✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Parlophone's A&R for Coldplay: LP5 expected "towards the autumn"

busybeeburns

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't get their strategy headlining Festivals without new material to promote. Maybe it's not that bad, we'll at least get new songs played live.. and later on the new recorded album, which may even contain different songs. Who knows what's going on.

I am desperate for their new music, but I'd be dealing with it better if Rodie didn't taken so long between updates. And it's hard to believe they are still writing songs, I'm sure there's plenty mind-blowing ones to choose from by now.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Am I the only one who likes the idea of them previewing new songs at the festivals and releasing the LP in the autumn??! Sure I desperately want them to release something NOW but if they released it in May/June again then it'd get a bit sandy. I'd like a Coldplay album that can be the soundtrack to my autumn and not to my summer!! Who's with me?!?!

what sux is that autumn is so far away from these festivals that LP5 on hard copy wont be exciting aanymore because weve all been listening to crudy live recordings for months once it comes out :/

I agree.

The studio versions are meticulously crafted (in this case over a very long period of time!). They're the note-perfect end product that the band want us to hear. As exciting as hearing new material at these festivals will be, I can't help feeling the songs will be spoiled by coming into the world through crappy bootlegs from festival audio.

The guys are taking extra time in the studio because they obviously want the finished material to be just right. That's what I want to hear first.

Am I the only one who likes the idea of them previewing new songs at the festivals and releasing the LP in the autumn??! Sure I desperately want them to release something NOW but if they released it in May/June again then it'd get a bit sandy. I'd like a Coldplay album that can be the soundtrack to my autumn and not to my summer!! Who's with me?!?!

I'm with you, I want a Coldplay album which can be the soundtrack to my autumn, not my spring and/or summer :snobby:

:D

I agree.

The studio versions are meticulously crafted (in this case over a very long period of time!). They're the note-perfect end product that the band want us to hear. As exciting as hearing new material at these festivals will be, I can't help feeling the songs will be spoiled by coming into the world through crappy bootlegs from festival audio.

The guys are taking extra time in the studio because they obviously want the finished material to be just right. That's what I want to hear first.

EXACTLY :D

N I would hate for it to be released in autumn.

1.its too far away!

2. I loved having a cp album for summer I had so much free time to just enjoy the music :D

when in fall ill have school and stress and that wont let me enjoy it to the best of it :P

No you are not the only one. I am with you.

I think the opposite actually... I remember when White Shadows and Square One and some other X&Y songs were heard on a bootleg for the first time and even though the quality wasn't great it was something to savour :D In a funny kind of way it was better than having a VBR studio quality leak and pretending that's the album.

I'm going to kind of diss Radiohead here but their newest album felt rushed and I don't think it was the best it could've been. We wouldn't want that to happen to Coldplay so it's good to take their time. I'm sure we will get something new this spring leading up to the summer of festivals but I think this will be their best album so we should let them take their time! :thumbsup:

Um...it's been like three or four years since Radiohead's last release. It might feel rushed, but take a few more listens. It certainly wasn't.

Besides, we have reason to believe that there is still more to come...

...leave it to Radiohead. :P

I'm going to kind of diss Radiohead here but their newest album felt rushed and I don't think it was the best it could've been. We wouldn't want that to happen to Coldplay so it's good to take their time. I'm sure we will get something new this spring leading up to the summer of festivals but I think this will be their best album so we should let them take their time! :thumbsup:

Radiohead didn't rush their album, unlike Coldplay they haven't got a big record company putting pressure on them. Though it does sound like a Thom York solo record which is a shame. I like the idea of a Autumn release - something different this time.

I have kind of a mixed feeling about listening to new songs live, it happened to me before with The Killers, and I liked them best than the studio version (Spaceman first live version is 1000000 times better than the studio and second live version)...so if they're really going to preview a few songs live I really hope I won't be disappointed with the studio version :uhoh:

That said, I can patiently wait till the autumn if this is their plan (tough August would be the best thing)

It's usually the same for me, Denise.

But when I saw that youtube video of the first performance of Glass of Water I thought "WTF is this?" and then later loved the song.

Ok, that was probably only the first performance since it sounded completely different live later on in the tour. :uhoh:

So what happened to 'recording sessions for Viva went so well that the next album would be out sooner than later'? This will be their longest hiatus yet!

No, it won't -_-. Hiatus between X&Y and Viva was about 3 years as well. Oh no, it might be a month or two longer, but srsly.

AUGUST[/size][/b]...

YES PLZ

plsplsplsplsplsplsplspslpslpslplz