✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I THINK LP5 WILL BE CALLED 'MYLO XYLOTO'...

spike

Well no, but I have a feeling that Chris was joking when he said it was 'hard to spell'

I don't know. It got everyone off on the mneumonics or xylobytes (or whatever the hell it was) tangent. Now we have tangible evidence leading to the meaning of MX. Think about it: 2 words? Check. Starts with an M? Check. 2nd word is hard to spell? Check.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its harder than minus and mouse...

it wont be "Major Minus" and this Mouse stuff was just an example Joke of "ColdplayingfromKansas".

Chris never said the 2nd Word is the Hard spelled one :\

it wont be "Major Minus" and this Mouse stuff was just an example Joke of "ColdplayingfromKansas".

Chris never said the 2nd Word is the Hard spelled one :\

he said the whole thing is hard to spell on ryan seacrest 3.5 weeks ago :)

Just because this Xylo guy hasn't been in contact with Coldplay doesn't mean they haven't been inspired by him or his graffiti/art.

I'm of the belief that there has been no contact with the band, but even if he has been collaborating in some way, I can't see why he wouldn't just ignore the emails rather than reply and seemingly have to lie about it.

Also, I quite like "Mylo Xyloto," and would not be disappointed if it turned out to be the album title.

Could we have a screenshot of the Up With The Birds one?

I didn't realise Chris gets double the copyright shares than Guy, Jonny, Will

I put screen shots of Mylo Xyloto and Up With The Birds earlier in this thread, I deleted them (because I'm not sure wither that goes against the terms and conditions of the PRS website so I don't want to lose my membership over this). Some people quoted my post so you might still find the screen shot (I think round pages 4-6 of this thread).

And yeah the royalties thing surprised me too. I've checked loads of Coldplay songs, the sketch with that is :

(Keep in mind the publishing company usually gets 50% of all songwriting royalties (this is the case with pretty much every major publishing contract in Britian)

Parachutes and AROBTTH era royalty split :

Chris - 12.50%

Johnny - 12.50%

Guy - 12.50%

Will - 12.50%

X&Y + VLVODAAHF era royalty split :

Chris - 20.00%

Johnny - 10.00%

Guy - 10.00%

Will - 10.00%

I guess it's only fair if Chris is doing the majority of the writing to get a bit more.

With this album it's getting a bit more complicated, especially now that Brian Eno is envolved in the writing (he also has a seperate publishing company from Coldplay so a small percentage goes to that.

Just because this Xylo guy hasn't been in contact with Coldplay doesn't mean they haven't been inspired by him or his graffiti/art.

I'm of the belief that there has been no contact with the band, but even if he has been collaborating in some way, I can't see why he wouldn't just ignore the emails rather than reply and seemingly have to lie about it.

Also, I quite like "Mylo Xyloto," and would not be disappointed if it turned out to be the album title.

My same thought. This artist of course cannot know about the band's ideas if they haven't contacted him, and then why should they? Avoiding it would even be useful to keep the secret, wouldn't it?

I put screen shots of Mylo Xyloto and Up With The Birds earlier in this thread, I deleted them (because I'm not sure wither that goes against the terms and conditions of the PRS website so I don't want to lose my membership over this). Some people quoted my post so you might still find the screen shot (I think round pages 4-6 of this thread).

And yeah the royalties thing surprised me too. I've checked loads of Coldplay songs, the sketch with that is :

(Keep in mind the publishing company usually gets 50% of all songwriting royalties (this is the case with pretty much every major publishing contract in Britian)

Parachutes and AROBTTH era royalty split :

Chris - 12.50%

Johnny - 12.50%

Guy - 12.50%

Will - 12.50%

X&Y + VLVODAAHF era royalty split :

Chris - 20.00%

Johnny - 10.00%

Guy - 10.00%

Will - 10.00%

I guess it's only fair if Chris is doing the majority of the writing to get a bit more.

With this album it's getting a bit more complicated, especially now that Brian Eno is envolved in the writing (he also has a seperate publishing company from Coldplay so a small percentage goes to that.

Weird weird...

They even said in interviews of VLV era about splitting money.

Maybe in the real thing they do

I agree. I just won't say "He is lying" because he were very nice.

Don't forget, the reason the other guys will get less than 20% is because Brian Eno is also involved in the writing of that particular song. Chris, as we well know is the main songwriter, and that program isn't stealing credit, it's simply stating the overall contribution to the writing process of the song.

It's not the songwriting contribution, it's the royalty share, which is why Universal Music Publishing get 50%.

Whoa. This thread exploded overnight :stunned:

All of these clues and everything is pretty interesting (and it may even be right) but do we know that it's actually the guys that are registered on that site? Could someone have registered under their names, trying to pass off as Coldplay? Or, could the guys themselves just be leading us on a false trail, knowing (in our amazing detective skillz) that we would find that site?

Spike, are you able to see if Chris, Jon, Guy, and Will have registered any other songs, maybe from the Viva era so we can tell if this is fake or not?

Like I said, all very interesting stuff, but as of now I'm still skeptical. :) Good detective work, everyone!

Yeah sure, there's quite a few songs registered that haven't been released (some of them where registered as far back as 2001). Others are songs Chris has co-written with other people.

It's not the songwriting contribution, it's the royalty share, which is why Universal Music Publishing get 50%.

Regardless. If Chris writes a song, by himself, and they only use piano, lead guitar and a slow drum line...why should Guy be entitled to an equal share of the profits for writing the song?

the screenshot you posted doesn't list any percentage for Universal Music Publishing :thinking:

*doesn't quite understand all of the technical stuff* :P

When new songs are registered with PRS it can take a few weeks for ammendments to be made (i.e Universal to register themselves with the song). PRS gets back-dated so Universal still get their money wither they register today or when the album comes out), I imagine the ammendments will be made soon though.

Regardless. If Chris writes a song, by himself, and they only use piano, lead guitar and a slow drum line...why should Guy be entitled to an equal share of the profits for writing the song?

That might just be the agreed split amoungst all material. It's not uncommon. In my band the PRS is split equally (even though I write all the songs) even if the song is played on acoustic guitar and no other members are involved they'll still get the same royalty as me, just because we've all came to that agreement. Each band is different though, you should see Radioheads royalty split lol.

When new songs are registered with PRS it can take a few weeks for ammendments to be made (i.e Universal to register themselves with the song). PRS gets back-dated so Universal still get their money wither they register today or when the album comes out), I imagine the ammendments will be made soon though.

ahhh, ok. :wacko: