✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ETIAWF, MM and MTM wont be on the actual Album?

foxeh

Why does everyone have to make every song into an acronym...

I understand VLVODAAHF but seriously, MTM? MM? Why don't we all start using C (Clocks), T (Trouble) etc

People only use the acronyms in context...it makes it easier to type. Obviously the difference between MM and Major Minus isn't more than two seconds for most people, but who cares...it's just easier.

And people only do it for songs with at least two words...

Please realize it's only to do with context. You don't see anyone referring to What If as WI or White Shadows as WS.

Because no one would understand without thinking...but in a thread about Major Minus or...MM, who cares.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely think at least every tear drop and major minus will be on the album - All these people wanting more are just greedy. Coldplay work really hard to put out quality songs -

The uproar about Every Teardrop being not a good song or quality is funny to read on these forums but personally I think it's a brilliant song that takes a simple chord progression/sample and elevates it to an all out euphoric and triumphant song. It's definitely on the album, and probably one of the anchors for the album (I'm paraphrasing Will's words when they were recording X & Y - He mentioned What If, Fix You, and Swallowed in the Sea as songs that were immediate to him and the band and served as focal points for the album).

So there is no question it is on the album - Major Minus, i initially didn't know about but after listening to it a couple of times, it is an amazing song, Jonny absolutely rules out - what amazing guitar lines and kick ass solo - without a doubt it will be on the album not even to mention that it is on their clothes/uniforms. Though, Twisted Logic was the name of their X&Y tour but was on the album, so... but I think Major Minus will be on the album.

As for Moving to mars - I think this will be the b-side or extra whatever. Didn't fit in with album or theme though space, aliens, psychedelia seems to be themes of the new era so moving to mars sounds like bowie's life on mars title.

Anyway, ETIAW will be on the album despite the detractors - if Will approved it for single status then it's definitely an important song per his tough standards.

I think that they will be on the album. Why? EMI wants to earn money and sell us the same product few times. This situation reminds me of Foster the People EP [ok, maybe they aren't as popular (big, great etc.) as Coldplay], but in February they released EP with three songs, which are on their debut album. Maybe on Sunday we will know 2/3 of the album?

So the album will have 10-11 songs...

We already know:

1- MX

2- Hurts Like Heaven

3- Major Minus

4- Charlie Brown

5- ETIAW

6- Us against the world

7- Moving to Mars

If every one of these songs appear on LP5, we'll practically already know the album by Sunday. Somehow I doubt that...

You know what REALLY bothers me so far in this new era? Chris' vocals are NOT very clear! And I'm willing to bet Moving to Mars will be the same thing.....it was ok when they did the experimentation in Rainy Day, but otherwise it just seems the vocals are really low in both mixes, ETIAW and MM. Just my opinion.

You know what REALLY bothers me so far in this new era? Chris' vocals are NOT very clear! And I'm willing to bet Moving to Mars will be the same thing.....it was ok when they did the experimentation in Rainy Day, but otherwise it just seems the vocals are really low in both mixes, ETIAW and MM. Just my opinion.

I think it is beautiful if it fits into the context.

The fact that it's being called an 'EP' has me thinking that they're songs that haven't made the album but are being released anyway. It's like Viva Lad Vida/Prospekt's March but in reverse. They're releasing the EP first and then the LP this time round. Bear in mind that Prospekt's March did have a single (LiTii) like the ETIAW EP has a single (ETIAW).

The fact that it's being called an 'EP' has me thinking that they're songs that haven't made the album but are being released anyway. It's like Viva Lad Vida/Prospekt's March but in reverse. They're releasing the EP first and then the LP this time round. Bear in mind that Prospekt's March did have a single (LiTii) like the ETIAW EP has a single (ETIAW).

I agree, if this is an EP, maybe a couple of this songs will end up in the LP, but perhaps in a different version, same as it happened with Prospekt's March, which contained Lovers in Japan and Lost + (though in that case the album came out before the EP). If this is the case, I hope the album will contain a live version of Major Minus. And an acoustic version of Moving to Mars.

The way that chris' vocals are blended into the mix production wise to me is very reminiscent to radiohead's work in "Kid A" and "Amnesiac". Now I know it's stereotypical to compare the two but to me this is an obvious comparison, and I think Coldplay will definitely benefit from it. It shows they're willing to experiment while sticking to their roots of pop anthems and ballads, and their latest 2 efforts have thoroughly impressed me in quality of everything from vocals-songwriting-instrumentation-experimentation-production and I expect big things from the album, particularly from a critical standpoint.

Echoing tesseract's post my hopes for LP5 goes a little something like this..

1. MX

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. ???

4. Major Minus

5. ???

6. ???

7. Us Against The World

8. Princess of China

9. ???

10. Charlie Brown

11. ???

and I don't think ETIAW or Moving To Mars will appear on the final tracklist (but if ETIAW my bet's that it'll be the last song)

1. MX/Hurts Like Heaven - Don't think they'll make MX it's own track because that 2. ? would mean two instrumental intros in a row 3. Major Minus especially since MX is only 20 seconds. But wouldn't it be

4. Moving To Mars cool if they stuck the Back To The Future theme in there?

5. Princess Of China

6. Us Against The World

7. ?

8.?

9. ?

10. Charlie Brown

11. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

If MM, MTM, and ETIAW aren't on the album then they'll still be great songs no matter what+we get 3 brand new songs. Just my take on things. :)

@Coldplayer1317 - if you're right this is EXCELLENT NEWS! I have my doubts though - I'm quite sure at least Charlie Brown will be on it - Anchorman has said multiple times it will be a favourite for fans one day, along with Chris who said that about multiple songs at Glastonbury.

So, my opinion is Charlie Brown will be on there, along with Princess of China. Two out of 10/11 ain't so bad, if we haven't had a decent mp3/m4a to buy before the album release.