✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

Yeah I think Biffy Clyro did a double album. And there was a feature in NME a couple of months back about how double albums are disasters waiting to happen! Not sure I agree though. :/ also Green Day's trilogy was good but I can understand why the singles didn't chart very well. Hmmm.... :)

Maybe because Green Day are too old to still be doing pop-punk?

Also, why does Green Day always get a mention as one of Coldplay's contemporaries?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The White Album by the Beatles was good, but even they had a bunch of fillers. Could Coldplay make a double album that had quality? Perhaps, but Chris would have to have a lot of great songs in a short amount of time.

Sorry but your wrong on so many counts on that one. Also the record company would never let them release a double album.

Sorry but your wrong on so many counts on that one. Also the record company would never let them release a double album.

Why the label wouldn't let them do it? Like, they are the biggest band on theire hands, they would let Coldplay release pretty much anything right now.

Coldplay announce new album of Death Metal Classics

In an unexpected move, rock band Coldplay have announced that their next album, due for release in the spring, will consist entirely of death metal covers.

‘It’s true,’ confirmed Chris Martin in a radio interview yesterday. ‘There’s nothing I like more after a long day of mawkish balladry and pontificating on world hunger than winding down to a bit of hard core thrash. Once the kids are in bed, the wife and I like to curl up on the sofa, crack open a bag of macrobiotic cress and have a couple of games of Boggle while Carcass’s ‘Crepitating Bowel Erosion’ plays in the background.’

However, while many have praised the band’s bold new direction, some critics remain sceptical, suggesting that it’s no more than a cynical attempt to capitalise on actor John Barrowman’s surprise Christmas 2012 smash ‘Twenty Golden Norwegian Black Metal Hits.’

link

:lol:

^LOL I will pretend I didn't read that.

About double album: I don't think it's gonna happen. Like someone said before, the guys don't seem to like long albums and they make whatever they can to cut songs and make'em short(RIP Car Kids).

Their thing is a less-than-one-hour album with a strong thematic and maybe a background story (like Viva and MX).

About what is to come, some folk/Cemiteries-Of-London-ish songs would be cool. More rock like X&Y (The Hardest Part, White Shadows,...), and if there's going to be some slow ballad/sad song, they shouldn't follow Up In Flames. I wouldn't mind an ETIAW-like song too.

(I don't know why I have the feeling that they secretly read this forum and take some of our opinions in consideration).

^LOL I will pretend I didn't read that.

About double album: I don't think it's gonna happen. Like someone said before, the guys don't seem to like long albums and they make whatever they can to cut songs and make'em short(RIP Car Kids).

Their thing is a less-than-one-hour album with a strong thematic and maybe a background story (like Viva and MX).

About what is to come, some folk/Cemiteries-Of-London-ish songs would be cool. More rock like X&Y (The Hardest Part, White Shadows,...), and if there's going to be some slow ballad/sad song, they shouldn't follow Up In Flames. I wouldn't mind an ETIAW-like song too.

(I don't know why I have the feeling that they secretly read this forum and take some of our opinions in consideration).

It's really bloody annoying how neurotic they are sometimes. Off the top off my head, Space Oddity, A Day in the Life, All My Friends, Paranoid Android, Won't Get Fooled Against, Knights of Cydonia, Saeglopur, Champagne Supernova, One Day Like This and Insomnia are ten songs over five or six minutes long that are considered masterful; it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion in the ocean, so to speak.

They need to realise that X&Y wasn't shite because it was long and they had no rules, it was shite because it was vague, samey, poorly written and everything was dragged out. If they work with a couple of new producers, like Godrich, Orbit or Flood and they'll open Coldplay's eyes to just jamming and going with their gut. If anything, Eno's only made them more paranoid (not that he should necessarily be dropped).

Also, why does Green Day always get a mention as one of Coldplay's contemporaries?

Because they've done a triple album and the last page of this thread was about double albums! Also they're not too old! Blink 182 are the same age. So are foo fighters. Muse and coldplay are only a couple of years younger than then. So sorry but I don't really get your point. An from the replies I've got when taking about green day were not so good so I guess I'm the only one here go lives green day as well as coldplay!! :( :confused: also green day's previous album was released in 2009 and they were 37 then, which is like one or two years older than Coldplay are now. Most of the singles on green days 2009 album charted well. So did American idiot in 2004 and they were about 32 then which isn't that younger than coldplay are now. Also all of the five singles from that album got to 3 5 11 8 and 17 in the UK charts!!!!. The album sold 14 million copies in the world. :) go green day! :) :)

But I guess that's just your opinion :/ :)

Also doesn't contemporary mean "at the same time" or "modern". And Green Day and Coldplay are alive at the same time so I guess that does make them contemporaries of each other. But I only got an A in English, not my best subject. :) :) :D :D

^ I think he meant that Green Day should be doing other type of music by now, singig pop-punk doesn't suit 40 year old man so well as it suits 20 year olds. And I kinda agree, you see after the more serious themed American Idiot and 21stCB that was a huge step back both on the sound and the lyrics. I do like Green Day but I guess you don't need to come up with comparisons with them so often too.

