✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

And I bet soon after, we'll be able to buy that movie!!! Hmm by the time this new album comes out, we'll have heard most of it through youtube clips :P. They should just release it next week.. :P

I'm hoping they release Glasto as a DVD! I remember something about cameras at some of the VLV Tour concerts but that never went anywhere, so maybe they will release something for this album.

Also if you look at the videos from tonight's gig, there are camera men filming up at the front of the stage. Maybe they were hired by the festival people, but I'm hoping they are Coldplay people filming a dvd. :) It would be cool to have a live DVD chronicling all the festivals this summer.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping they release Glasto as a DVD! I remember something about cameras at some of the VLV Tour concerts but that never went anywhere, so maybe they will release something for this album.

Also if you look at the videos from tonight's gig, there are camera men filming up at the front of the stage. Maybe they were hired by the festival people, but I'm hoping they are Coldplay people filming a dvd. :) It would be cool to have a live DVD chronicling all the festivals this summer.

I thought the same thing! But then I remembered there always are camera men around to project the show on the screens for the distant crowds. I am with you though, let's hopefully get a new official DVD this time! Also, think they could reveal all album details on their Glasto gig?

Jonny's rif sounded suspiciously Scottish bagpipe like. He was the star of that song. The only star of that song in my opinion.

Well, Will's also got a solo. If I'm not mistaken, it's the first time in an official song :thinking:

THAT.

Just THAT

Thank you so much for saying this! You have an amazing way with words! :awesome:

Forever in agreement with Chelsea.

Agreed. She deserves memeber of the month for just being the most rational person on the forum. I usually won't read long posts, but if it's her's I know it'll be worth the read :D

Thanks for this. I think a lot of people go with knee-jerk reactions or let their emotions get a hold of them before they think about things. It didn't help with the build-up before the release...

Chelsea is a fantastic person (this is Darcy, by the way, so you're not creeped out :nice:)

On first listen, I actually think it is pretty okay. A little poppy for my taste, but undeniably catchy and happy and all. The lyrics are fairly crap, which makes me a bit sad, but JONNY'S GUITAR. I know that Chris said that Jonny would be getting a little more spotlight with this album, but that was still pretty surprising and yay.

Aww, you all are lovely :kiss: :blush:

(HI DARCY, I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU IN FOREVER :heart: except you're banned, WTF?)

But yeah, I listened to the song a bit more while driving tonight...and I massively enjoyed myself. The fact that I feel like I need to defend my like for it a bit is a problem in itself, and something I'll probably deal with at a later date after we have a more firm idea about LP5, but...yeah. I'm liking it more and more (even though I liked it from the start), whereas a lot of people seem to be going in the opposite direction.

Does this mean I can stop being CPing's resident Negative Nancy? :cheesy:

well if you think they can't do better then who's the bad fan? :laugh3:

Of course they can do better, we've heard the result of that. They can create beautiful music, very different to this new song. I still hope this won't be part of the album and it was just created for the festivals and as a summer song, not more than that.

Come on!!

there's still hopes ... so wait to the album!!

PS: Sometimes is sad read or hear hard criticize about ETIAW, when they supposedly were working into it

Aww, you all are lovely :kiss: :blush:

(HI DARCY, I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU IN FOREVER :heart: except you're banned, WTF?)

But yeah, I listened to the song a bit more while driving tonight...and I massively enjoyed myself. The fact that I feel like I need to defend my like for it a bit is a problem in itself, and something I'll probably deal with at a later date after we have a more firm idea about LP5, but...yeah. I'm liking it more and more (even though I liked it from the start), whereas a lot of people seem to be going in the opposite direction.

Does this mean I can stop being CPing's resident Negative Nancy? :cheesy:

This happened to me with many other Coldplay songs in the past. I didn't fully appreciate Politik until I gave it a couple of chances and took the time to listen to it. Same thing happened with Lost!, Violet Hill, Yes...

