✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Parlophone's A&R for Coldplay: LP5 expected "towards the autumn"

busybeeburns

well we really have to leave it to them to decide what is best, its their baby and nobody likes it when someone gives you their opinion on how to raise it. I was hoping for the spring but august would be nice b/c the summer will be over and we will be all depressed so it gives us something to look forward to when we all go back to school/work regular old lives etc. they must have their reasons and we just gotta go with that, its not like we won't be waiting

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one of the ones who want the new album to be out in May or June, maybe July or August as far away but... I used to be an impatient person in the past, but now I can wait. So why don't you do like me and just don't listen to the bad quality songs onto the internet before the album it's released? I'm the first to know that it's difficult, but it's possible.

I'm really hoping that they won't play any new songs at the festivals, because I want to hear the LP how they created it.

So they should just play only OLD stuff as headliners at numerous festivals a full 3 years after their most recent release? Do you know how much they would get ripped on for that? And I would have no shame in doing some of the ripping myself...

They need to perform new material, and it should make up at least half of their performance; they can't be resting on their laurels otherwise it will make them look, I don't know, arrogant. Even if they wait until after the festivals to release LP5, they will still need to perform the new stuff.

They could perform songs from LP5 b-side. It seems they have plenty of songs now. One or two could appear in LP5. They also could release first single during festivals.

The one thing I don't get what the point in 10 festivals with tight schedule? Perhaps it's one of this strange marketing strategies? Or they postponed release once again, but festivals has already been confirmed?

thing is, their summer is filled with festivals. so what work are they gonna be getting done during the summer. it seems like theyd be going back to the studio in autumn with nothing different from when it was spring, but for some reason they cant release it in spring? wtf?

Guest howyousawtheworld

Quite frankly if they perform the songs live first I'll appreciate them even more when I hear them for the first time on the actual album. I mean I had heard all the songs from Viva before it was released in June 2008 through their few song releases (Violet Hill, VLV, Lost acoustic) they had released and the full shebang on Myspace a couple of weeks before the release so there wasn't any great surprise.

I agree that they should play LP5 B-sides at the festival. The last thing I want is album material recorded with a camcorder at a festival floating around on youtube.

For one, I want to hear the album songs in their fully recorded state before hearing them live (unless I am at the performance, which won't be happening.)

Second of all, if they find their way to youtube, I wouldn't want to watch them, but would be tempted anyways. This is not a good situation.

However, new songs that aren't on the album would be great for the festivals.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I will certainly be catching a glimpse of the songs on YouTube and undoubtedly at Glastonbury which will be shown live on the BBC

i just wish they'd hurry up and get the album to us. while i've got a ton of new stuff i'm listening to all the time, i'm a bit bummed that the album that was supposed to come by the end of 2009 and then 2010 is now 2011. It'll have been three and a half years.

It doesn't make too much difference - summer or fall - but I just feel like Coldplay's timeline as a band is getting closer to it's end. If they don't pump more material out now, when will they ever? If they could do a double album or release a second album very soon after I'd feel good about it all. But as it is, waiting another three and a half years just seems too long.

I do like the idea of the album fitting the autumn though - if the music style fits it. Strawberry Swing would be awfully out of place.

The thing is also, if the album is supposed to be fall we could get the single by the middle of summer. Which doesn't sound too bad... :\

Guest howyousawtheworld
i just wish they'd hurry up and get the album to us. while i've got a ton of new stuff i'm listening to all the time, i'm a bit bummed that the album that was supposed to come by the end of 2009 and then 2010 is now 2011. It'll have been three and a half years.

It doesn't make too much difference - summer or fall - but I just feel like Coldplay's timeline as a band is getting closer to it's end. If they don't pump more material out now, when will they ever? If they could do a double album or release a second album very soon after I'd feel good about it all. But as it is, waiting another three and a half years just seems too long.

I do like the idea of the album fitting the autumn though - if the music style fits it. Strawberry Swing would be awfully out of place.

