✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

With the end of the Xylobands, it seems the brains of the LP6 tour production (which I'm sure is already in planning stages) might be reflecting the style of the album. Less MX-flashy, but probably a good blend of rock and some VLV-alternative. I just really hope they keep the confetti around, because the feeling I get when that stuff flies out of the cannons is a fleeting euphoria!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know that they will not use the xylobands again?

Because Jason tweeted this yesterday: looking like the Xyloband and Coldplay Journey is over !!! time move on

And The Oracle posted this today:

December 9, 2013 - submitted by Filip, Poland

Q. Hi Oracle!

I have a question. Do Coldplay use xylobands only in MX tour or they will use them in next shows as the part of every Coldplay show?

The Oracle replies:

There's a clue in their name - Xylobands. They were brought in for the Mylo Xyloto tour as the perfect compliment. The MX tour was very vibrant, full of colour and reflected the look of the album which as you probably know was heavily influenced by graffiti and its fluorescent / dayglo feel.

I always assumed they would be retired once the tour was over as then the band would be moving into a new phase.

But Jason disabled his account and that Oracle answer has been deleted.

They're reached that level where I don't see Coldplay not headlining Glastonbury anymore (it would be like U2 performing but not headlining..would be awkward for everybody), and the organisers said the headliners have never performed at Glasto :\

After all, Coldplay weren't at Glasto for Viva. It's highly possible they won't be for LP6.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd definitely love it!! :laugh3:

Radiohead did the secret set a couple of years back. They've headlined in the past. Not an impossibility!

Because Jason tweeted this yesterday: looking like the Xyloband and Coldplay Journey is over !!! time move on

And The Oracle posted this today:

December 9, 2013 - submitted by Filip, Poland

Q. Hi Oracle!

I have a question. Do Coldplay use xylobands only in MX tour or they will use them in next shows as the part of every Coldplay show?

The Oracle replies:

There's a clue in their name - Xylobands. They were brought in for the Mylo Xyloto tour as the perfect compliment. The MX tour was very vibrant, full of colour and reflected the look of the album which as you probably know was heavily influenced by graffiti and its fluorescent / dayglo feel.

I always assumed they would be retired once the tour was over as then the band would be moving into a new phase.

But Jason disabled his account and that Oracle answer has been deleted.

Spooky! :shocked2:

Why do you think those were deleted?

And did such thing happened before?

Two minutes ago, "Don't panic" was played on a German radio station. After the song, the moderator said, "And very soon, in 2014, there are new Coldplay songs. As soon as something is happening, you hear it on our radio station."

I know that there are not any news, but it's so nice to hear something like this on the radio. :)

HOLY SHIT COLDPLAYS NEXT ALBUM WILL BE ABSOLUTELY HUGE THEYRE GONNA DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT I CAN FEEL IT IM GETTING MY COLDPLAYER SENSES ITS GONNA BE A SURPRISE WHEN IT COMES OUT MARK MY WORDS HOLY SHIT I KNOW THIS WILL HAPPEN IT IS GONNA BE GENIUS

Why must you always use all caps?

So,um, a fan met Coldplay at the Bakery yesterday right before they left for their gig, and um, got a rather interesting insight from Will...I'm just gonna leave this here in case you haven't read the story yet...

He seemed very excited about LP6 and told us the album is going very well but they don't want to rush it and there are some lovely acoustic songs on it.

As long as I would love those acoustic songs they say, I would also like some powerful songs. But I mean really powerful songs with claw. 50/50 would be nice, which would be translated maybe in 6 acoustic songs and 6 powerful songs. Or 5 and 7, or 5 and 6, but not more or less than that. There has to be some stability, a really good balance.

They've obviously written these ones as acoustic because they work best as introverted reflections, but what about doing something a bit different with them?

Below is one of my songs of the year. The bass is really prominent all the way through, and that's something that worked on Paradise. The little electronic noises are fantastic too, so why not get Jon Hopkins in for something like that?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHotQANrGCE]Bonobo - First Fires - YouTube[/ame]

And of course this is just one song that does something different to what could be an acoustic track. Look at Massive Attack, Belle and Sebastian, even Gorillaz: there really is no need to stick to the same formula.

By the way, I'm sorry I'm not on here as much. It's not that I don't care, it's that I'm currently working two jobs. This is like, the only thread I comment on anymore, given that I'm not up to date with stuff going on in the lounge. And that I really don't like two or three people there.

I just really like this thread, and all you guys, and it's a nice past-time to discuss LP6. So I don't want to be forgotten from discussion :( haha

"Lovely acoustic songs" sounds amazing :heart: but as someone previously said, I hope that there is a balance and we get some other nice sounds too.

Anything from the guys will be cool.....I'm just hoping this time they can come to Mexico....We missed them this year :(

I agree. And if it's not too much to ask for, maybe even the xylobands too? :wacko: That's the thing I was most looking forward to from the last tour and it still pains me that I didn't get to experience it :bigcry: