✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Moving To Mars: LISTENING PARTY! Countdown to Friday 24th June, 11.45am (BST)

busybeeburns

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When this aired on the radio this morning, it took me a minute to realize it was Chris singing because it was such a low register :laugh4:

Same for me! I was writing and I didn't realise the song that had started was the one I was waiting for!

And honestly, I've been missing this low key so much...the latest example was 'Yes' maybe...and wow, that warm voice is awesome.

people who are criticizing any new music the band puts out REALLY need to lay off brian eno. the idea that he is the soul reason the band has changed is preposterous. they enlisted him and other new producers to help put these albums out. he is not the reason they changed. THEY ARE. and the reactions of many probably proved persuasive.

The weirdest is that... I feel like I've known this song my whole life. Like I've been listening to it forever. Like I've written it myself. Like a part of me. It's... Amazing. Potencially because of that, I think this is my favorite song. It's unexplicable.

I would like to read the opinion of the people that 2 weeks ago were bashing Coldplay because of ETIAW. They said they are now a mainstream pop band with silly lyrics and with no original music. Because of one song they lost their faith in one of the best bands of the world, but those who have faith, including myself, supported them even though ETIAW wasn't that good, but we knew that they were not going to dissappoint us, and they didn't :) because Moving To Mars is actually better than most of the songs of Viva La Vida era, in my opinion. This is why I keep trusting in Coldplay.

I would like to read the opinion of the people that 2 weeks ago were bashing Coldplay because of ETIAW. They said they are now a mainstream pop band with silly lyrics and with no original music. Because of one song they lost their faith in one of the best bands of the world, but those who have faith, including myself, supported them even though ETIAW wasn't that good, but we knew that they were not going to dissappoint us, and they didn't :) because Moving To Mars is actually better than most of the songs of Viva La Vida era, in my opinion. This is why I keep trusting in Coldplay.
:thumbsup:

SUCH a beautifully sad and wonderfully haunting song. Absolutely love Chris' aching low voice floating over the piano and the lingering sad undertone of both. The melody had a very Elton John meets Ozzy Osbourne's "Dreamer" vibe...in all the right ways :)

The best bit was the element of surprise...I don't know what song I was expecting but I don't think it was this at all. I imagine this song being on film soundtracks...maybe a Woody Allen one ;P And yes, a lovely change indeed to hear more piano again :)...unlike the other great but more 'guitary' new songs we've heard so far.

ETIAW is an awful song.

Moving To Mars is in my opinion their best song since the A Rush Of Blood To The Head era.

I have a feeling not one song from their fifth album will be indicative of this era and that their fifth album will have something for everyone.

Pardon me - even though I find Moving to Mars to be one of the best songs of theirs, I still believe that ETIAW is one of their worst, and a piece of shit. But that's just how it goes, not everyone can like everything - it's just that, come on - let's face it - which song was put more effort into?

Pardon me - even though I find Moving to Mars to be one of the best songs of theirs, I still believe that ETIAW is one of their worst, and a piece of shit. But that's just how it goes, not everyone can like everything - it's just that, come on - let's face it - which song was put more effort into?

I understand your position, but my point was that even though they released a bad song that doesn't mean that the band had lost their identity, they just keep making really good music :)

And yeah, I bet they put more effort producing ETIAW than Major Minus and Moving To Mars.

I understand your position, but my point was that even though they released a bad song that doesn't mean that the band had lost their identity, they just keep making really good music :)

And yeah, I bet they put more effort producing ETIAW than Major Minus and Moving To Mars.

yeah I get your point - just wanted to say that it is normal to have mixed feelings about a band's music - i mean you can't like em all! Michael Jackson is my favorite musician ever but still there are some songs of his I dislike.So basically,our point is the same - don't dismiss your fav arists if some songs of theirs are shit :D

yeah I get your point - just wanted to say that it is normal to have mixed feelings about a band's music - i mean you can't like em all! Michael Jackson is my favorite musician ever but still there are some songs of his I dislike.So basically,our point is the same - don't dismiss your fav arists if some songs of theirs are shit :D

Yeah you're right, it seems we wanted to say the same thing after all :P

Does anyone believe that the boys will play Moving To Mars tomorrow? Or should I say today? It's still tomorrow for me :lol: