✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love a song that features Will on lead. I would also love a simple acoustic song that's straight forward that the audience can sing along to. Just a song about loving something. Something like DMB. But with Coldplay's sound. I'm not making sense but oh well haha. :rolleyes:

I would love a Coldplay Indian music sound. Sitars kick ass, just saying.

the sitar and santoor are originally ancient Persian traditional instruments (Setar and Santur) and not indian. Iran's neighboring countries and others then adopted their own variants of them. persian music and indian music are however entirely different and not similar in any way. traditional Persian music is focused on philosophy and mythology.

LISTEN EVERYONE WE ALL KNOW WE WANT MORE PIANO SONGS

THIS!

I'd love a song that features Will on lead. I would also love a simple acoustic song that's straight forward that the audience can sing along to. Just a song about loving something. Something like DMB. But with Coldplay's sound. I'm not making sense but oh well haha. :rolleyes:

Or Us Against the World? Or UFO?

I'd quite like it if they packed away the ballads and went a bit more ambitious. I felt the weakest songs on MX were UATW and UIF. Oh and Major Minus, which used an acoustic. I liked how there wasn't an acoustic track on Viva, it seemed less forced.

^Something like The Scientist but just acoustic guitar.

That would be great, recently I was thinking The Scientist was Coldplay's most successful stripped down, slow tempo song. People still love that kind of song- One Direction did that 'Little Things' (NOT COMPARING THEM TO CP IN ANYWAY DON'T WORRY) and Rihanna's 'Stay' is doing really well.

There's loads more examples.

So here's a good question: if there's still a great market out there for stripped down, acoustic and mid tempo songs, why have the past 10 CP singles all been up tempo and loud (maybe with the exception of Strawberry Swing)? We know Coldplay could still certainly write a really good ballad.

I understand that they are trying to break away from their usual sound (and I love that) but what's the harm in releasing a single along the lines of Wedding Bells, or UATW?

tbh I'm over all the ballads, piano, and acoustics and i think the band could be over them too. They have done a lot of acoustics and did try with a few ballads on mylo which to me were some of their weakest songs. Although, I really loved up in flames, it would be cool if they did an album without piano and acoustic guitar.

That would be great, recently I was thinking The Scientist was Coldplay's most successful stripped down, slow tempo song. People still love that kind of song- One Direction did that 'Little Things' (NOT COMPARING THEM TO CP IN ANYWAY DON'T WORRY) and Rihanna's 'Stay' is doing really well.

There's loads more examples.

So here's a good question: if there's still a great market out there for stripped down, acoustic and mid tempo songs, why have the past 10 CP singles all been up tempo and loud (maybe with the exception of Strawberry Swing)? We know Coldplay could still certainly write a really good ballad.

I understand that they are trying to break away from their usual sound (and I love that) but what's the harm in releasing a single along the lines of Wedding Bells, or UATW?

1) Coldplay's sound has changed since X&Y. The quantity of options for choosing an upbeat song and release it as a single has increased.

2) Despite the exceptions, up tempo songs dominate the radio. That's why promoters prefer them.

the sitar and santoor are originally ancient Persian traditional instruments (Setar and Santur) and not indian. Iran's neighboring countries and others then adopted their own variants of them. persian music and indian music are however entirely different and not similar in any way. traditional Persian music is focused on philosophy and mythology.

THIS!

Really? I didn't know that, I was led to assume it was Indian, but thanks :D

Although I think the slower songs on MX are the weaker ones, I don't think Coldplay should stop performing acoustically live on the X stage. It's a great opportunity to play two or three oldies; they've done Don't Panic, Warning Sign and Green Eyes when I've seen them, and in future, songs like Cemeteries of London, A Message, Amsterdam and Shiver are all possibly doable acoustically in the middle; it would give them an opportunity to do something different, and it would please the fans. And also, it would free up a couple of spaces on the setlist to put new stadium anthems in.

From a backstage interview at the Brit Awards:

When asked if any new music was materialising since 2011's Mylo Xyloto, it was an emphatic "no" from lead guitarist Jonny Buckland, although he did concede he was doing "the occasional jam session" with Will Champion.

"It's nothing productive though," the drummer was keen to point out.

"It's absolutely dreadful. Garbage, abstract, avant-garde nonsense.

"So you shall never hear of it, even if we released it you'd never hear it."

link

I just read that :thinking: How strange! I remember an interview Chris and Jonny gave in Australia last November and they gave the impression they were already working on new stuff. Chris even seemed confident about a possible album title. Something must have happened since now it sounds like it's just the Will and Jonny doing nothing serious at the studio.

Really? I didn't know that, I was led to assume it was Indian, but thanks :D

just thought i should point out since a lot of people are led to believe that. you're welcome :D

I just read that :thinking: How strange! I remember an interview Chris and Jonny gave in Australia last November and they gave the impression they were already working on new stuff. Chris even seemed confident about a possible album title. Something must have happened since now it sounds like it's just the Will and Jonny doing nothing serious at the studio.

yeah very true and they seemed pretty confident with whatever was going on. its either they weren't being serious OR they weren't happy with the direction it was going so they ditched it

Maybe they have the title for the album already, but I don't think they have any songs finished. For now, the guys are just brainstorming at the studio, so I don't see nothing strange here.

Maybe they have the title for the album already, but I don't think they have any songs finished. For now, the guys are just brainstorming at the studio, so I don't see nothing strange here.

It goes beyond just the album title, that was just a detail (well, not maybe just a detail, but I hope you get the idea) What I meant was that they seemed to already have a concrete idea of what they wanted to do. It sounded as if they had been already working on some ideas, but now it's like they've gone back to square one, that's why I thought it was strange.

came across this interview with Jo Whiley at the brits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p015d47l

seems like there are some things happening behind the scenes. specially what Whiley said about her knowing that there are things to come. anyway, it seems like it will be a while until we get to know any official details about LP6. they don't seem keen to give anything away, at least for now. maybe they don't have anything concrete yet.

anyway, i'm sure chris must have a bunch of songs that he has written already. he seems like the kind of guy who can work something up alone before bringing it to the others.

<embed src="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/iplayer/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="504" FlashVars="playlist=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/p015d47l&config=http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/iplayer/config.xml&config_settings_showFooter=true&embedPageUrl=http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p015d47l&config_settings_autoPlay=false&config_settings_suppressRelatedLinks=true&uxHighlightColour=0x0073cf&guidance=unknown&config_settings_showShareButton=true&domId=media-player-emp&mediatorHref=http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/select/version/2.0/mediaset/pc/transferformat/plain/vpid/{id}&config_settings_showUpdatedInFooter=true&config_settings_language=en&embedReferer=http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78582&page=93&config_settings_showPopoutButton=false&enable3G=true"></embed>