✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Parlophone's A&R for Coldplay: LP5 expected "towards the autumn"

busybeeburns

They may as well finish the recording process before the festivals and use summer for the mixing and album production and everything else going on for the release, I don't see it as impossible tbh and I don't understand why a lot of people care that much about how much time it's taking, if they don't feel what they have now is good enough why should they release it, just because we want it and can't wait anymore? I feel that would be kind of selfish on our part :shrug:

well i dont think its selfish, i mean they do this for us not for themselves. its not like releasing the album now is depriving them of anything, only giving us something and isnt that the point? and its not that any of us here are saying "screw u trying to do a better job! just give us what uve got!" were saying "man i wish they already had finalized the album cause i LOVEEEEE coldplay sooo much."

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i dont think its selfish, i mean they do this for us not for themselves. its not like releasing the album now is depriving them of anything, only giving us something and isnt that the point? and its not that any of us here are saying "screw u trying to do a better job! just give us what uve got!" were saying "man i wish they already had finalized the album cause i LOVEEEEE coldplay sooo much."

hmm..i hope they are doing it for themselves a little..what's the point in making music if that's not what you want to do...?

Of course I am incredibly impatient for their album release..but I also have some faith that if they are taking a long time, its to make the album that much better.

They may as well finish the recording process before the festivals and use summer for the mixing and album production and everything else going on for the release, I don't see it as impossible tbh and I don't understand why a lot of people care that much about how much time it's taking, if they don't feel what they have now is good enough why should they release it, just because we want it and can't wait anymore? I feel that would be kind of selfish on our part :shrug:

I have no problem with delaying, but I have problem with all this festivals gigs. What the point to do it? Festivals suggest album should be out before, now it could be postponed until late autumn. So there is no point in doing festivals. The late date for LP5 also suggest new tour would begin in 2012. Winter tour not the great thing either.

I love them too and as much as I would like an album before the summer festivals, I can totally understand if they still need a bit of time to make it how they really want it to be before giving it to us, I don't really want them to feel again like after X&Y.

I have no problem with delaying, but I have problem with all this festivals gigs. What the point to do it?

As someone else pointed out they already did the same before releasing A Rush of Blood to the Head, they played a few new songs during some shows, Glastonbury included, why can't they do it this time? :thinking:

I don't see anything wrong about playing new songs before the release, a lot of bands do it, U2 did it as well last summer and the new album is coming out this year.

But he is not in Coldplay. He can't be sure that they are gonna release it in autumn. What if they are finish before autumn? ;)

And can play new songs at the festivals. I don't think that they are going to sing all the 'old' songs at a festival. ;)

As someone else pointed out they already did the same before releasing A Rush of Blood to the Head, they played a few new songs during some shows, Glastonbury included, why can't they do it this time? :thinking:

I don't see anything wrong about playing new songs before the release, a lot of bands do it, U2 did it as well last summer and the new album is coming out this year.

Back then they postponed release of AROBTH in the last minute for a couple of month. I guess they couldn't cancel Glastonbury because that's too big event for beginners. That's why they was forced to play something new prior to release and started a tour.

With LP5 it's another story. There are simply no point in 10 gigs w/o album. Especially if it could come late in November.

They started playing In My Place in October 2000, God Put A Smile and A Rush of Blood in April 2001, so I still don't see why they can't play new songs unless they release an album before the festivals :shrug:

And with this I think I made my point of view clear enough so I won't answer anymore :escaping:

I wish a lot of people would understand how long it really takes to record an album ESPECIALLY at the caliber of Coldplay. Just think about it. Going into recording an album with nothing. Even if you have tons of ideas, it can still take forever to sift through them and find what you want to use. Completing one song could take weeks. So I think they are still on good time.

Yeah they do need more time to promote it for EMI, who will be pushing the album because they know it will do well. I totally understand it takes a long time I mean they've been recording for a year nearly and if they're anything like me they are perfectionists and want to have as long as possible on the album.