I think maybe it is a bit too soon to give our full appreciation of the song...why not wait a bit? Let it breath? I understand many people are disappointed of the pop turn they seem to have taken. I include myself in there. But at least I think the song is not that bad, and it's happy, and I'm in love with Jonny's guitar, which makes up for the electric piano. And after hearing the live version, I like it even more.

Anyways, as someone said somewhere in here (sorry I forgot who it was), the first singles are never the best.

i was looking up ritmo de la noche on you tube and the one by the sacados is there.

But there are so many other videos that are called ritmo de ln by many different artists, but sound nothing like this song.any know why

One question:

Is it really really official, that EtiaW is an headlining LP5 song? Or even a LP5 song?

Because after hours of hearing it, I can say:

Okay, I like this song. Its says something special and you see the "freedom" that Chris Martin meant. But still I hope that LP5 won´t be such a mainstream album.

Also: I would guess it´s just a festival song because it rocks on stage and they played it as a last song on "rock im park". AND there are some things covered from other songs ( the beginning for example ):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QMKr_EoSWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QMKr_EoSWI[/ame]

So I can´t believe Coldplay presents a headlining first single of their highly anticipated album, that is just covered and such a pop song.

Another question:

Those new songs which will be played at rock am ring today, do you think they will all be album songs?!

Thanks guys and girls ;)

After a day of listening I'd give it a 7 or 8. And it could still grow on me more so idk. But it's not nearly as bad as so many people are saying I don't think. It's no 10 like Clocks, The Scientist, Talk or Violet Hill. To the same extent, however, I would definitely prefer it over their pre-Parachutes era stuff and over some of their songs, a la Sparks, ARoBttH, Twisted Logic, and Yes.

It's not the end of the world either way. This new album is going to be amazing, I can feel it. I'm very excited about all the new songs being played at the festivals! It makes me think we could get the album before October. And my favorite part- title and tracklist revealing- is still to come!! :D So that's awesome. There has to be at leasttt 5 or 6 other songs that will be better than this one. I can just feel it. The whole album isn't going to be like this all the way through I don't think! I remember listening to the Viva album the first few times I had no idea how I felt about it. Low and behold it's my second favorite behind ARoBttH. I'm sure it'll be a great release- the more experimental the music is, the longer it takes people to warm up to it- I feel anyway. :P

After a day of listening I'd give it a 7 or 8. And it could still grow on me more so idk. But it's not nearly as bad as so many people are saying I don't think. It's no 10 like Clocks, The Scientist, Talk or Violet Hill. To the same extent, however, I would definitely prefer it over their pre-Parachutes era stuff and over some of their songs, a la Sparks, ARoBttH, Twisted Logic, and Yes.

It's not the end of the world either way. This new album is going to be amazing, I can feel it. I'm very excited about all the new songs being played at the festivals! It makes me think we could get the album before October. And my favorite part- title and tracklist revealing- is still to come!! :D So that's awesome. There has to be at leasttt 5 or 6 other songs that will be better than this one. I can just feel it. The whole album isn't going to be like this all the way through I don't think! I remember listening to the Viva album the first few times I had no idea how I felt about it. Low and behold it's my second favorite behind ARoBttH. I'm sure it'll be a great release- the more experimental the music is, the longer it takes people to warm up to it- I feel anyway. :P

:D

Yay im excited for festivals and the new album,

I think a lot of people here should focus on looking forward to the new album. Lets move on, looking forward to the rest of the songs :P

It is always good to listen to a song several times on different days before you review it. You get something out of it different at different times you hear it. Their Teardrops song sounds better after you hear it several times like almost any song you listen to. Sometimes you like a song less when you listen to it more times.

i was looking up ritmo de la noche on you tube and the one by the sacados is there.

But there are so many other videos that are called ritmo de ln by many different artists, but sound nothing like this song.any know why..

Id love an answer