✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a concert on Thursday, the support band, Air Bag One, has a guitarist who likes to play at the edge of the stage. He was on my right and the last concert i had seen as Coldplay, so I couldn't help but comparing him to Guy.

Can i haz a more outgoing Guy for the LP6 tour plz ? :awesome:

Am I the only one that would facepalm if they released more acoustic stuff? :confused:

Us Against the World, Up In Flames, UFO, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Cemeteries of London, Green Eyes, The Scientist, A Message and most of Parachutes use the typical acoustic/pianoey Coldplay sound, and how many more Coldplay songs use acoustic guitars in other ways? Hurts Like Heaven, Yellow, Yes, Major Minus, Life in Technicolor, Charlie Brown, Up With the Birds, and don't get me started on which songs use acoustic guitars live.

I really want something different. I'm fed up of the same acoustic guitar sound on every album, as if that's what defines the band. And working with Mumford and Sons would just be like prolonging the cliche :\

Erm, pretty sure an acoustic guitar is kind of part of any soft rock band. Its not like they're losing creativity points by using acoustic guitar, good grief.

LMFAO. People were moaning about talking about other bands then someone who is so lazy not to search via google asks a question like that........

Actually I posted that question here because, if you bothered to read my original post before you posted that stupid point, you would see that I asked you guys here because on Google it says March 2nd but in their biographies it says March 3rd!! Jeez... :)bsig I just wanted to know which was the correct answer! Didn't it occur to you that I would have Googled it first?!?! :angry: :( :/

Erm, pretty sure an acoustic guitar is kind of part of any soft rock band. Its not like they're losing creativity points by using acoustic guitar, good grief.

Okay, few questions.

Why do they have to limit themselves to being a "soft rock" band?

How many soft rock bands are actually any good, other than Coldplay?

How many bands are using the same sounds six albums in, regardless of their genre?

And why is such a bad thing to not want an instrument? There are literally thousands of alternatives to the acoustic sounds they've used for over a decade. As I said, why define your sound by that?

Actually I posted that question here because, if you bothered to read my original post before you posted that stupid point, you would see that I asked you guys here because on Google it says March 2nd but in their biographies it says March 3rd!! Jeez... :)bsig I just wanted to know which was the correct answer! Didn't it occur to you that I would have Googled it first?!?! :angry: :( :/

First 4 dates that are mentioned on Google when you search for birthday Chris Martin:

195.jpg

WikiColdplay (Coldplaying.com's Wikipedia): Christopher Anthony John Martin (born March 2, 1977)

:escaping:

Okay, few questions.

Why do they have to limit themselves to being a "soft rock" band?

How many soft rock bands are actually any good, other than Coldplay?

How many bands are using the same sounds six albums in, regardless of their genre?

And why is such a bad thing to not want an instrument? There are literally thousands of alternatives to the acoustic sounds they've used for over a decade. As I said, why define your sound by that?

Oh god, no. I forgot one of the cardinal sins of this thread. I put Coldplay into a genre.

Sorry, but if it frustrates you that coldplay use too much acoustic guitar, I don't think you'll be happy when they inevitably use it again in LP6. Because this instrument is basically essential in the bulk of any band's music. Sheesh! :lol:

Why don't they try to stray away from drums and bass too cuz that's also in all of their songs. Oh-- and singing too. Take away the singing.

GOOD GRIEF.

Am I the only one that would facepalm if they released more acoustic stuff? :confused:

Us Against the World, Up In Flames, UFO, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Cemeteries of London, Green Eyes, The Scientist, A Message and most of Parachutes use the typical acoustic/pianoey Coldplay sound, and how many more Coldplay songs use acoustic guitars in other ways? Hurts Like Heaven, Yellow, Yes, Major Minus, Life in Technicolor, Charlie Brown, Up With the Birds, and don't get me started on which songs use acoustic guitars live.

I really want something different. I'm fed up of the same acoustic guitar sound on every album, as if that's what defines the band. And working with Mumford and Sons would just be like prolonging the cliche :\

I agree I'm done with the piano, but using acoustic guitar PLUS lots of other things seems good to me... I am not one of those who want them to go back, maybe you are right, I just think there aren't really more kinds of arrangements to test, they've done "symphonic" stuff with Viva, Paradise and Rainy Day, they went eletronic with ETIAW and PoC, they used "weird" instruments on Life In Technicolor and Lovers In Japan, I mean, there's not many things left to do with that, at least that's how I see it. I guess it's time to change the formula and not the dressing.

I agree I'm done with the piano
but...but....:cry:....the piano....the chair humping.....the ballads :sad:

Coldplay have never been a revolutionary band so that would be a bit unfair to expect a particularly innovative, revolutionary album from them (i don't mean on their scale, i mean on the music scale in general). I don't say it will never happen, just that it's not something to expect.

Cliché ?? That would be the best thing ever, I don't think it will happen. But man , just imagine Marcus mumford and Chris singing on one record and infusing their Alternative/folk/rock sound. I'd be first in line to hear that, chris martin and marcus writing lyrics together that would be like combining Newton and Einstein to solve the meaning of existence (ohk yes I'm exaggerating) ! It would be lightyears better than collaborating with another POP artist like Rihanna , bleh.

First 4 dates that are mentioned on Google when you search for birthday Chris Martin:

195.jpg

WikiColdplay (Coldplaying.com's Wikipedia): Christopher Anthony John Martin (born March 2, 1977)

:escaping:

I know I searched on google, but in yhe two coldplay biographies i read it says the 3rd

Oh god, no. I forgot one of the cardinal sins of this thread. I put Coldplay into a genre.

Sorry, but if it frustrates you that coldplay use too much acoustic guitar, I don't think you'll be happy when they inevitably use it again in LP6. Because this instrument is basically essential in the bulk of any band's music. Sheesh! :lol:

Why don't they try to stray away from drums and bass too cuz that's also in all of their songs. Oh-- and singing too. Take away the singing.

GOOD GRIEF.

I don't think it's worth getting hormonal over, but I just think they overuse the same sound; they've actually used different drum sounds and experimented with bass tones - oh and they've done a duet - and actually, I'm struggling to think of any good band who use acoustic in the "bulk" of their material.

I think I've been fair and stated everything as opinion, I'm sorry you don't agree with it, but there's no need to get all sarky. Politeness doesn't cost anything.

Cliché ?? That would be the best thing ever, I don't think it will happen. But man , just imagine Marcus mumford and Chris singing on one record and infusing their Alternative/folk/rock sound. I'd be first in line to hear that, chris martin and marcus writing lyrics together that would be like combining Newton and Einstein to solve the meaning of existence (ohk yes I'm exaggerating) ! It would be lightyears better than collaborating with another POP artist like Rihanna , bleh.

wow I have not had a good laugh in ages, Thanks for that!