✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Word Of Music's non-fangirl opinion of "Christmas Lights"

tauiwi

I thought it wasnt doing it for me just because its a Christmas Song

....and I loathe Christmas and pretty much all of winter.

The fact that so many other people feel the same is equally reassuring as it is worrying

as Pai said

I thought that snippet from The South Bank Show was MUCH better than the finished product.

It makes me curious... like..... where did they go wrong.

I was dissapointed to hear "Six feet of snow and water deep, I wish you'd let your troubles sleep"

replaced with Lyrics I'd already heard (and didnt think much of tbh) on wedding bells.

It felt like a cop out that he sort of.... fused the two together.

It was so much better at its simplest.... just him and the piano/guitar.

Thats when there's magic IMO.

....So there.

And if you consider THAT a fangirl opinion because I didnt completely berate them (oh the horor)

well....

suck it.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but liek srzly, chris maz lites iz da best coldPLAY song EVA and i alrddy knw dat lp5 wil b da BEST COLDpLAY alBUM EVAAAAAAAAA becuz of dat song :D:D:D

an cris is HAWT an i wants 2 mary hm + hav hiz babeeeeeez:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Who exactly is that supposed to be mocking?

but liek srzly, chris maz lites iz da best coldPLAY song EVA and i alrddy knw dat lp5 wil b da BEST COLDpLAY alBUM EVAAAAAAAAA becuz of dat song :D:D:D

an cris is HAWT an i wants 2 mary hm + hav hiz babeeeeeez:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

:wreck:

Just a generic fangirl. I swear to god I once saw I post exactly like that in the main Coldplay forum. That's why I love WoM.

r u srs!!!!!

kidding

but really as much as i ....mmmmaayybbeee could be called a fangi--nevermind.

That annoys even me.

And I have a long fuse so thats really saying something.

Because yeah fangirls can crush on the band members and be really devoted but that... is.... just.................. no.

And if you consider THAT a fangirl opinion because I didnt completely berate them (oh the horor)

well....

suck it.

Who exactly is that supposed to be mocking?

You ask why people mock you, well, the bolded is proof. You are indeed a fangirl, and you're also annoying. You never post anything completely seriously and you seem arrogant, and that's what I sense in your posts.

This isn't really a mock, I'm not looking for that, or to make you go all insane and angry :/

But seriously, like that one time you thought out of nowhere that the FB creeper thread was a mock of you, seriously, you're wrong.

Wanna voice your opinion? Great, that's why I didn't quote most of the first post I quoted, but really, half of the people here don't even care to mock you :/

/you.

Edit: Also, I don't get why fangirls get so angry, it's fine if they love the band and can't see anything else and are blinded by their love, but to force their opinion on non fangirls? Like this fanboy, tried to force me into accepting Viva la vida is an amazing album just cos it's his favorite, I mean, really?

Your opinion based on love for them doesn't have to be MY opinion as well. You can't really discuss if a song is mediocre or good cos they'd get easily offended, so a talk with one is pretty much about how "hot" they are and never about the music, and if it's about the music they only point out how good Chris sings and all the emotion he apparently has.

Totally am with you. I also preferred the little snipped of Wedding Bells from South Bank show over the little snipped of Christmas Lights on 60 minutes. As stated before it is a Christmas song which makes it a bit hard to get through, and musically I have trouble enjoying 6/8 songs. I love the whole first part of it though! And I think it's really interesting how they slow the beginnings of the chorus?

I have extreme trouble playing 6/8 songs. :|

I'm stupid and need a simple time signature. :mad:

I wasn't referring to just coldplay, in general I just get annoyed by people who like you say over-analyze music and are too picky. Its just the type of personality I don't like, and I have to deal with those type at work all the time. I just don't see why people can't lighten up and stop looking so much at the negatives of things.but whatever.

And no there's nothing wrong with being a fangirl. Its just a person who truly likes an artist's music, and happy that way. If you mean we are bad because we are annoying, well picky people are a noying to me, so its pretty much even.

I can look at coldplay songs and see some things I don't like, i even skip a few of them. but I just don't focus on the negatives, I choose to take in the songs as they are, for their good qualities. I look at the glass half full not half empty ;)

Uh, stop focussing on the negative and being so 'picky'.

Can you see my point? Your view is actually frightening, people aren't allowed to have negative opinions? We're supposed to just trawl through life accepting everything?

It's hypocritical, if you like the song then just say so, but you had to come in and start calling people 'picky' and just ignore their opinions (Focussing on negativity which is apparently something you hate).

