✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

Also, on a sort of related note, the visuals (wristbands aside) for the next tour need to get better; the screens behind the band are terrible. I'd rather see a colour screen a la Speed of Sound.

But if they actually recorded videos of people playing extra instruments such as strings or synths to play behind them - like they had the video of them playing the strings to Viva - that would compensate for not having a live band.

When Gorillaz toured Plastic Beach, the visuals were amazing, an interesting video for every song. They should hook up with a director or animator.

I thought the screen visuals were awesome. :/

But I do agree on your earlier part about orchestras. I love the idea of trying to make a movie score from a stylistic stand point, because it would make an album more cohesive musically. One of the main problems with MX imo is that the album as a whole is not cohesive (thematically it is cohesive obviously, but not musically). It just felt like it jumped from here to there to there... it was messy. I mean, ETIAW to Major Minus to UFO to PoC? It doesn't flow at all.

Hopefully, LP6 will flow as well as VLVODAAHF did.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the screen visuals were awesome. :/

Each to their own :) This is the kind of thing I was thinking would be cool, especially if they're gonna do a concept again:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY-ijw3M1rY]Gorillaz live performance at Jonathan Ross (On Melancholy Hill & Clint Eastwood ) - YouTube[/ame]

Would it be stupid to ask when chris Martin's birthday is. Because on Wikipedia and prettying every other websites its the 2nd march but in the two (unofficial, ill point out) biographies of coldplay I've read it says the 3rd march?! :)

Also gorillaz are awesome but their music videos are kinda weird

Guest howyousawtheworld
To hire an orchestra for b-sides would be a bit... extravagant :lol:

I'd like them to do a gig with an orchestra + choir, like Elbow did at Abbey Road. You could have Politik (Grammy version), Paradise, Viva La Vida and 42 that all use strings, but then think how everything else would sound? Not only would all the big ones (Viva, Paradise, Fix You espesh) benefit from a choir, a couple of X&Y could really do with strings and horn sections instead of those grey synths; I'm thinking White Shadows and What If would sound a lot more human. Strawberry Swing and Lovers in Japan could sound really nice with stripped-back pizzicato and then could you imagine Clocks stripped back with handclaps and bass, and the riff done on a harp? This needs to happen.

I would love it though if LP6 use more orchestral sounds, expanded on the colourful palette of MX and also used all sorts of lovely guitar tones, percussions and bass sounds... with a constant string section throughout the album, it would sound like the score to a movie, or a Coldplay opera. Difficult to do on tour, but hey, they play enough prerecorded stuff live as it is, and why not take a string quartet with you?

And if they decided on some more Eno-esque interludes, there are plenty of ways to do these with so many instruments.

Elbow at Abbey Road is what I had in mind as well. Was on the BBC red button as well which was fantastic. A-ha did a gig at the Royal Albert Hall with the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra as well performing their first two albums. Coldplay would be perfect for something like that.

Also seeing as people have mentioned them a few times, the idea of Coldplay collaborating with Mumford and Sons would be terrible in my opinion. God knows what the deal with them is.

Would it be stupid to ask when chris Martin's birthday is. Because on Wikipedia and prettying every other websites its the 2nd march but in the two (unofficial, ill point out) biographies of coldplay I've read it says the 3rd march?! :)

lmgtfy

*why was this posted in this thread? :\*

Because I just wanted to know and I thought it would bf easier and quicker than asking by public message every one of my contacts.

Don't you think the Chris thread or the random Coldplay thoughts is a better place to ask something like this?

Yep I agree. How is every teardrop similar to the scientist? I don't mind Mumford and sons but they're stuff is kinda the same sounding :)

Same here. I actually love Mumford, but I acknowledge that most of their music is the same formula over and over again...which is a bit disappointing, but I just think of their albums as one 40 min. song.

I don't get how someone could say Coldplay are dull and every song is the same. How is Rainy Day in any way similar to Don't Panic? Princess of China and Fix You? Clocks and Viva la Vida?

Fight! Fight! Fight!

If I was trying to pick a fight I would have posted something completely different : )

Back on topic, I don't think a collaboration between Coldplay and Mumford & Sons would work. But the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (or a similar orchestra), yes please!

So I was thinking a good way to go for the new album would be using a more stripped down aproach with lots of acoustic guitars mixed with synths and strings, things like Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground and U.F.O., but also using guitars like Yes or Cemeteries Of London, I think that's the way to go, more quite and introspective sound but still colorful and full of layers of different instruments.

Am I the only one that would facepalm if they released more acoustic stuff? :confused:

Us Against the World, Up In Flames, UFO, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Cemeteries of London, Green Eyes, The Scientist, A Message and most of Parachutes use the typical acoustic/pianoey Coldplay sound, and how many more Coldplay songs use acoustic guitars in other ways? Hurts Like Heaven, Yellow, Yes, Major Minus, Life in Technicolor, Charlie Brown, Up With the Birds, and don't get me started on which songs use acoustic guitars live.

I really want something different. I'm fed up of the same acoustic guitar sound on every album, as if that's what defines the band. And working with Mumford and Sons would just be like prolonging the cliche :\

I was at a concert on Thursday, the support band, Air Bag One, has a guitarist who likes to play at the edge of the stage. He was on my right and the last concert i had seen as Coldplay, so I couldn't help but comparing him to Guy.

Can i haz a more outgoing Guy for the LP6 tour plz ? :awesome:

Am I the only one that would facepalm if they released more acoustic stuff? :confused:

Us Against the World, Up In Flames, UFO, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Cemeteries of London, Green Eyes, The Scientist, A Message and most of Parachutes use the typical acoustic/pianoey Coldplay sound, and how many more Coldplay songs use acoustic guitars in other ways? Hurts Like Heaven, Yellow, Yes, Major Minus, Life in Technicolor, Charlie Brown, Up With the Birds, and don't get me started on which songs use acoustic guitars live.

I really want something different. I'm fed up of the same acoustic guitar sound on every album, as if that's what defines the band. And working with Mumford and Sons would just be like prolonging the cliche :\

Erm, pretty sure an acoustic guitar is kind of part of any soft rock band. Its not like they're losing creativity points by using acoustic guitar, good grief.

LMFAO. People were moaning about talking about other bands then someone who is so lazy not to search via google asks a question like that........

Actually I posted that question here because, if you bothered to read my original post before you posted that stupid point, you would see that I asked you guys here because on Google it says March 2nd but in their biographies it says March 3rd!! Jeez... :)bsig I just wanted to know which was the correct answer! Didn't it occur to you that I would have Googled it first?!?! :angry: :( :/