✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China

The Champion

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to this song so much!! Really eager to hear the studio version, I think it will either be one of their best songs or simply one that is different to the rest but still very good :)

Playing PoC at Glasto? *drools* looking forward to next week even more now, words cannot describe arghhh!!!

I am looking forward to this song so much!! Really eager to hear the studio version, I think it will either be one of their best songs or simply one that is different to the rest but still very good :)

Playing PoC at Glasto? *drools* looking forward to next week even more now, words cannot describe arghhh!!!

Me too! The summer is going to be awesome from this week onwards! :cool:

Next week we get the video for Waterfall and the tracklisting for this little EP/single release; then Glasto on the 25th and Major Minus (and other mysterious songs) on the 27th!

After that . . . who knows what Coldplay will decide to give us :sneaky:

they definitely sound a little similar...perhaps this is a re-worked version?
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The vocal melody really stood out to me the first time I watched the video, and because I love Bucket For A Crown and hoped it would make the last album I immediately noticed the similarity! This is a lot more synthy but I'm really looking forward to hearing a studio version of this one.

Here's how I think it will play out:

Princess Of China will be LP5's 'Viva La Vida'

Charlie Brown will be LP5's 'Yellow'

Hurts Like Heaven will be LP5's 'Speed Of Sound'

Major Minus will be LP5's 'In My Place' (if it makes it on the album)

It will be awesome :cool:

:D

Here's how I think it will play out:

Princess Of China will be LP5's 'Viva La Vida'

Charlie Brown will be LP5's 'Yellow'

Hurts Like Heaven will be LP5's 'Speed Of Sound'

Major Minus will be LP5's 'In My Place' (if it makes it on the album)

It will be awesome :cool:

Good post, but how do you reckon Major Minus is In My Place? :confused:

And, Us Against the World = See You Soon + Till Kingdom Come smashed into one. :D

UAtW does remind me of See You Soon! :P

And so it does to thousands of people and I can't get it.

It's so similiar to Til Kingdom Come. Even chords are the same.

And about Princess of China.

I don't know.

In that video I posted as an OP, well. Listen to the first 3 seconds.

I can still hear him saying "Vagina" and I can't help it.

See You Soon only because we haven't seen Chris play a near-solo acoustic song in a while. So it's kind of superficial but I think most people associate good memories with SYS, and moreso with UATW. :)

Am I the only one on here that sees Princess Of China being extremely similar to Lost?

Nah I get the same vibe - Jonny playing synth, a heavy drumbeat. The beat actually reminds me of Violet Hill a lot, but yeah now that I think about it I'd argue POC is LP5's Lost. Which is a good thing. :D

I was actually going to say that UATW was Coldplay plagiarizing off of themselves in Till Kingdom Come, but I figured the plagiarism joke was kinda over used anyway.

Moving To Mars is like a Viva era version of 'The Scientist' in my opinion. Like a hybrid of 'The Scientist' and 'Death and All His Friends'... hmmm.

I was actually going to say that UATW was Coldplay plagiarizing off of themselves in Till Kingdom Come, but I figured the plagiarism joke was kinda over used anyway.

Moving To Mars is like a Viva era version of 'The Scientist' in my opinion. Like a hybrid of 'The Scientist' and 'Death and All His Friends'... hmmm.

Moving to Mars is nothing like the Scientist...:inquisitive:

Moving to Mars is nothing like the Scientist...:inquisitive:

It has piano and a buildup at the end :laugh3:

Yeah, I mean it's really its own song and isn't like any other song. I just thought if you combined DAAHF and The Scientist you'd end up with a similar song hehe.

Don't lose faith, my friends! I'd imagine that this song'll get more exposure in the states, I couldn't see them playing anything other than what they know well and what they've been playing recently at Glasto, but I could definitely see them pull this number out at Lollapalooza.