And yes I don't like fangirls but I gave reasons for it, your reasons for disliking 'picky' people don't add up, as you are just as guilty as they are for focussing on negativity. You knew this thread wasn't going to be 100% I WUV COLDPLAY :heart: but you came in here anyway, so stop contradicting yourself.

Yeah not too impressed. Hoping it's just a Christmas song and not an indication of things to come.

I don't hate it though.

^ you should its amazing xmas song

DERP

You never post anything completely seriously and you seem arrogant, and that's what I sense in your posts.

That's what annoys me more then anything about her, always making these snide remarks with vague touches of irony and sarcasm, but when actually confronted about her opinions she has fuck all to say, its always down to vague paranoia and unfounded suspicion. Which explains why she never makes a clear point, it's always some cryptic bullshit because if it was a concise opinion she actually has to back it, and she simply can't.

You ask why people mock you, well, the bolded is proof. You are indeed a fangirl, and you're also annoying. You never post anything completely seriously and you seem arrogant, and that's what I sense in your posts.

This isn't really a mock, I'm not looking for that, or to make you go all insane and angry :/

But seriously, like that one time you thought out of nowhere that the FB creeper thread was a mock of you, seriously, you're wrong.

Wanna voice your opinion? Great, that's why I didn't quote most of the first post I quoted, but really, half of the people here don't even care to mock you :/

/you.

Edit: Also, I don't get why fangirls get so angry, it's fine if they love the band and can't see anything else and are blinded by their love, but to force their opinion on non fangirls? Like this fanboy, tried to force me into accepting Viva la vida is an amazing album just cos it's his favorite, I mean, really?

Your opinion based on love for them doesn't have to be MY opinion as well. You can't really discuss if a song is mediocre or good cos they'd get easily offended, so a talk with one is pretty much about how "hot" they are and never about the music, and if it's about the music they only point out how good Chris sings and all the emotion he apparently has.

I stopped reading after "you ask why people mock you"

Honestly

Save it.

I have no respect for someone who is constantly on the forum of a band they dislike getting surly and hostile with people who are actually here because they like the band.

Meanwhile having to put up with you constantly insulting the band whilst on the fansite for that band.

Your not the only one,

but that doesnt make it any less pathetic.

So because I dont respect you for that, your opinions of me and everything else mean nothing.

Stop wasting your breath.

If its a flame war you're looking for then you'll be very disappointed.

You're lucky I even gave you this reply at all.

I bid you good day.

I also advise you don't bother with a reply to this seeing as I wont be reading it.

That's what annoys me more then anything about her, always making these snide remarks with vague touches of irony and sarcasm, but when actually confronted about her opinions she has fuck all to say, its always down to vague paranoia and unfounded suspicion. Which explains why she never makes a clear point, it's always some cryptic bullshit because if it was a concise opinion she actually has to back it, and she simply can't.

Well, yes, but again, see what she just did? She didn't even bother to read a serious post. I was telling her my opinion without the intention to mock her :/

It's like, when someone tells you you're doing something wrong cos it's bad? I dunno how to explain.

I'm such a fangirl. :sad:

It's.. okay, listenable. But that doesn't mean it's horrible. And I'm not saying that because I'm trying to be like a 100% Coldplay fan.

It isn't amazing, one of their best songs. It's just.. okay. It's good.

It's a christmas song, so it had some of those elements, so it won't be like LP5 or that's IMO.

It sounds very Coldplayish and very Christmasy, so that's what I expected :blank:

Edit: I also love how some crazy fangirls go to this thread, claiming that they're not like those fangirls. lulz. And then they're like "IT'S AMAZING OMG AND CHRIS IS SO SEXY IT'S THE BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVEVVRVRVEVRVRVRVRRRR"

This is me :heart:

Uh, stop focussing on the negative and being so 'picky'.

Can you see my point? Your view is actually frightening, people aren't allowed to have negative opinions? We're supposed to just trawl through life accepting everything?

It's hypocritical, if you like the song then just say so, but you had to come in and start calling people 'picky' and just ignore their opinions (Focussing on negativity which is apparently something you hate).

And yes I don't like fangirls but I gave reasons for it, your reasons for disliking 'picky' people don't add up, as you are just as guilty as they are for focussing on negativity. You knew this thread wasn't going to be 100% I WUV COLDPLAY :heart: but you came in here anyway, so stop contradicting yourself.

