✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they can create better and more beautiful music but what I was trying to get across was SOME people are getting on their Coldplay high horse and being ery judgemental which at times has comes as being overly negative and nasty.

This is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. How can you compare lyrics - they all have their own meaning and interpretation.

What do you mean 'how can you compare lyrics'? Of course different lyrics can be interpreted differently by different people, but that doesn't mean you can't judge the quality of lyrics, or that it is impossible for one particular set of lyrics to be worse than another.

Would you say then that just because I can interpret the lyrics differently, that lyrics to Rebecca Black's "Friday" can be considered of the same caliber as "Careful Where You Stand"? Of course not. The point I was making in my last post was the Coldplay has done better than this before. Therefore they can do better than this. Bringing me to...

The negativity on this forum today has been shocking. People saying 'I know Coldplay can do better' what are you talking about?? No you don't, you don't no them, your not in the studio with them.

I realize you like the song, but yes I know they can do better because they have done it before. Or do you believe that they honestly can't do better than this; that Every Teardrop is a Waterfall is Coldplay's peak?

I can take people saying they don't like the song but some people's comments have been harsh and bitter. Coldplay are moving on, they can't keep making Parachutes every three years, every band goes through an evolution. Deal with it.

We're just disappointed with the song. We've waited 3 years through all the hype like you have. And like I said in another post, I'm not looking for Parachutes: The Sequel or A Rush of Blood "2" The Head. I was excited when they hyped up that the band were moving in a new direction. I was just disappointed when this new direction sounded like a David Guetta song with lackluster lyrics.

Personally I like the song and I think its spot on.

Personally I dislike it, if this were buried in LP5 or was released as a b-side it probably wouldn't have been such a big deal to me but this was released as the lead single to the long-awaited album. Obviously there's nothing I can do about this though, except just wait and hope that the rest of LP5 is good.

I think the song is the sound of four people playing very tightly together and is actually a magnificent celebration song. If it is indeed the last song on the album, what a great way to end what could still be a rather intimate affair (we have heard only ONE song!). Also, in understanding Chris' statement about making a final push to be the biggest band in the world, I think they have succeeded in making an organic sounding, yet large, pop song along the lines of U2.

Love the energy, and am completely intrigued by their promotion (or lack thereof) for the album. Bands get tired of their tour/record cycle and want to switch up their sound and their strategy. They have redesigned everything, from stage, to clothes, to sound, and haven't spoken one word about it like in previous campaigns. They dont need to repeat themselves or build hype after months of magazines and reporters living with them at the studio in building to the album release. They will simply let the music speak for itself. When a band the size of Coldplay say they want an album to come out with less fan fair, it's hard to imagine how, but somehow, in typical Coldplay style, they have achieved just that. A large affair without any fan fair! Kanye tried this promotion style with his last album and in some respects it failed, the gamble didn't work out with regards to album sales. But Google Coldplay and see how many sites are making the story up for the band. They haven't had to do interviews with anyone and yet EVERY music source is writing long articles about the new single and forthcoming album. They are already getting all the promotion they need. It will be interesting to see if this works out for Coldplay.

I hope it does. Good job boys. Haters gon hate!

(Also, having a song title that sounds like another sad Coldplay song, and then coming out with the actual song was a brilliant move in my mind. They are always thinking of how to turn the game that they invented on its head, and in my mind they delivered again.)

Guest howyousawtheworld

People, people, people. Just hear the intro to their opening NEW song at tonight's festival below. Sounds IMMENSE in the short moments we get from it. .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjYBtiI5FxM]YouTube - ‪COLDPLAY‬‏[/ame]

Guest howyousawtheworld
:D

Big song.

Great start for a gig,probably greater than Lit or Square one!

It will have to go some to beat Square One but we might have a hot one on our hands!

Guest howyousawtheworld
So Perez Hilton tweeted: "I am obsessively playing the new #Coldplay single nonstop! Listen to it HERE http://bit.ly/kAlJkY So epic!"

yep..

I could just imagine that fat prick dancing on his own to it. *shudders*

Oh and by the way I love your avatar. Will is a pretty swell guy! I would totally share a few pints of beer with him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brs86zz1OcM]YouTube - ‪Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay live at Rock im Park in Nuremberg 2011‬‏[/ame]

The audio when the drums start cracks

Jonny starts late the 1st riff

but this song is gonna be so awesome live!!!!

Well, it's sort of late, but this is mostly what I think about ETIAWF:

WHAT THE HELL?

This is barely the Coldplay I know! I have to admit that the first time I listened to the tune I was rather disappointed. I mean, where are the melodic lyrics and the piano, and the violins (I was hoping for violins) and overall, whatIS that pop beat?

What I did enjoy a lot is Jonny's rif. Heck, now THAT's some good work.

I still like the song, though, despite all the negative comments I read. Yes, Coldplay might have turned incredibly pop-ish now, but hey...I guess we'll just have to deal with it.

After all, isn't this song so damn happy?

YouTube - ‪Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay live at Rock im Park in Nuremberg 2011‬‏[/url]

The audio when the drums start cracks

Jonny starts late the 1st riff

but this song is gonna be so awesome live!!!!

I have to say that the light fixture they have up there looks pretty flippin' sweet. And the snippet of that other song has restored hope for me.

I have to say that the light fixture they have up there looks pretty flippin' sweet. And the snippet of that other song has restored hope for me.

I can already say sounds less techno live,and it will be a great song live!

Guest howyousawtheworld
Well, it's sort of late, but this is mostly what I think about ETIAWF:

WHAT THE HELL?

This is barely the Coldplay I know! I have to admit that the first time I listened to the tune I was rather disappointed. I mean, where are the melodic lyrics and the piano, and the violins (I was hoping for violins) and overall, whatIS that pop beat?

What I did enjoy a lot is Jonny's rif. Heck, now THAT's some good work.

I still like the song, though, despite all the negative comments I read. Yes, Coldplay might have turned incredibly pop-ish now, but hey...I guess we'll just have to deal with it.

After all, isn't this song so damn happy?

Jonny's rif sounded suspiciously Scottish bagpipe like. He was the star of that song. The only star of that song in my opinion.

And I bet soon after, we'll be able to buy that movie!!! Hmm by the time this new album comes out, we'll have heard most of it through youtube clips :P. They should just release it next week.. :P