✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

We all know Coldplay tries to not to the same thing every album. And I believe we all felt kind of worried before Mylo Xyloto (at least I did) because we knew they hadn't done that "pop" album yet and it would make sense for them to do so since that's usually what big bands tend to change do...

So since they already did that with Mylo Xyloto, and pretty well too I must say, this is one of the most exciting times for me to be a Coldplay fan since I really have no idea how their sound will be. All the possible sounds I thought they could do, they have already done. And the genre I thought would be the worst has already been done so I'M JUST SO PUMPED. I HOPE I DON'T HYPE IT UP TOOO MUCH.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd actually like them to go ahead and make something that mixes just part of their old style with a new style. An album with upbeat, piano driven songs, Clocks style + slower guitar driven songs like UATW + some catchy electronic rock songs like those by MGMT or Foster The People would be perfect for me. Bands shouldn't stay with the same style for all their lifetime, just as they shouldn't change completely and abandon their original style either.

What about a 2 or 3 minutes fast song with Coldplay's most powerful drums and guitars ever?

^ And a killer bassline :wacky:

Oh I forgot to say that it would also have Chris singing louder than ever. Or even better, screaming!

Death metal anyone?

:laugh3: that'll be really interesting.

maybe they will want to do a mix of all the eras? :thinking:

^Whoa - two very funny observations:

1. The chord progressions in the chorus of Atlas and Me and Tennessee are very similar. If you started Atlas's chorus on the 3rd chord (or MAT on the 3rd chord) you would have the other song. Try singing one over the other, seriously.

*Though to be fair, this progression also shows up in: Where the Stars Go Blue, Paradise, the middle section of Swallowed in the Sea, Wonderwall, Green Eyes, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Mad World, Pumped Up Kicks, Writing to Reach You, If I Had a Gun............ :p

2. The slide guitar in the chorus of each song is very similar! Let us not forget slide guitar became prominent in blues music and then everything else to follow.

I'm thinking... There wouldn't be a better way to start 2014 than Coldplay announcing the LP6 release date on New Year's Day. Or even better, a surprise release!

That would be a big surprise! To imagine it might already be a happy moment enough for now, hehe:) I feel many Co. fans might have sensed the energy of LP6, via dreams or telepathic "communications" ...