Coldplay announce new album of Death Metal Classics

In an unexpected move, rock band Coldplay have announced that their next album, due for release in the spring, will consist entirely of death metal covers.

‘It’s true,’ confirmed Chris Martin in a radio interview yesterday. ‘There’s nothing I like more after a long day of mawkish balladry and pontificating on world hunger than winding down to a bit of hard core thrash. Once the kids are in bed, the wife and I like to curl up on the sofa, crack open a bag of macrobiotic cress and have a couple of games of Boggle while Carcass’s ‘Crepitating Bowel Erosion’ plays in the background.’

However, while many have praised the band’s bold new direction, some critics remain sceptical, suggesting that it’s no more than a cynical attempt to capitalise on actor John Barrowman’s surprise Christmas 2012 smash ‘Twenty Golden Norwegian Black Metal Hits.’

link

:lol:

IS THAT TRUE??!! Nooo!!!! I like metal but most of its about deaths me drugs and swearing. How the hell will coldplay manage that :/

^ I think he meant that Green Day should be doing other type of music by now, singig pop-punk doesn't suit 40 year old man so well as it suits 20 year olds. And I kinda agree, you see after the more serious themed American Idiot and 21stCB that was a huge step back both on the sound and the lyrics. I do like Green Day but I guess you don't need to come up with comparisons with them so often too.

Ok I see your point :) it's annoying now that GDs trilogy wasn't even really pop punk! :( :)

If coldplay do actually do that death metal thing then the songs won't hat well, won't get much airplay and will confirm my sad belief that rock music is becoming extinct as there will be no more high charting rock singles!! Oh no. The albums do fine but now all the rock awards are going to ed Sherran (who i do not like!) :( :/ :)

Because they've done a triple album and the last page of this thread was about double albums! Also they're not too old! Blink 182 are the same age. So are foo fighters. Muse and coldplay are only a couple of years younger than then. So sorry but I don't really get your point. An from the replies I've got when taking about green day were not so good so I guess I'm the only one here go lives green day as well as coldplay!! :( :confused: also green day's previous album was released in 2009 and they were 37 then, which is like one or two years older than Coldplay are now. Most of the singles on green days 2009 album charted well. So did American idiot in 2004 and they were about 32 then which isn't that younger than coldplay are now. Also all of the five singles from that album got to 3 5 11 8 and 17 in the UK charts!!!!. The album sold 14 million copies in the world. :) go green day! :) :)

A double album and releasing two or more albums consecutively are not the same thing :tongue: and I think you misunderstood the point about contemporaries: Green Day and Coldplay aren't really in the same field, apart from being in the mainstream.

Blink-182 and Foo Fighters are also too old to release pop-punk records; my point is that you reach a certain age, and then releasing (what I believe to be) dumbed-down, diluted rubbish really is indefensible.

The reason I don't like pop-punk is that it seems like an oxymoron to me; you're either pop or you're punk. When punk got into full swing in the 70s, it was a movement designed to combat pop. It was supposed to be angrier, angstier, noisier and less-listenable to traditionally sweet and innocent pop music. What pop-punk does though is take this movement and utterly disregard what makes it special, by dressing up pop songs with little more than distortion pedals and irritatingly put-on American accents. It's a bit like broadcasting a show called "Fuck you, corrupt media organisations!" on Fox.

So this is why Green Day are to me, more fake than Bieber or One Direction, because they pretend to be "rock and roll" and rebellious, when really, they care more about chart positions than any teeny pop band, because they can't sell as many posters. They're in a different league to Coldplay, because whilst Coldplay are shamelessly commercial, they've never tried to disguise it. I don't think the two should ever be compared musically, but ethically I'd also set them apart.

Why the label wouldn't let them do it? Like, they are the biggest band on theire hands, they would let Coldplay release pretty much anything right now.

Labels are known for hating and avoiding double albums because why release a double when you can release 2 albums and make nearly twice the amount of money.

I don't think the band have it in them. Unless they take a long break. I'd rather have 10 strong amazing songs and some top b-sides. Be nice if they did a 'double a-side' that wasn't on the album as well, maybe for a greatest hits collection.

They really aren't going to do death metal, come on :)

Oh come on imagine Chris tearing up something like this like a MOFO!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5NX3OVjzHg]Pantera - Fucking Hostile - YouTube[/ame]

:nod:

*I owned the album this song was from once.