✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See? And this comes from "the_gloaming" which is a Radiohead reference. You're going to inherently be unhappy with Eno-produced Coldplay if you compare it to Radiohead!

I love Radiohead. But it is Radiohead.

What if I was like "OH MY GOD I HATE THE RECKONER. CLOCKS IS WAYYYY BETTER TIMES 8475094385794305"

Uhhh...k? That's cool. And totally makes sense...

:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry it's just that there are songs that are fun to talk bad about... and this is definitely one of them :D

Ok, now my mother just arrived home and I went to her and told her "listen mom! new Coldplay song!" and then she started laughing and told me "Come on, this is Ritmo de la Noche :laugh3:"

:shifty:

Let this be proof that Coldplay has lost it

Ritmo de La Noche is a song by The Sacados. They're from my country and they were really popular in Latin America back in the early 90's. The song was later sung by Mystic, and I think it's a popular clubbing song by now.

:lol: Well, it's quite an old song! in Argentina is more popular I guess cause Marcelo Tinelli ( the most popular TV host here) had a TV show with that name and that song was the opening song for the show.

I don't think I've posted in this thread today. It's a bit too much for me on both ends of the spectrum.

But I will say that even though I was one of the "Debbie Downers" that had my reservations about this, I took it simply on face-value at first listen...and I quite like it. I still like it a lot of listens later. It has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons I like Coldplay and the lyrics are utter poo, but if it's a song I heard somewhere from some artist I'd never heard of, I'd say "hey, this is super-poppy and fluffy, but I actually like this." It might fall under the category of "guilty-pleasure song," but I'd personally like it anyway. Ergo, there are my reasons for liking it. I'm over trying to liken this band Coldplay has become to the band they once were, personally. I like both for different reasons. I like the old Coldplay for more important reasons, I think, but when I get worried or in doubt, I really just try to take it back to sound alone, separated entirely from band name or genre or history. I'm trying not to consider how I feel about a Coldplay song being liked as a "guilty-pleasure song," but that tact's working for me.

I also said this in another thread: It's poppy and fluffy, sure, and while I'm not really a grand fan of their movement in that direction since [insert date here, it's debatable], and they don't make it easy to be a fan of theirs (especially when you like other ~legitimate~ music), but I've learned not to really expect anything else, and I think I've become more accepting of different styles of music BECAUSE of Coldplay and this board, which includes finding value in a lot of things I would have dismissed as too commercial and crowd-pleasing before.

Now, as for all the discussions and spats about all this, I just implore people to consider the following:

1. An opinion is not a fact, so don't act like it is, please

2. Everyone is entitled to their opinion

3. One song is indicative of nothing in a larger sense

4. If you're really distressed about how this is making you feel about the band or their trajectory or whatever, I just recommend trying to strip away everything but the pure sound and whether or not you have any mote of enjoyment listening to it, regardless of artist or dashed hopes. If you still hate it, completely valid. But I say it's worth a shot.

I don't think I've posted in this thread today. It's a bit too much for me on both ends of the spectrum.

But I will say that even though I was one of the "Debbie Downers" that had my reservations about this, I took it simply on face-value at first listen...and I quite like it. I still like it a lot of listens later. It has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons I like Coldplay and the lyrics are utter poo, but if it's a song I heard somewhere from some artist I'd never heard of, I'd say "hey, this is super-poppy and fluffy, but I actually like this." It might fall under the category of "guilty-pleasure song," but I'd personally like it anyway. Ergo, there are my reasons for liking it. I'm over trying to liken this band Coldplay has become to the band they once were, personally. I like both for different reasons. I like the old Coldplay for more important reasons, I think, but when I get worried or in doubt, I really just try to take it back to sound alone, separated entirely from band name or genre or history. I'm trying not to consider how I feel about a Coldplay song being liked as a "guilty-pleasure song," but that tact's working for me.

I also said this in another thread: It's poppy and fluffy, sure, and while I'm not really a grand fan of their movement in that direction since [insert date here, it's debatable], and they don't make it easy to be a fan of theirs (especially when you like other ~legitimate~ music), but I've learned not to really expect anything else, and I think I've become more accepting of different styles of music BECAUSE of Coldplay and this board, which includes finding value in a lot of things I would have dismissed as too commercial and crowd-pleasing before.

Now, as for all the discussions and spats about all this, I just implore people to consider the following:

4. If you're really distressed about how this is making you feel about the band or their trajectory or whatever, I just recommend trying to strip away everything but the pure sound and whether or not you have any mote of enjoyment listening to it, regardless of artist or dashed hopes. If you still hate it, completely valid. But I say it's worth a shot.

Agreed. I see both sides of the spectrum, and I'd most definitely classify it as a "guilty- pleasure song".

Guest howyousawtheworld

THAT.

Just THAT

Thank you so much for saying this! You have an amazing way with words! :awesome:

I asked the oracle how I can get my money back lol.

I have listened to this song all day trying to like it.

I cant do it.

The song is just not good. Not because it is out of their "style", but because it is just a bad bad song. The keyboards to the guitar sounds cheesy (Dont get me wrong, the guitar playing is fantastic). I have a feeling the guys are in their mid-life crisis and want to do something that makes them be "current" and mainstream. That probably isn't the exact case, but it sure does sound like it.

I am no longer a fan of Brian Eno. Eno did produce a great VLV record, but thats because I feel like the band had already written the music, and he just came in at the last second to record. But no since they started with him from beginning to end, he has just lead them down a crazy path. Eno always takes bands down this crazy path that always leads to destruction. Cough-U2-Cough. If this is what LP5 will be like, then I am no longer excited.

Sorry Coldplay, It doesnt do it for me. <3

Also, one more quick opinion on the nature of music re: a post I saw buried in here somewhere:

If I never let any music grow on me, including Coldplay songs, and took everything I heard based on my first opinion of it, I'd listen to about three artists, and maybe four albums total. Maybe that's just my particular method, but I don't liken "a grower" to something I've forced myself to like at all. There is ONE BAND in the world that I've liked on first listen/heard one song from for the first time ever and decided to investigate more instantaneously, and that's Phoenix. Every other band I've had to cycle around to at least twice to get into. Same thing with individual songs and albums from those bands. I don't think re-trying things I haven't been so hot on at first as being a bad thing at all. :shrug:

Now I won't even bother what people think about ETIAW since even I couldn't come up with a concrete judgment about the song for myself :lol: I still can't tell whether I like the song or not. :freak:

I was like that at first, because I was expecting it to sound much different. But now I like it.

And by the way to The Joker. We get it, you don't like the song, you can stop saying that now. Also, if you seriously asked the Oracle for your money back then you're just a jerk.

Forever in agreement with Chelsea.

Forever in agreement with Chelsea.

Agreed. She deserves memeber of the month for just being the most rational person on the forum. I usually won't read long posts, but if it's her's I know it'll be worth the read :D