✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

My guess is that from now, each video will let us hear a bit more of the song. At the moment we just have some chords in the background, but maybe next week they'll reveal an entire riff... and the whole single on Friday !

That's reasonable, judging on what we've seen so far... maybe they'll reveal some parts of the song until they release it on the first festival date next friday, that'd be cool :cool: :awesome:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the negativity to the lyrics? Thank god the lyrics aren't generic shite about love or losing stuff from your life. They seem like lyrics of freedom of mind and ambition which is fantastic. Sound like Lady Gaga or hip hop or Rihanna? Does it hell. All they can sing about is chasing men or girls whilst gyrating on stage to their god awful sounds.

Thank god someone said this.

Why the negativity to the lyrics? Thank god the lyrics aren't generic shite about love or losing stuff from your life. They seem like lyrics of freedom of mind and ambition which is fantastic. Sound like Lady Gaga or hip hop or Rihanna? Does it hell. All they can sing about is chasing men or girls whilst gyrating on stage to their god awful sounds.

I disagree about them not being generic. They aren't in the sense that you suggested, but there's really no depth to them, as far as I can tell. So you love music, you hate the beginning of the school week, and you're gonna dance until you can't anymore...seems rather generic to me. Maybe they'll be better in a broader context.

Either way, I'm still PUMPED for the new single! :lol:

Anyway, does anyone else think that Coldplay might start taking a leaf out of Win Butler (Arcade Fire)'s book and jam the word "kids" into every other sentence? :laugh3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0AvLspNkGs]I turn the music up / I got my records on / I shut the world outside until the lights come on[/ame]

Does this multicolored "Speedman" remind anyone else of another album cover? I can see the image in my head... but I can't think of the name of the band.. and it's seriously driving me crazy! Can anyone think of a similiar album artwork?

I mean, really. People are complaining about the lyrics being generic? Hasn't that always been a crack against Coldplay--that Chris's lyrics are so nonspecific as to speak to almost no one (while attempting to speak to everyone)?

VLV was a big improvement lyrically, and these seem to fit pretty snugly with songs from that era, particularly LiT ii and Rainy Day.

People. This is just like the may 21th rapture thing.

It's not because a lyric contains the words monday morning that something big is about to happen.

If it would've said 'monday morning, the 30th of may 2011, 9 PM', I would've been all over this as well. But for now, you guys seem just as crazy as those rapture freaks.

I'm a non believer for now

Listen genius, nobody thinks that the video said Monday to reference that on Monday something will happen. Clearly Monday Morning is just part of the lyrics. But we DO think that since the lyrics mention Monday Morning, maybe it would be fitting to release or announce something on Monday Morning.

At least that's how the smart people on this forum are looking at it...

all five of them that is...

Listen carefully you can hear a guitar or piano sound very vaguely at the background

Possibly the 'next' teaser might make it a bit louder and have a 1 second snippet of the song... Then after that, the single might be released?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvCKbTFcNlI&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Coldplaying.com - 'Postcards From Far Away' - Watch Coldplay reading the poscards‬‏[/ame]

In that postcards video Chris HAS A UFO TSHIRT! :o

^^ that's right :lol: UFO

:thinking: I still can't find a way to relate the grafitti theme that by now I can say it will be part of LP5 era with the UFO theme, which will also be present in this era (if we consider their webpage at least) or maybe those are the mentioned "lights" on the "until the lights come on"? line ....I'm so confused :disappointed:

Yeah it pretty much looks like the new theme is going to be a bit spacy/futuristic. There's some proof for that:

- The bright colours;

- The website showing a UFO

- The 'whale' sounds in that STUDIOFEED video

- That picture from 'the first photoshoot in a while' looks kind of spacy...

Sorry guys, they just made it too easy for us. But didn't Chris say that it was going to be about the german kids and graffiti (in some magazine interview)? How does that relate to UFOs?

Wow I bet the Coldplay bods are laughing their heads off at all of our idle speculation. Phil/Debs/Anchorman.....enough with the drip feed! Ha ha. We are all gagging for some new music. Christmas Lights is soooo last year! x

Sigh. We are being teased, yet, i love it. I seem to be one of the few who enjoy the lyrics. New styles are something every band goes through, and with bands like Coldplay, their light will still shine. Don't worry folks. Everything will be fine.

Anyone else noticed the words appear in a rhythmic sequence? We may not have the melody but we do have rhythm!

What I mean...

'I turn the music' (pause) 'up' (pause)

'I'm on a roll this' (pause) 'time' (pause)

You can actually do the rhythm in hand claps!

YouTube - ‪Coldplaying.com - 'Postcards From Far Away' - Watch Coldplay reading the poscards‬‏[/url]

...that's a Flaming Lips t-shirt for their DVD 'UFOs at the Zoo'. Chris has often said The Flaming Lips are one of his favourite bands.