✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

reminds me of this tweet/fb post "Watching Jonny Buckland playing a new bit on DLIBYH. He is in a new zone of wonderfulness. -CM"

:wacky:

What I would really like right now is to see an official post like this one, and start guessing what everyone think the initials of the song/album mean and what can be the whole title.

Early 2015 wouldn't surprise me. If you take into account the label probably want like 6 months of press and hype beforehand, plus the fact we don't know if the band have actually started recording all that much or if they're still very much in the writing process, I think next Spring for a new single is very optimistic.

(I just hope longer time = more b-sides this time!!)

Early 2015 wouldn't surprise me. If you take into account the label probably want like 6 months of press and hype beforehand, plus the fact we don't know if the band have actually started recording all that much or if they're still very much in the writing process, I think next Spring for a new single is very optimistic.

It bothers me that this is a possibility. I'm getting antsy

I completely agree with having more b-sides. I also hope to see some less popular songs in the set alongside the hits. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks DAAHF is a great one to put in haha. Looking forward to seeing more music, cause these guys are just incredible!

I'm pretty sure they've been working on new material for quite some time. I'm still very optimistic for a mid to late 2014 release... a band that adores their fans and thoroughly enjoys writing, recording, and performing music as much as Coldplay does will never go long without releasing new material. Just look at the album release and touring schedule of their existing albums.

I did some research and made some simple calculations based on tour durations, album release dates, and when the first single from each album was released. I came up with some fairly consistent stats:

Time between end of previous tour and first single release from next album:

Parachutes -> AROBTTH: 16 months

AROBTTH -> X&Y: 20 months

X&Y -> VLV: 14 months

VLV -> MX: 15 months

Average: 16.25 months

Time between end of previous tour and next album release:

Parachutes -> AROBTTH: 16 months

AROBTTH -> X&Y: 20 months

X&Y -> VLV: 15 months

VLV -> MX: 19 months

Average: 17.5 months

Time between tours (not including one-off shows or festival dates):

Parachutes -> AROBTTH: 14 months

AROBTTH -> X&Y: 19 months

X&Y -> VLV: 15 months

VLV -> MX: 19 months

Average: 16.75 months

SO, if we go off averages, then the first single from LP6 could be released around May 2014 and the album release/tour could begin in June 2014. Starting a tour in the summer happened with VLV, Twisted Logic tour, and AROBTTH tour, even MX tour if you count all the festival dates. That's eerily consistent. I know they'll want to release when they're ready and maybe they don't even care what season it is when they release, but this is all interesting nonetheless. That's why I'm fairly confident in a mid to late 2014 release.

And one more tidbit... I remember that rumor posted recently that was translated from French about the album being released sooner than expected. The article mentioned they might delay due to U2's anticipated April 2014 album release and subsequent tour. U2's No Line on the Horizon, their last album, was released in February 2009 and the tour began in June 2009. That's almost 8 months after VLV was released, so maybe there is some merit there and we would have to wait. But, their tours have overlapped before, most recently in June 2009 - October 2009, when the 360 and VLV tours overlapped. They were, however, on different continents during that time period. So who knows? That may or may not be a factor in the LP6 release date.

Does anybody remember a song were Chris was playing along with the band and singing in Ellen's show and Ellen sneaked behind the piano and scared him? :laugh3: I really wish that song was released in LP6. I'll search for the link, in case I'm the only one who remembers it. :confused:

EDIT: Found it :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDXspO_ulsQ#t=6m30s

It makes sense for Coldplay to release music in the summer.

What if they're this year's secret Glastonbury act?

They're reached that level where I don't see Coldplay not headlining Glastonbury anymore (it would be like U2 performing but not headlining..would be awkward for everybody), and the organisers said the headliners have never performed at Glasto :\

After all, Coldplay weren't at Glasto for Viva. It's highly possible they won't be for LP6.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd definitely love it!! :laugh3:

Does anybody remember a song were Chris was playing along with the band and singing in Ellen's show and Ellen sneaked behind the piano and scared him? :laugh3: I really wish that song was released in LP6. I'll search for the link, in case I'm the only one who remembers it. :confused:

EDIT: Found it :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDXspO_ulsQ#t=6m30s

KARRRLLL QUIDZZZZZZZZ!!! :freak:

(lol, sorry I coudn't resist)

Maybe we will get an instrumental song as the opening song on LP6. Look at Mylo and Viva. We had Life In Technicolor and Mylo Xyloto. Maybe the boys might continue the trend for the last album of the trilogy and make an instrumental opener. As Chris would call it, the "Milk man song".

Maybe we will get an instrumental song as the opening song on LP6. Look at Mylo and Viva. We had Life In Technicolor and Mylo Xyloto. Maybe the boys might continue the trend for the last album of the trilogy and make an instrumental opener. As Chris would call it, the "Milk man song".

What if track 01 is just an dark ambient track that segues into track 02 that starts off with heavy bass dropping? :thinking:

oh the possibilities