✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Album will be a concept album according to this BBC interview.

IneedYou23

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Coldplay need worry about Radiohead.

Yeah Radiohead are never can be as big as coldplay as terms of sales, Radiohead generate 10% of what coldplay has (er, maybe my calculations may be wrong), but what I mean is Radiohead is a great band etc. they can over trump Coldplay with their outstanding Critical acclaim but not with sales no Coldplay would trump em'

Recently Chris said that they want to avoid competitions with other bands-so i guess Coldplay album won't come out til Radiohead's one.

LOL , if chris says that he wants to avoid competition with other bands or other members . but sales wise he has nothing to worry. What i mean its that , for example , we all know how chris loves u2 and bono , and he has the greatest respect for him , and when they say coldplay is the biggest band he says u2 is , and so on.

So what i was thinking is that maybe he wants to avoid that .

But sales ways , coldplay nor chris , should be worring about radiohead :cool: they can outsell them in a single week :cool:

I like the idea! I didn't think of lovers though (hmm I need to listen to Green Day's last album..I'm such a fail-fan).

What I pictured is actually.er..kind of a Spanish album. :p First thing to come to mind were the songs Don Quixote and Spanish Rain - I think that's what the album will be. Two different blokes who are different, but both a little bit bonkers - Don Quixote and Sancho Panza - going to fight windmills and rescue drag queens. If there's an angsty feel, maybe it might be about society killing your dreams and fantasies, or a man behind the curtain (I can't remember the name of the "evil wizard" in Don Quixote though, if he had a name >_>) turning the monsters into innocuous windmills. Or perhaps our tendencies to idealize the things in our life, whether it is country/patriotism (work in them social themes aye?) or love...Wedding Bells seems to depict love as a sacrifice. How can this possibly go badly? :)

Certainly, you may be right, and it could be a concept album about the story ofDon Quixote and Sancho Panza., as they are like-minded outsider. The album name is going to have two words, one beginning with an M., and that could easily be "La Mancha", because that is the place where Don Quixote and Sancho Panza come from.

Gwyneth lived her holidays for a few years and still has friends in Talavera, Spain, which is part of La Mancha, too.

Maybe someone should ask Oracle about this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20101217_coldplayfinal.shtml (audio of the earlier BBC news article)

(don't think this is embedding properly)

<object width="466" height="138"><param name="movie" value="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2F6music%2Femp%2Fxml%2Fnews%2Faudio%2Fcoldplayfinal%2Exml&config_settings_skin=silver&config_settings_displayMode=audio&config_settings_showFooter=true&"></param><embed src="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="466" height="138" FlashVars="playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2F6music%2Femp%2Fxml%2Fnews%2Faudio%2Fcoldplayfinal%2Exml&config_settings_skin=silver&config_settings_displayMode=audio&config_settings_showFooter=true&"></embed></object>

So I've been thinking about this whole 'Concept' album thing, and I think I've had a cracking idea!

Look at them as a band, visually; what are they wearing now as opposed to the VLV revolution attire?

I was reading the Guardian's review of the Liverpool Crisis gig and it just clicked when I read what he wrote:

'They look like they'd just came bumbling on stage from crashing a wedding'

then I thought.... 'Wedding Bells' - considered the lyrics and it just seems INCREDIBLY feasible that the concept album is about this guy who loses the love of his life and goes on a journey to win her back and has to stop her marrying somebody else.

It's just a thought, but it goes with their new stage attire and wedding bells.

any thoughts?

So I've been thinking about this whole 'Concept' album thing, and I think I've had a cracking idea!

Look at them as a band, visually; what are they wearing now as opposed to the VLV revolution attire?

I was reading the Guardian's review of the Liverpool Crisis gig and it just clicked when I read what he wrote:

'They look like they'd just came bumbling on stage from crashing a wedding'

then I thought.... 'Wedding Bells' - considered the lyrics and it just seems INCREDIBLY feasible that the concept album is about this guy who loses the love of his life and goes on a journey to win her back and has to stop her marrying somebody else.

It's just a thought, but it goes with their new stage attire and wedding bells.

any thoughts?

Coldplay...the wedding crashers.... :lol: