✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Mylo Xyloto leak? ** EFFECTIVE 16-10 LINKS NOT PERMITTED ** (PART I)

bearcat1229

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oracle's questions are worse each time more.

Today's questions:

Q1- Rock Am Ring is not Rock Im Park

Q2- Blablablablabla... holiday...

What's going on over there? There hasn't been any news in 11 days, they haven't tweeted in 4 days, and the Oracle isn't answering interesting questions anymore. I. WANT. TRACK. LIST.

What if this album never leaked? After all as far as I know none of the ETIAW EP songs leaked before release date, right?

it's very possible that it won't leak. chris (i think) said that they can't even access the song files themselves... the only way I can see it leaking is when they actually begin to press the cd's. does anyone know when that might be? when do record companies usually give the green light to begin pressing? ...and if it doesn't leak, we'll all be listening to the album on release day! :laugh3:

it's very possible that it won't leak. chris (i think) said that they can't even access the song files themselves... the only way I can see it leaking is when they actually begin to press the cd's. does anyone know when that might be? when do record companies usually give the green light to begin pressing? ...and if it doesn't leak, we'll all be listening to the album on release day! :laugh3:

I remember reading their deadline for delivery was September 9, so anytime after that they will start pressing the CDs I suppose. But I really doubt this will leak. Matter of fact I think a free official streaming will be made available a week or so before release date...I remember this being done for VLV

It's funny how everyone tries to get the leaked Album although everyone said they wont download it.

:laugh3:

To be honest I am not sure I would download it...stream it definitely though! I guess we will find out if we will be tempted with a leak :)

What if this album never leaked? After all as far as I know none of the ETIAW EP songs leaked before release date, right?

It's really whole albums that are more likely to leak than EPs because they're more anticipated and people know what to look for. Because that was released digitally, it's harder for it to leak, because most leaks happen in CD production as someone's recently said. That said, it's not like it never happens, either--Prospekt's March leaked, for example (but that was also released in physical format). Still, the fact that the ETIAW EP didn't leak really doesn't mean anything for the album to me :shrug:

I remember reading their deadline for delivery was September 9, so anytime after that they will start pressing the CDs I suppose. But I really doubt this will leak. Matter of fact I think a free official streaming will be made available a week or so before release date...I remember this being done for VLV

Early October for CD production, I think. A lot of album leaks happen 2-3 weeks before, I think because that's when they really start to hit the factories. And free streaming on websites often happens BECAUSE albums leak in the first place--that was the case with VLV, and several other albums this year alone :D. If it hadn't leaked somehow, I wonder if they would have streamed it at all.

The thing about them not being able to access the song files kind of goes out the window after hand-in...several people need to access the files to be able to get them ready for release...not to mention all the journalists etc that get to hear it early, PLUS the contest winners at ACL that'll get to hear it early. While Coldplay's not just sticking their hands out and saying "take it" (who would?), they're also not being overly careful as far as we can tell. To me, that spells leak, just like everything else major has in the past few years besides one recent album.

I am still very surprised ETIAW did not leak...the first single from Coldplay in years: it WAS highly anticipated. I can think of a lot of other artists whose first singles also leaked beforehand , together with other album tracks. Streaming the album online a week or so before release I think is always a great idea and it would also prevent a lot of people from downloading the leaks. Paradise has not leaked either and I don´t expect it to at this point. As for journalists, surely they just listen to the cd in a room and they are not sent copies of the cd anymore? And when will retail shops get the cds? My local shops get the cds delivered often only the day before so no time for leaking there either.

I am still very surprised ETIAW did not leak...the first single from Coldplay in years: it WAS highly anticipated. I can think of a lot of other artists whose first singles also leaked beforehand , together with other album tracks. Streaming the album online a week or so before release I think is always a great idea and it would also prevent a lot of people from downloading the leaks. Paradise has not leaked either and I don´t expect it to at this point. As for journalists, surely they just listen to the cd in a room and they are not sent copies of the cd anymore? And when will retail shops get the cds? My local shops get the cds delivered often only the day before so no time for leaking there either.