The thing is also, if the album is supposed to be fall we could get the single by the middle of summer. Which doesn't sound too bad... :\

I can't see how you can think that?? Coldplay can easily go on like REM, U2, Radiohead. As far as I'm concerned they could go on well into their 40s and 50s at least. They've always had that maturity about them even as students.

I believe the guy doesn't know anything. The album will be out in spring. How do I know? Common sense. They are playing 11 festivals this summer, including the biggest Glastonbury. They are definitely not going to play old stuff at Glastonbury, hence the album will be out in spring or early summer! I bet you!

Guest howyousawtheworld

Have people on here contemplated the possibility that they WILL play new songs at the festivals when the album doesn't have to be released just yet?? Not a lot of bands do it but that's the way it looks to be heading with this album. It is undoubtedly a new move by Coldplay as they did state that they didn't want as much media promotion for this one like with the previous album so why not promote it differently - by playing and previewing new songs at festivals rather than performing them live on BBC radio 1 or hosting small promotional gigs like at BBC TV centre in 2008.

Heck, they could spend the whole of one gig just jamming like hell. Of course they won't do that but they will be playing new material regardless of when the album is released. Of course it's only speculation about this autumn date so let's just wait and see what we hear from the band themselves.

I can't see how you can think that?? Coldplay can easily go on like REM, U2, Radiohead. As far as I'm concerned they could go on well into their 40s and 50s at least. They've always had that maturity about them even as students.

It's not their ability to keep performing that I question. It's their desire to. The band has mentioned on a number of occasions that they're thinking about age and when they'll hang up their boots.

I suppose I just think they'll probably say goodbye by 45. I don't see them as attracted to the stage in the way a band like U2 is or as interested in doing something new like Radiohead. Perhaps Chris keeps writing or doing projects with others, but I guess I think it'll be closing time if the band go another ten years.

And I really would hope that twenty years of Coldplay got us at least ten records. I know it's possible. I just don't want the band to take so much time anymore. If it means limiting their touring, I wouldn't mind.

Have people on here contemplated the possibility that they WILL play new songs at the festivals when the album doesn't have to be released just yet?? Not a lot of bands do it but that's the way it looks to be heading with this album. It is undoubtedly a new move by Coldplay as they did state that they didn't want as much media promotion for this one like with the previous album so why not promote it differently - by playing and previewing new songs at festivals rather than performing them live on BBC radio 1 or hosting small promotional gigs like at BBC TV centre in 2008.

Heck, they could spend the whole of one gig just jamming like hell. Of course they won't do that but they will be playing new material regardless of when the album is released. Of course it's only speculation about this autumn date so let's just wait and see what we hear from the band themselves.

maybe, we'll see.

thing is, their summer is filled with festivals. so what work are they gonna be getting done during the summer. it seems like theyd be going back to the studio in autumn with nothing different from when it was spring, but for some reason they cant release it in spring? wtf?

They may as well finish the recording process before the festivals and use summer for the mixing and album production and everything else going on for the release, I don't see it as impossible tbh and I don't understand why a lot of people care that much about how much time it's taking, if they don't feel what they have now is good enough why should they release it, just because we want it and can't wait anymore? I feel that would be kind of selfish on our part :shrug:

I'd like to have the album by May/ June, but if it's not ready, it's not ready, what can we do about it? They'll probably present the album at the festivals, I somehow believe they won't play just old songs, and then release the album by August. Or maybe this guy doesn't know for sure and we are all here getting crazy for nothing :shrug:. What we do know, judging by interviews about the recording process of the previous albums, is that they keep working on it and adding and / or changing things til almost the last minute. Sometimes the last songs they added were really important songs like Clocks or Viva La Vida. So I don't know, stressing about it won't change a thing. I wish I had a release date -May, June, November-whenever!- , so I can just don't worry about it anymore, but we don't. I'm hopeful that we will get to hear new songs in a few months at the festivals. I know it feels like a long time between albums -especially when you want and need to hear new material as I'm sure many people here, me inculded :wink: are - but 3 years between albums is not that uncommon tbh. After all, they officially finished their last leg of the Viva tour about a year ago. I'm impatient as well, but let's keep positive :nice: