✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ETIAW to be played at 12pm BST Fri 3rd June - LISTENING PARTY AKA DIRTY STOP-UP THREAD! (Stations vi

This song started weird. I can say that, but the build up, and how they give each instrument an intro makes me like it even more!

comparing this to parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y and VLVADAAHF cannot be done, it's a stand alone right now, it's from their fifth album, not their first, second, third or fourth.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, so it's SO not what I was expecting. I was terrified until the guitars came in at :35... and at that point I thought "oh, it's gonna be okay". and it was. I LOVE IT. :cheesy:

it's different, it's crazy, but it's exactly what I wanted from a song right now. something loud and happy to blast and sing at the top of my lungs. I didn't even realize I wanted that, but now that it's here, I'm so happy! :D

I love it after it's built up, the guitar riff and the baseline are to die for... It sounds like they've learned a lot since Parachutes, and they know what they want to do with it. It's mature. And I'm so happy for them :) and happy that we get to benefit from it :P

A lot of people do not like the lyrics, but to be honest they really hit home for me now that I listen to them in the context of the song with music and all. A very very uplifting song about celebrating no matter how bad things seem to be. That´s a theme that can never get too old

This! Exactly! I love the lyrics! They make perfect sense in the context of the song. :kiss:

okay, so it's SO not what I was expecting. I was terrified until the guitars came in at :35... and at that point I thought "oh, it's gonna be okay". and it was. I LOVE IT. :cheesy:

it's different, it's crazy, but it's exactly what I wanted from a song right now. something loud and happy to blast and sing at the top of my lungs. I didn't even realize I wanted that, but now that it's here, I'm so happy! :D

I love it after it's built up, the guitar riff and the baseline are to die for... It sounds like they've learned a lot since Parachutes, and they know what they want to do with it. It's mature. And I'm so happy for them :) and happy that we get to benefit from it :P

Well said. This is pretty much exactly how I felt first listen. :D Jonny's guitar saved it. I can't wait to blast this in the car later today!

Ergh. Comparisons to other songs...yet again.

HAVE NO FEAR! They got permission, the composers on the song are listed as "Peter Allen, Brian Eno, Chris Martin, Guy Berryman, Will Champion, Jonny Buckland & Adrienne Anderson"

I go to Rio- Peter Allen = the song sampled :D

however, they should make this clear so people stop raising the plagiarism call...

:thinking:

This song started weird. I can say that, but the build up, and how they give each instrument an intro makes me like it even more!

comparing this to parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y and VLVADAAHF cannot be done, it's a stand alone right now, it's from their fifth album, not their first, second, third or fourth.

ROTFL we can't compare this song from other songs from the previous album because this is their fifth album ? are you drink,high or both the things ? :laugh3:

HAVE NO FEAR! They got permission, the composers on the song are listed as "Peter Allen, Brian Eno, Chris Martin, Guy Berryman, Will Champion, Jonny Buckland & Adrienne Anderson"

I go to Rio- Peter Allen = the song sampled :D

however, they should make this clear so people stop raising the plagiarism call...

THANK GOD!

They did not need another Viva

I've heard it again now, It's too viva style I confirm that from the first post... :( so sad for this.. but the song it's really too vlv... bah, commercial 100% intimate 0%..but it's obvious nowadays...

I'll listen to it again anyway..

:thinking:

ROTFL we can't compare this song from other songs from the previous album because this is their fifth album ? are you drink,high or both the things ? :laugh3:

HA! I WAS not too long ago,

but with bands nowadays, everyone complains and expects their sound to be what their first album was and what not - it's annoying just because bands evolve, they won't and don't want to sound the same!

but anyway, I like the song, uplifting and should be amazing live! yes?

When the song first started, i thought that it sounded like that Taio Cruz song and it was going to be absolutely horrible. By the end of the song, I actually liked it. The lyrics aren't nearly as bad in the song as i thought they were while i was reading them. Have you heard that guitar part???? GO JONNYBOY

On repeat now. This will be so good live!

i read a while ago that 5th album will be more intimate, but this song does not really point in that direction -- anyone know if ETIAW is a good indication of how 5th LP will sound like???

:(

also i think this song is more fitting for some very mainstream female acts like katy perry, not so much chris martin and his beautiful voice

bah