✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ETIAW to be played at 12pm BST Fri 3rd June - LISTENING PARTY AKA DIRTY STOP-UP THREAD! (Stations vi

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like it!! though it probably won't be long until someone goes "they're trying to be U2" :P

I don't care, I think it's beautiful.

u2 has nothing to do with songs like this one, are you kidding me ?

HAPPY NEW ERA EVERYONE :D :awesome:

3 times for me already! So not what I expected. I found it great, but the beginning is so Rebecca Blackish :lol:

I think I'll have to get used to it but I'm already loving it. The guitar is the most awesome thing for me right now.

I never wanted to comment on the lyric analysis or anything until I actually heard this song. It's brilliant, and yes - the lyrics may be bad by themselves, but they fit this song don't they? it's very euphoric in my mind.

The album (whenever it comes out) is going to be very very different, but I am excited. 4 times played already but it grew on the first listen, this song will be big

Overproduced. Some of the lyrics are awful. Nice beat - which sounds like Lovers.

Kinda sounds like a mash up of too many styles - I think Eno should have left after the last album. But this is only one song so fingers crossed.

ok so... First, I was like "wtf? this is BAD!"

But i just realised, after playing it 4 more times - I love it :heart: :dazzled:

My thoughts exactly except I just listened to it twice. It´s ok now...we will see how I feel after the third listen!

1. Not what I expected, but not bad.

2. VERY different. Not entirely sure about what this new album is going to look like anymore! So interesting!

3. The reason I don't love it: Chris' voice in the beginning (sounds almost autotuned), it has a less unique and Coldplay style/sounds very similar to other pop songs, etc.

4. But, it's going to be GREAT live! I'm seriously so excited for that. It's perfect for festivals and live concerts.

5. It's definitely growing on me! And about half way through, it really picks up.

6. I THINK I'm happy. :]

Edit: VERY VERY HAPPY. SO much better after replaying it several times.

:D

HAPPY NEW ERA EVERYONE!

A lot of people do not like the lyrics, but to be honest they really hit home for me now that I listen to them in the context of the song with music and all. A very very uplifting song about celebrating no matter how bad things seem to be. That´s a theme that can never get too old