✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* Rumours, rumours, rumours... God how I hate these things. There's a rumour floating around on twitter that LP6 could be called 'Canoe'.

So, my question is this. If LP6 was in fact called Canoe, what do you make of it as a title?

I don't hate it, but I don't particularly like it.

*sigh* Rumours, rumours, rumours... God how I hate these things. There's a rumour floating around on twitter that LP6 could be called 'Canoe'.

So, my question is this. If LP6 was in fact called Canoe, what do you make of it as a title?

I believe that the French writer of the article on LP6 was named Canoe. I doubt they would call it that. It's definitely a thought though. I'm not sure what the songs would be like.

:| hmmm....that strikes me as an interesting album name.

Then I'd expect a song about rowing to be included on the album. :nod:

if it is called canoe then maybe they'll write a song about sailing or canoeing through life. :nod:

Hmm...

Parachutes

A Rush of Blood to the Head

X&Y

Vida La Vida or the Death of all his Friends

Mylo Xyloto

Canoe

Nah, it's too plane. They have to be better than that.

I believe that the French writer of the article on LP6 was named Canoe. I doubt they would call it that. It's definitely a thought though. I'm not sure what the songs would be like.

That or the website/magazine is called Canoe. I saw it a couple of days ago.

edit:

December 4, 2013 - submitted by Marirs, Maldives

Q. Am I allowed to name my album Canoe?

The Oracle replies:

Er, yes if you want to. I suspect this is a case of lost in translation. Usually when I am asked, "can I call my album...?" it means there has been public speculation about a Coldplay album name.

The only connection I can see between Canoe and Coldplay is an article that appeared a couple of weeks ago in the Canadian publication Canoe.

That or the website/magazine is called Canoe. I saw it a couple of days ago.

edit:

December 4, 2013 - submitted by Marirs, Maldives

Q. Am I allowed to name my album Canoe?

The Oracle replies:

Er, yes if you want to. I suspect this is a case of lost in translation. Usually when I am asked, "can I call my album...?" it means there has been public speculation about a Coldplay album name.

The only connection I can see between Canoe and Coldplay is an article that appeared a couple of weeks ago in the Canadian publication Canoe.

Hmmm, she acknowledged she knows about the article, and didn't exactly deny its contents, so maybe.... MAYBE... the Canoe article isn't a complete BS rumor!

Hmmm, she acknowledged she knows about the article, and didn't exactly deny its contents, so maybe.... MAYBE... the Canoe article isn't a complete BS rumor!

The website is called Canoe (link), it's highly unlikely that LP6 will be called that.

I know, I meant the contents of the Canoe article. Like the release date, sound similar to AROBTTH, etc.

Sorry, I misread your post.

Maybe the author of that article has a source within Warner.

That or he's just guessing.

Hmm...

Parachutes

X&Y

Mylo Xyloto

Canoe

Parachutes

X&Y

Mylo Xyloto

Babbling, Bumbling Band of Baboons

Does sound better :thinking:

Just kidding;

3. acknowledged that there has been public speculation about 'Random Acts'. meaning that the oracle might be reading coldplaying as coldplaying is likely to be the only source on the internet that rumoured about random acts

coldplaying is the largest* source that rumoured about random acts.

It was all over Twitter and Tumblr and I bet loads of people asked her about it. I can't really recall it was big over here but maybe that's because I don't really care about album rumours.

I was just looking on the coldplay store and there are some new jumpers and hoodies on offer with 'Coldplay album cover symbols' could some of these new clothes have something to do with the new album, they also say theyre being dispatched on the 10th of december or around then could we then have a hint of the new album title or something?

I don't think the album would sound like A Rush of Blood to the Head, well maybe in the sense of Atlas. So basically that older style feeling but really keeping the upbeat poppy nature which they started to develop.

Plus to be honest I'd rather it sound more like Viva La Vida. But different straws.

I don't think the album would sound like A Rush of Blood to the Head, well maybe in the sense of Atlas. So basically that older style feeling but really keeping the upbeat poppy nature which they started to develop.

Plus to be honest I'd rather it sound more like Viva La Vida. But different straws.

What you're describing is the result of them keeping it in-house again. Honestly, I think LP6 will be a nice complement to VLV and MX. With the previous two LPs being so experimental and adventurous, I can see LP6 as being more of a return to the core of Coldplay-- just emotional and heartfelt tunes. I think LP6 will still have some outrageous and odd sounds, but I think LP6 will be more straightforward than the last two.