• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's open up another question:

If Coldplay were to feature any guests on LP6;

a) who would you like to see?

b) who would you bet they'd get?

Seeing what kind of music they're into at the moment, I'd really like to see them collaborating with someone like Deadmau5 or Rob Swire

^Still this

Like how I've remained nameless, really polite that.

I wasn't talking about any band in particular, hence why I said "any band", and I was politely pointing out two simple things to remember whilst looking forward to Coldplay's new album; two things I wasn't sure Til Kingdom Come had noticed, but maybe had.

Win Butler from Arcade Fire or Mumford from Mumford & Sons. They could go into a folk-tale style of song with either of these two. Imagine Win, Will, and Chris all singing in harmony with a couple of acoustic guitars and a piano. Really stripped back.

That would make my life complete!

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'd love a collaboration between Elton John or Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys. Noel Gallagher would be brilliant as well. Ray Davies or Paul McCartney would be a dream.

Emeli Sande would be another great and realistic choice though.

I'd love to see them collaborate with Mumford & Sons. I hope that LP6 will sound like a mix of folk/acoustic like Mumford, rock from AROBTTH, and some experimentation like Viva.

We all have our own music tastes. Right now we can only hope we like LP6.

I'd like them to collab with Lana Del Rey, Lady Gaga, Kid Cudi, A$ap Rocky, and that's about it.

Nightmare collabs for me would be Mumford and Sons because I cant stand them and Adele because her music doesn't interest me.

I agree that Mumfords would be a nightmare, they're too dull. At least Rihanna, Jay-Z and Kylie have all given Coldplay something really different. Mumfords wouldn't add anything, it's just an excuse for Coldplay to go backwards.

Green Day, now that would be a collaboration :sneaky:

I'd love to see them collaborate with Mumford & Sons. I hope that LP6 will sound like a mix of folk/acoustic like Mumford, rock from AROBTTH, and some experimentation like Viva.

We all have our own music tastes. Right now we can only hope we like LP6.

Mumford & Sons would be great!

Also, One of the things i'd like them to do for collabs, do something with little unknown bands! This could be an interesting thing to do for Coldplay :O

Like how I've remained nameless, really polite that.

I wasn't talking about any band in particular, hence why I said "any band", and I was politely pointing out two simple things to remember whilst looking forward to Coldplay's new album; two things I wasn't sure Til Kingdom Come had noticed, but maybe had.

Jay-Z or Kanye West would be the best. Chris Martin knows how to make beats (e.g. Paradise, Lost!), and both rappers love coldplay. I would really hate if they do a collab with another known/similar band like Mumford and Sons, Keane, Snow Patrol, etc. It's better when guests add something interesting like Princess of China did (yeah I liked this song get over it)

But other than that, I'm gonna say Jamie XX or the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

I'd love them to create something with an orchestra! Just think how majestic Politik was at the Grammys 2003 with the New York orchestra - maybe they could do some more songs from their backlog.

Well, this wouldn't exactly be LP6-material, but, uh, at least b-sides? Better than getting club remixes, imo.

Coldplay's next album will be kinda Viva la Vida ish with like an MX thing but in a AROBTTH kind of way.

That would be dreamy :awesome:

I'd love them to create something with an orchestra! Just think how majestic Politik was at the Grammys 2003 with the New York orchestra - maybe they could do some more songs from their backlog.

Well, this wouldn't exactly be LP6-material, but, uh, at least b-sides? Better than getting club remixes, imo.

:nod::nod::nod:

If Coldplay collaborate with an artist, it's not going to be with someone close to their sound. (because, as someone else pointed out in this thread, someone who has a different background will bring something different)

They did collaborate with Michael Stipe, but it was more a one time thing. Oh, a collaboration with him would be nice, actually :surprised:

If they ever collaborate with David Bowie omg i'm gonna go crazy and tell everyone i know who's ever mocked Coldplay IN YO FACE, WE'RE GETTING BOWIE HEHEHEHEHE WHO'S RIDICULOUS AND CRAP NOW ?!

I'm a silly fangirl sometimes, i just can't help it.

Anyway as Kamilé said, a collaboration with an orchestra could be very interesting! Actually, if they do a collab on LP6, I'd like it to be more of an "instrumental" thing, that would have more to do with the music itself rather than a classic "duet".

Sorry but I only post about them because certain individuals just don't get what I'm saying. I wouldn't even have to be saying all this now if someone didn't say 'what are green day said to be coldplays contemporary?' When they're at the same time. And triple album achievements link in with double albums ;)

I get perfectly what you're saying, but I don't think you get what I am. You keep ignoring certain points and act offended.

I would hate for them to collab with Mumford and Sons, can't stand them.

Mumford & Sons are great but their first two albums sound the same. And some people talk about how Coldplay's music sounds the same! psssh! :lol:

NO. Seriously though. M&S... all their music sound the same. They're still good though, and a collab with Coldplay would be great imo.

To hire an orchestra for b-sides would be a bit... extravagant :lol:

I'd like them to do a gig with an orchestra + choir, like Elbow did at Abbey Road. You could have Politik (Grammy version), Paradise, Viva La Vida and 42 that all use strings, but then think how everything else would sound? Not only would all the big ones (Viva, Paradise, Fix You espesh) benefit from a choir, a couple of X&Y could really do with strings and horn sections instead of those grey synths; I'm thinking White Shadows and What If would sound a lot more human. Strawberry Swing and Lovers in Japan could sound really nice with stripped-back pizzicato and then could you imagine Clocks stripped back with handclaps and bass, and the riff done on a harp? This needs to happen.

I would love it though if LP6 use more orchestral sounds, expanded on the colourful palette of MX and also used all sorts of lovely guitar tones, percussions and bass sounds... with a constant string section throughout the album, it would sound like the score to a movie, or a Coldplay opera. Difficult to do on tour, but hey, they play enough prerecorded stuff live as it is, and why not take a string quartet with you?

And if they decided on some more Eno-esque interludes, there are plenty of ways to do these with so many instruments.

Also, on a sort of related note, the visuals (wristbands aside) for the next tour need to get better; the screens behind the band are terrible. I'd rather see a colour screen a la Speed of Sound.

But if they actually recorded videos of people playing extra instruments such as strings or synths to play behind them - like they had the video of them playing the strings to Viva - that would compensate for not having a live band.

When Gorillaz toured Plastic Beach, the visuals were amazing, an interesting video for every song. They should hook up with a director or animator.

^I love Gorillaz. It's such a shame the project is a little left behind. I think it could be the most successful work of Damon Albarn. Plastic Beach was masterpiece and I prefer to pretend that The Fall never existed (it was created in an iPad. It's terrible - except for Revolving Doors).

Mumford & Sons are great but their first two albums sound the same. And some people talk about how Coldplay's music sounds the same! psssh! :lol:

NO. Seriously though. M&S... all their music sound the same. They're still good though, and a collab with Coldplay would be great imo.

Yep I agree. How is every teardrop similar to the scientist? I don't mind Mumford and sons but they're stuff is kinda the same sounding :)