Haha wow. I never mentioned what I think people should be doing with their life:laugh3:

I just said I thought people shouldn't focus on the negative not to completely overlook things.

Um I just put a simple comment about my opinion, I don't see why you have to attack me for that:\

I don't like focussing on negativty, it seems you are forgetting what the word focus means. I can be negative, im not perfect, but I try to not to stay negative.

You are completely ignoring my reasons for disliking "picky" people. I know I dislike them for basically the same reasons you hate fangirls I did mention that before, I said we were even on that.

I knew it wouldn't be like that, that doesn't mean I can't come and give an opinion either. And haha this a website for coldplay fans you did know that right? Its kinda obvious there would be "fangirls" around yet you still come here too.:P

I don't care if I ever contradict myself, im free to change my mind about things:P

Anyway I can see there wont be a winner in this argument. You can have your opinions and I can have mine.

I liked it a lot the first time I heard it (that was due more to the circumstances, I was on THE boat). But then when listening to it again once it came out, I was less enthousiastic about it. I like the beginning a lot though. But when it goes 'those christmas light...' it kinda ruoins the mood of the song. It's like it doesn't fit the song at all

I stopped reading after "you ask why people mock you"

Honestly

Save it.

Argh the only thing more annoying then the aforementioned is her attempt at being brash and badass, writing things like "Save it" and "Suck it".

Well, yes, but again, see what she just did? She didn't even bother to read a serious post. I was telling her my opinion without the intention to mock her :/

It's like, when someone tells you you're doing something wrong cos it's bad? I dunno how to explain.

What she did was put her fingers in her ears and go LALALA

Haha wow. I never mentioned what I think people should be doing with their life:laugh3:

I just said I thought people shouldn't focus on the negative not to completely overlook things.

Um I just put a simple comment about my opinion, I don't see why you have to attack me for that:\

I don't like focussing on negativty, it seems you are forgetting what the word focus means. I can be negative, im not perfect, but I try to not to stay negative.

You are completely ignoring my reasons for disliking "picky" people. I know I dislike them for basically the same reasons you hate fangirls I did mention that before, I said we were even on that.

I knew it wouldn't be like that, that doesn't mean I can't come and give an opinion either. And haha this a website for coldplay fans you did know that right? Its kinda obvious there would be "fangirls" around yet you still come here too.:P

I don't care if I ever contradict myself, im free to change my mind about things:P

Anyway I can see there wont be a winner in this argument. You can have your opinions and I can have mine.

I am ignoring your reasons for disliking 'picky' people because it doesn't make sense, you are disliking people for having simply an opinion, hopefully one day you won't be so narrow minded and accept that people will have negative opinions on things, and these may contradict your views, but acceptance is one thing fangirls can't deal with.

Even if I like the song I think that the "this is a coldplay site" posts are always so stupid. I mean, this thread is in the WoM section so it's not like some people are posting negative comments about the song in the coldplay section hurting all the blind fans' feelings. Not everyone here likes the same stuff, and music taste can change quite a lot, get over it.

^ Exactly.

And haha this a website for coldplay fans you did know that right? Its kinda obvious there would be "fangirls" around yet you still come here too.:P

That's why we have this thread - "World of Music's non-fangirl opinion". We have enough of fangirly opinions on the Coldplay section, now some people like me want to read the critics from unbiased listeners. If we stick to rigid fangirly comments, we won't know the real quality, value and strength of the song. I don't mean all fangirls would have biased critics, but obviously some of them do.

You can come to this thread and give your opinions freely, but if you know you're a resolute fangirl, you have to accept if your opinion is being ignored since the purpose of this thread is to serve for non-fangirl opinions.

The "This is a Coldplay forum" is the oldest moot point that Mark just can't let go of. I didn't even decide to point this out, but in it's context it wasn't even relevant. My point is that she (Now u-turned from this) said she hates people who are negative and focus on negativity, so I pointed out that this is exactly what she's doing, what I'm doing is totally irrelevant because I have no problem with people who express negative opinions or when people see something wrong they point it out, because that's what I do, except I'm not hypocritical enough to claim otherwise like she is.

She's posted here a handful of times focussing on her negative opinions of 'picky people' yet hates people who keep focussing on negativity. Right.

So yes, I do expect to see fangirls on a Coldplay site, I never said otherwise and I never said that I don't point out where they are wrong, I can still hate them for being biased and 2-dimensional. Hating 'picky people' because they have negative opinions on something you like just sounds like a big load of bullshit.