Christmas Lights was released 6 months before ETIAW.

There was a german newspaper article one year ago about the album and they said that there are the highest security standards to keep it under secret. Only two people have access to the database. Consequently I believe it won't leak or at least not 2 weeks before the official release.

I'm not sure about how journalists get to listen to these things, but yeah, I bet it's under pretty tight restrictions, like in certain places and at listening parties, not in their own offices and stuff. However, ETIAW was on radio first, and then released DIGITALLY a few days later. By the time the actual CD came out, it had already been up on iTunes and the radio. Releasing things digitally seriously cuts down on opportunities to be leaked. Is it still possible for digital-only things to leak? Sure, it happens a lot, but the people that have access to those files before their release or before their first radio plays are often much less likely to leak things, as their careers are on the line. If a journalist or sound engineer or radio DJ leaked something, they'd never get hired to do those kinds of jobs again if they were found out. That's not to say people that work in factories or shipping services necessarily run less risk with concern to their jobs, but I think it's a somewhat different kind of risk, especially if you're just jamming a CD in your pocket off a belt or from a box and going home with it, vs. taking it from a magazine/radio office where it might be more missed. That sounds kind of bad--I'm having a hard time phrasing what I mean there. My overall point is that releasing something in physical format at the same time as digital format definitely increases the likelihood of leaking, as has been proven over the years.

Re: Christmas Lights: it wasn't really a single, and it also wasn't released in physical format. I'm not trying to say singles aren't highly anticipated, because they are, especially in this day and age where singles are often more valued than albums. But without physical formats, and without the huge promo buzz that's put around albums, moreso than singles, albums are often something people have more of an eye on to leak. Without staying in touch with music news or an artist specifically, like many of us are with Coldplay (or really in touch with the radio etc), I think a lot of more casual music fans aren't AS aware of singles coming out before they happen as they are with albums. That's kind of a baseless theory, though :shrug:

It will.

With all the security measures available to bands/record companies, it is very easy for a digital release to be kept under lock before the official release. Such is the case with the EP and numerous other bands out there currently releasing digital albums before hard copies.

With that said, MX will leak. It WILL leak once it is out of the band's hands and into the 'system' of producing hard copies. I've heard various dates being tossed around about when exactly it has to "handed in" to the powers that be. With such a a highly anticipated album, someone along the way will get their grubby hands on it and have that desire to be the first to hand it to their friends. Then we will have it.

Choose to or not to download it.

But if you are anything like me, I'm buying that sucker anyway. I'm not sure what it is, but I am never fully satisfied until I have the album artwork and CD booklet in my hands with the officially pressed disc in my CD changer.

Only Crap

Song: Great Expectations - Part 1 mp3

File: 152316-GreatExpectations.mp3 mp3

Send "Great Expectations - Part 1" Ringtone to your Mobile

Add to playlist:

0.00 / 0 Votes

Artist: Hugh Laurie

Album: Great Expectations

Genre: Fiction Duration: 00:02:06 Bitrate: 64 Frequency: 22050

Domain: excerpts.contentreserve.com

Search tags: Hugh laurie - Great expectations - part 1 mp3 download Great expectations - part 1 Great Expectations Part

Song: Great Expectations mp3

File: 07 - Great Expectations.mp3 mp3

Send "Great Expectations" Ringtone to your Mobile

Add to playlist:

0.00 / 0 Votes

Artist: Unbekannter Interpret

Album: Spiel des Engels

Genre: Other Duration: 00:04:51 Bitrate: 256 Frequency: 22050

Domain: carlosruizzafon.de

Search tags: Unbekannter interpret - Great expectations mp3 download Great expectations Great Expectations

Song: great-expectations-3 mp3

File: great-expectations-3.mp3 mp3

Send "great-expectations-3" Ringtone to your Mobile

Add to playlist:

0.00 / 0 Votes

Artist: Jaap Stronks

Album: Great Expectations