✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

This is not a normal process, specially when you see loyal fans like me and many others who have been into coldplay since parachutes or arobtth. It takes a lot of crappy songs to lose these kind of fans and that's what it's so frustating for us to hear songs like this one, because we know they can do better. If they make good music they'll win new fans without losing old fans during the process.

I'm listening to Parachutes now and I can't believe it's the same band that released ETIAW, seriously. They can do way better and settling for less is just sad.

I'm also a fan since AROBTTH and I really love Viva and ETIAW. For me, with the Viva-Era they show the first time their really talent and potential, because they show how various they could be. So it's really nice for me to have both sides, AROBTTH and Viva and i'm really curious what there will be in this post-AROBTTH-era because now they are brave enough to do risky things and not only the same a little bit varied.

I didn't mean that all fans of the beginnings disappears when a band develop, I wrote "some". Most people here like also Viva so its only a small part which is so consequent and "leave" Coldplay. But this is very often the case when a band decide to make new stuff and not only the same things about 20 years.

Personally I think that this process is indeed ordinary.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how synths are any less of an instrument. It still takes a great amount of talent to make something that sounds good and to play something good, whether it's a synthesizer or a piano.

I actually quite like synths ^^ Especially the ones at the beginning of Violet Hill.

Nothing can beat an old-fashioned piano, though :awesome:

^^^^man, the process of music changing through the years IS ordinary and necessary. Going the easy way and not trying to do something richer and more complex isn't. It's not because they use new sounds that it makes them revolutionary, especially if the chords progessions are weak and other technical stuff that I don't even feel like naming cause I'm not sure everyone could follow.

I think we should all make nice and say one thing we like about it and one thing we hate about it. Me?

I like the uplifting feel of it.

I hate how the main auditory theme of the song was sampled. URRRGGG

EVERYONE KISS AND MAKE UP. OR STOP COLDPLAYING WITH US.

OK, good idea:

I like: that it's a good, happy song that will do well for the festival atmosphere and the guitar that sounds irish/scottish

I don't like: Chris' voice sounds weird, the fact that it's mainly built around a sample of a very popular dance song.

..But then I realized it was probably a good thing he is doing this. Why? Because it is obviously supposed to be an “arena” song. And we all know how much Mr. Energizer Bunny loves to hop around and cover every bit of the stage, which screws up his singing and makes it choppy.

:lol:

^^^^man, the process of music changing through the years IS ordinary and necessary. Going the easy way and not trying to do something richer and more complex isn't. It's not because they use new sounds that it makes them revolutionary, especially if the chords progessions are weak and other technical stuff that I don't even feel like naming cause I'm not sure everyone could follow.

This. The song isn't revolutionary at all to be honest, not even for coldplay. Since Viva they're getting bigger, but not better. Hope LP5 will prove me wrong.

This.

Well, and a "signature sound" of a band can't be changed? What if they wanted to change in particular this "signature sound"? Why that is so bad? I can't understand you, sorry. But I really enjoy if a band don't make the safe thing and varied this signature sound only in a way. For me the biggest adventure is that you can not say what the signature sound of a band is like but that they do it in a very good way. And this is how I feel today.

okay i have nothing to say about this new song anymore.

conclusion is that i hate the song because of it's simplistic sound without any depth in the lyrics and sounds.

i have the idea that all the people praise this song now will hate it in a week time or sooner.

Well, and a "signature sound" of a band can't be changed? What if they wanted to change in particular this "signature sound"? Why that is so bad? I can't understand you, sorry. But I really enjoy if a band don't make the safe thing and varied this signature sound only in a way. For me the biggest adventure is that you can not say what the signature sound of a band is like but that they do it in a very good way. And this is how I feel today.

One question, is there any Coldplay song that you don't like? You seem like accepting everything the band does as good.

It depends often on my mood but X&Y wasn't sooo god I thank. Don't get me wrong I still think it is a GOOD album but I hear it not often.

There are 2-3 songs of Parachutes and AROBTTH which I don't prefer but thats ok because a good band can make some "not so good" songs - thats normal.

Also there are some B-sides I don't like.

But in conclusion I have to say that I hear nearly every Coldplay song. That doesn't mean that I LOVE every song but I can enjoy listening to them, some more some less...

If you hate it, don't make the rest of us hate it. It's simply different.

Either way, you're still (Cold)playing the game. If you want to quit, that's great. But we're Coldplaying and not about to quit until we hear the album.

