✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should all make nice and say one thing we like about it and one thing we hate about it. Me?

I like the uplifting feel of it.

I hate how the main auditory theme of the song was sampled. URRRGGG.

This makes me realize that there isn't a single thing I like about it

I'm I the only one that thinks it's ludicrous that iTunes labeled the song as Alternative? Or am I just out of touch with what is considered Alternative these days?

it should be pop :blank: it's a pop song, just like Viva. Not a bad thing per se, but both are pop songs anyway

I'm I the only one that thinks it's ludicrous that iTunes labeled the song as Alternative? Or am I just out of touch with what is considered Alternative these days?

I don't think that's all that weird, but I did think that the fact they labeled Christmas Lights as Pop was strange:inquisitive:

But then again, I change all of Coldplay's Alternative tags to Soft Rock ;)

I gotta admit that ETiaW manages to make me happy every time I listen to it even if it's far from Coldplay's best

. . . especially when Guy's bass comes in at 1:40 :wacky:

I agree, it's hardly their best but it does make me smile when I hear it! :)

This makes me realize that there isn't a single thing I like about it

And that's cool. Be critical in a logical, cognitive sense. It will garner you and others more respect, no matter which side of the debate you're on.

I made that post mainly because I hate the vehement Radiohead comparisons.

It's clear that they came from similar backgrounds and everything, but evolution clearly diverged them a really long time ago.

They're different bands with different niches. Apples and Oranges.

What a shit song.

See? And this comes from "the_gloaming" which is a Radiohead reference. You're going to inherently be unhappy with Eno-produced Coldplay if you compare it to Radiohead!

I love Radiohead. But it is Radiohead.

What if I was like "OH MY GOD I HATE THE RECKONER. CLOCKS IS WAYYYY BETTER TIMES 8475094385794305"

Uhhh...k? That's cool. And totally makes sense...

No offense but he didn't say anything about Radiohead... :confused:

People keep comparing the two.

Like the dude earlier who kept saying "Give Up The Ghost is 10000000000000 times better".

That's what I'm referring to.

And the dude with the screen name the_gloaming: The Gloaming is a Radiohead reference. People are comparing the two and I don't see an inherent link. At all.

Well for starters Chris is so enamored with Thom that he would gladly have Thom's baby if he could.

Who wouldn't? Can you imagine conception?!

With that stanky Thom eye lookin' at you. Yum.

That was one guy but I can pretty much say that NO ONE thinks this sounds like Radiohead. I know people will but I love Radiohead and Coldplay but I think they sound nothing alike.

True.

In both of their early days: yes.

Now: absolutely not.

It's clear that they came from similar backgrounds and everything, but evolution clearly diverged them a really long time ago.

They're different bands with different niches. Apples and Oranges.

Thank you! Ugh. The forums are awesome but I do get tired of people saying that Radiohead are better than Coldplay. That's fine. We all have our opinions.

Coldplay may have started with the same roots as Radiohead, but they have clearly moved on to form their own sound (that's why we love 'em, right guys??)

I don't think it would be a good idea to compare classical music with Aerosmith because they are so different. With bands like Radiohead, Coldplay, U2, Muse, etc. you can't really compare them to anyone because they really aren't like anyone else!

The comparisons between ARoBttH/Parachutes and the various Radiohead albums are perfectly fine because Coldplay still hung on to those Radiohead inspirations, but post-X&Y something changed and I don't think those sorts of comparisons really work as well anymore.

Sorry, had to rant.

Now, off to paint a house! See you guys later.

P.S. - Didn't mean to offend anyone or get anyone all riled up, just my humble opinion on things. Have a good day, guys, and let's try to enjoy Coldplay while they're still around for us to enjoy.