✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

new DAS post

written translation

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/11/10/jonny-greenwood-radiohead-almost-finished-with-new-album/

I think this italian writer (referred to here) has, either thorough over-enthusiasm, or frustration at all my non-committal answers, mistranslated me a little....in fact we haven't quite finished the album - in the studio at the moment - nor have we yet considered any touring. The plan is to have no plan until the record is finished....hope that's a little clearer!

Jonny

:\ :(

Let down and hanging around...

This is extremely frustrating being a fan. No news about what they've been up to throughout this entire process. And now that we got Jonny to tell us something substantial from that other, now he shoots it down.

They're still in the studio too... f$#@ing hell! I'm hoping that they are mixing at this point and that's why they are in the studio.

another DAS update... might interest some people in the Brighton area

The Eraser King Cnut in Brighton for Earth350

Nov 27th @ 11am..

(that's a Saturday morning at a civilised hour errr right..????)

Location Brighton.

WANTED 2000 people who want to be part of human King Cnut type image facing the sea that is visible from space as part of the Earth350

People who want to be part of it need to register here: http://earth.350.org/locations/england/

:)

p.s. also here's an office chart of beats, pulses and tones!

1. Agitation by Finn Peters

2. Move Down Low (feat. Rubi Dan) by Grevious Angel

3. Kraft Und Light by Len Faki

4. The Wind-Up by 2562

5. Angel Brain by Lone

6. Romantic Sores by Kevin Drumm

Thom

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/

ive always wondered how the fuck did Kid A hit no.1 in the States when it was released. it just never made sense to me. i know their previous release was one of the greatest albums of all time but still, no.1 in america is totally different.

then i learned tonight while browsing through wiki that Kid A had actually leaked on to napster 3 months before its official release and it had developed such a huge reputation that when it was finally released everyone was crazy about it and went out and bought it. i guess that also kinda justifies the way they handled in rainbows.

it really does piss me off how the music industry still fails to see the incredible benefits of P2P music sharing. im not saying they should openly embrace it but they need to stop incriminating to the extent they have been.

ive always wondered how the fuck did Kid A hit no.1 in the States when it was released. it just never made sense to me. i know their previous release was one of the greatest albums of all time but still, no.1 in america is totally different.

then i learned tonight while browsing through wiki that Kid A had actually leaked on to napster 3 months before its official release and it had developed such a huge reputation that when it was finally released everyone was crazy about it and went out and bought it. i guess that also kinda justifies the way they handled in rainbows.

it really does piss me off how the music industry still fails to see the incredible benefits of P2P music sharing. im not saying they should openly embrace it but they need to stop incriminating to the extent they have been.

Adam Buxton on working with Radiohead

I know you're friendly with Radiohead but were you a bit nervous about directing their video [for the song Jigsaw Falling into Place]? Can you tell us a bit about their working methods?

Radiohead have a reputation for being quite an intense and serious bunch but people don't realise exactly how intense they are. On the occasions that Garth [Jennings] and I have worked with them in their studio outside Oxford, the intensity was so intense that bulbs would often blow spontaneously and toast would get burned after only a few seconds in the toaster.

Here's what you tend to see in the studio: Jonny and Colin Greenwood write heartbreaking poetry and talk about third-world debt all the time. Ed O'Brien is so obsessed by Nietzsche that he now only speaks German and wears what looks like a small Tim Burgess wig on his upper lip as a tribute to his unhappy philosopher hero.

Phil Selway is in the process of tattooing the whole of the Koran all over his body as a statement about Islamophobia (in public he covers the tattoos with make-up so as not to offend Muslims). It's a project that has already taken years and will take many more to complete and he is in constant pain, which is evident in his face when he's drumming.

Thom just sits in a corner crying and ranting about climate change. He is undoubtedly the most intense in the band but he's not averse to the occasional bit of clowning. Once, when he knew we were watching, he pretended to put a plastic water bottle in the non-recycling bin! We laughed and laughed then he started crying again so we stopped laughing and things went back to being very tense.

http://www.comedy.co.uk/live/circuit_training/adam_buxton_interview/

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cracked.com/article_18896_10-mind-blowing-easter-eggs-hidden-in-famous-albums.html

#9 is pretty cool (albeit already known by many) and #8 is making me shit bricks so hard.

This blogger points out that the song "Nude" (10 album), starts with the reverb from "Subterranean Homesick Alien" (01 album) still lingering, and the beats at the end of "Airbag" (01) set the tempo for "15 Step" (10). There's nothing unusual about that ... except when you consider that those songs were written and recorded 10 years apart. The pants-shitting synchronicity also applies to the lyrics. Puddlegum gives some examples and says: "There appears to be a concept flowing through the 01 and 10 playlist. Ideas in one song [are] picked up by the next." In fact, one of the songs from In Rainbows was originally written for OK Computer and not used for 10 years, and the title of another seems to sum up the whole thing: "Jigsaw Falling Into Place."

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_18896_10-mind-blowing-easter-eggs-hidden-in-famous-albums.html#ixzz182MzQ4kQ