✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually saw What If in 2011, and you could see why they don't play much of X&Y, it's quite brooding and epic. I'm not a massive fan of the album, but I adore White Shadows. I'd never like to see it live though because compared to everything else, it's so mechanical, serious and restricting. It doesn't float like Strawberry Swing or Paradise, it's grey concrete, bass-led angst.

I think that's what the band have to consider when they pick their setlist: what fits? Life is for Living was perfect for Glastonbury, but Low wasn't. God Put A Smile v2011 won't be so fitting in 2014. We'll have to see where abouts the band go, but seeing as LP6 will likely complete a trilogy, it would be nice if material leant on highlights of those three albums + early classics.

I think a concert that focuses heavily on LP6 material with MX taking kind of a back seat will be quite nice. I think just Paradise and Charlie Brown in a set would work quite well with all the other early hits.

Bottom line is, I'm excited to see what direction they go next.

I would love if the focused on Viva/MX/LP6 for the next tour, I know everyone loves AROBTTH but they've been playing those songs for a long time now, The Scientist, GPASUYF (as much as I love it) and Politik should rest for a while and give a chance for the new classics to shine. I don't see why they can't play 5 or 6 songs from Viva instead of just 3 like on the MX tour.

They should come on stage, play a set like it's 1999 (Careful Where You Stand, Help Is Around The Corner, Spies, etc) and then exit the stage, leaving everyone confused.

I wouldn't mind that much if Ode To Deodorant is also on the setlist.

Let's open a new question:

If you were to see Coldplay on their next tour, what are five songs you definitely want on the set more than any other?

Mine would be Violet Hill (with Chris on piano), Death and all His Friends, 42, Strawberry Swing and Amsterdam.

They don't have to be rarities, album tracks or whatever: you can name the big five if you want. It's just a question of what you'd love to see, and what you'd walk away wanting to see next time if they didn't play it this time.

My bet is that Atlas is the blueprint, production-wise, for LP6. I also think Davide Rossi will return for a few songs.

I'd love to hear more Rossi! But as for Atlas being the blueprint, production-wise, for LP6, I wouldn't count on it. Remember how everyone was saying something similar with Christmas lights before MX came out?