✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Parlophone's A&R for Coldplay: LP5 expected "towards the autumn"

busybeeburns

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope they're not setting themselves and the fans up for disappointment,by doing so many festivals and having nothing new for them..

Even if they play some of the very old stuff that we want to hear,most people at festivals probably arent's such diehard fans and probably wouldn't know all the old music

Guest howyousawtheworld

Let's not panic people if this is the case! We'll be seeing some of the new songs previewed in the best way possible - at the worlds biggest festivals and then WHAM - the album in September! It worked wonders with AROBTTH and as far as I'm concerned that is when it will be released because the official tour will be no earlier than September/October as gathered by the festival dates taking up the summer. Plus the band will have a few more months to perfect what will be their masterpiece!

Let's not panic people if this is the case! We'll be seeing some of the new songs previewed in the best way possible - at the worlds biggest festivals and then WHAM - the album in September! It worked wonders with AROBTTH and as far as I'm concerned that is when it will be released because the official tour will be no earlier than September/October as gathered by the festival dates taking up the summer. Plus the band will have a few more months to perfect what will be their masterpiece!

They are playing in brasil in october

At the rock in río

Maybe a start in Latin America official tour :wacko: !?

Miles walks into studio........

"Hey Guy's just checking in with you to see how it's going, and when the release will be."

Coldplay jamming away ignores said Miles......

Will drumming raises his eyebrow and thinks "Oh No", he checking to see when we're gonna release"

Guy looks towards the ceiling jammin on the bass ignoring Miles............

Jonny looks very worried, and looks to Chris for answers.......

Chris banging and humping his piano, looks up and say's......

"Um, hey Miles.... Um, Uh, well ya know, we keep changing things up a bit, Um,

Uh, oh, well ya see, Jonny thinks it will be Autumn.... Yeah, Autumn.....

Jonny glares at Chris, and Chris gives a wink........:lol:

I guess we will know sometime, we just gotta be patient:D

Guest howyousawtheworld

I would rather not have Coldplay release an album in May/June as I'll be feeding and digesting the new U2 album then. I'm happy with an autumn release as we've had a late spring early summer release for 3 of their 4 albums. And the one which wasn't was the best! Plus nothing like a Coldplay album to keep you going through the winter....although I don't want summery evening songs like Yellow or Strawberry Swing when I'm listening in the autumn... in Scotland!

Guest howyousawtheworld

At the rock in río

Yes of course. Forgot about RiR. That makes things complicated. The album will be released either side of Rio and then after Rio the official tour!

i just dont see how they can play the worlds biggest festival without all their old viva stuff. no jackets or instruments. i mean like R#42 said "the worlds vida has been vivad"...u cant viva the worlds vida twice! they have to be doing new stuff. what sux is that autumn is so far away from these festivals that LP5 on hard copy wont be exciting aanymore because weve all been listening to crudy live recordings for months once it comes out :/

At the rock in río

:bomb:

but no, I doubt they start the tour in Latin America, no one does...:disappointed:

Still, I hope the release of LP5 is not after RIR :thinking:

So , how sure of this are we . I mean is it oficial ? :thinking:

I mean , we are talking about the person in the artist and repertory departament on Parlophone. Its not like he is the head of Parlophone , or the one of marketing or something :thinking: . I Doubt they would give someone of other departament information about a major release .. ( maybe hes right , but the thing is that its too fucking wierd about the festivals , i mean , if it was only 1 i get it , but they are like 10 :lol:)

It totally makes no sense. Plus insiders in record labels not always have the true :lol: . Ive been told countless times that people on Island def jam were going to release different compilations that they never did .. so idk how reliable is this :confused: