✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China

The Champion

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the two over-produced songs I've heard from the LP5 era (ETIAW and PoC), PoC definitely is WAYYYY better-- It's WAYYY more catchy, and WAYY more creative.

I seriously hope the studio versions of the new songs we've heard aren't completely screwed up, like what they did with Major Minus. Major Minus's studio version is cool, but when the live version blows it completely out of the water, something's wrong. VERY wrong.

To be honest, i really love all the new songs but i would be massivel disappointed if this brilliant song wont make it on the album !!!

Yeah I really feel the same and I also think that this is the best new song so far which shouldn't mean that I doubt the awesomeness of HLH and CB. I love both songs too but PoC is a way better. The song overwhelmes me completely.

• 2 weeks later...

F*ck I discovered the good quality version of the song yesterday and totally fell in love with it. Awesome song, awesome awesome awesome. I still prefer ETIAW -and probably Charlie Brown- but it definitely is THE song I want to hear the most in a studio version.

I don't know why, but I strangely enjoy the "drop" that is near the 2:20ish mark.... it's so not Coldplay, but it's just really really awesome because I wasn't expecting it at all!

This 2:20ish mark has been mentioned many times. I don't think it is what Coldplay has showed in their previous composition/performance either. As a Chinese, yes, it is very natural to me and it might not be personal taste/feeling; I mean, the melody itself has a strong imprint for a kind of life the historical martial art heros has lived - Robinhood like spirit following the bigger law of Justice. Martial Art itself might not be as what you see with eyes [and it is pathetic to see it from voilent attacting aspect although you can], if you feel it with your soul, the essence is how to protect a home-like harmonious peace when all the negatives [either in physical or emotional etc.] offend or invade, creating conflicts/destruction/chaos. I do wonder where the inspiration comes from?...

But others may match that with their own culture/folk oriented melodies.

Last point. The reason why it might sound as traditional Chinese melody, is because, there are only 5 notes in that part [in simple numberic form, 1-2-3-5-6 [full scale note; pre-Tang names of the five notes of the pentatonic scale, corresponding roughly to do, re, mi, sol, la] other than the worldwide modern one 1-2-3-4-5-6-7]. If a song is composed only by these 5, no matter how it is sequenced or rhythmed, it brings out a certain kind of energies. Maybe it is true as other "note sets". It is easy to test out. I have another similar feeling song [well known in China] in mind when I firstly heard this part as well. If you are interested in checking out [but the beginning part starts quite late, almost from the middle]:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iknGg9l4a7s]????? ?? ?? ??? - YouTube[/ame] [Title: 沧海一声笑;Laughter of Sea for literal translation]