I think we should all make nice and say one thing we like about it and one thing we hate about it. Me?

I like the uplifting feel of it.

I hate how the main auditory theme of the song was sampled. URRRGGG

EVERYONE KISS AND MAKE UP. OR STOP COLDPLAYING WITH US.

This! :) :nod:

Now there's some logical, positive thinking! We can have our opinions, good or bad. No need to bicker.

I like how the song is upbeat and happy even though the title may give off a sad feeling. It's almost as though the feeling is one of relief.

I dislike how when I listen to the song, I can hear so much of previous efforts. I think of Strawberry Swing (Jonny's little guitar riffs) and LIT ii with the suspended chords throughout. It's as though they really haven't moved on from Viva yet; I feel like it's a half-hearted attempt at an electric sound, and then the acoustic guitar comes in to bring us back to the past 3 years.

I'm not disappointed, I enjoy the song. It's going to be liked by a wider variety of people I think. There's a hint of new direction, and maybe, just maybe this is a sign of something greater to come. :wink3: :D

Guest howyousawtheworld

I think I'd really like this song when I'm at a concert of theirs. And I think the worst thing I could have done was actually listening to Radio 1 when they played it for the first time. Don't really know why but I just found it uncomfortable listening to it like that. The lesson for me here is you should really listen to these new tracks in your own time. It's not a great song by Coldplay's standard though but it's not totally shit either.

okay i have nothing to say about this new song anymore.

conclusion is that i hate the song because of it's simplistic sound without any depth in the lyrics and sounds.

i have the idea that all the people praise this song now will hate it in a week time or sooner.

I can't understand your critics on the lyrics. I spoke with a good friend and Coldplayfan today about the lyrics and we are very happy about the lines. I think that there is of course a certain depth in it and I think that the lyrics are much better than some parts of VLV or X&Y. SOME!

It depends often on my mood but X&Y wasn't sooo god I thank. Don't get me wrong I still think it is a GOOD album but I hear it not often.

There are 2-3 songs of Parachutes and AROBTTH which I don't prefer but thats ok because a good band can make some "not so good" songs - thats normal.

Also there are some B-sides I don't like.

But in conclusion I have to say that I hear nearly every Coldplay song. That doesn't mean that I LOVE every song but I can enjoy listening to them, some more some less...

And that's why Coldplay will keep the majority of their fanbase regardless of this, or future, albums if they turn out to be not-so-good. Many fans can enjoy listening to more than one song; and the huge crowd of people that were drawn in by their one-hit-wonder of Viva La Vida may come back and buy ETiaW also because it suits their level of interest.

The lyrics are simple and shit...

I mean

SO YOU CAN HURT, HURT ME BAD

BUT STILL I'LL RAISE THE FLAG

IT WAS A WA WA WA WA WA-ATERFALL

A WA WA WA WA WA-ATERFALL

MAYBE I'M IN THE BLACK, MAYBE I'M ON MY KNEES

MAYBE I'M IN THE GAP BETWEEN THE TWO TRAPEZES

BUT MY HEART IS BEATING AND MY PULSES START

CATHEDRALS IN MY HEART

Anyone can write those lyrics

I don't see how synths are any less of an instrument. It still takes a great amount of talent to make something that sounds good and to play something good, whether it's a synthesizer or a piano.

Right. Like a studio rule say: Computers aren't recording helps, they are instruments.

So true.

I can't understand your critics on the lyrics. I spoke with a good friend and Coldplayfan today about the lyrics and we are very happy about the lines. I think that there is of course a certain depth in it and I think that the lyrics are much better than some parts of VLV or X&Y. SOME!

until this part

AND WE SAW OH THIS LIGHT I SWEAR YOU, EMERGE BLINKING INTO

TO TELL ME IT'S ALRIGHT

etc etc

I don't see the genius in the lyrics. I'm sorry.

I'm dont arguing with you about it, cause obviously I won't change your mind and you won't change mine, even though your arguments are weak.

And that's why Coldplay will keep the majority of their fanbase regardless of this, or future, albums if they turn out to be not-so-good. Many fans can enjoy listening to more than one song; and the huge crowd of people that were drawn in by their one-hit-wonder of Viva La Vida may come back and buy ETiaW also because it suits their level of interest.

Yeah.

But it is awful for me to hear how pop-y and manstream-y this song would be. I can't understand this reactions. Also because they critizice also the whole post-AROBTTH-era and this depressed me in a way.

I have to listen to ETIAW and then I'll smile again. ;)