✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Mylo Xyloto leak? ** EFFECTIVE 16-10 LINKS NOT PERMITTED ** (PART I)

bearcat1229

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I reeeeally controled myself in 2008 in order not to listen to the leaks, but I couldn't help it and ended up listening too... :/ I think this time I'll try it harder. I think we, Coldplay fans, are trully strong, because we always have a gap of 3 years to listen to new songs. Waiting for more 2 or 3 weeks until the album comes shouldn't be that bad...

Some of which has been said before:

• It will not leak ANY earlier than September 9, I'd put big money on it--we know they work to the wire and that's hand-in, so don't believe anything that says it leaks before mid to late September at the earliest
  • Most albums leak via CD plants, with people nicking CDs off conveyor belts and during shipment
  • Most people that get to hear digital versions of the album before release, like journalists and audio workers, have no incentive whatsoever to leak the album and could ruin their careers by doing so (some still have though)
  • Kanye and Jay-Z took INSANE precautions during the recording of their album, and also had a graduated release scheme with special deals with special retailers that discouraged leaks
  • Most albums leak 2-4 weeks before release, when CDs are actually being manufactured
  • It WILL leak unless they're taking pages out of Kanye and Jay-Z's book, which they might
  • Leaks can actually help artists these days, and many have claimed to leak their own albums
  • The only reason we're seeing "links" now is because after the announcement, people now know to look for it and don't understand the schedule of how these things usually work

As for your last point, it's normally dodgy people whom "leak" fake tracks early on as they could have viruses or other nasties included in the zip folder.

Of course it will leak! What album doesn't leak? We all know that Kanye and Jay-Z took extreme precautions when recording Watch The Throne. If Coldplay already played half of the new album at live shows, then they obviously want people to hear the new material as fast as possible. I say about two weeks tops.

Viva was leaked way before it's release. I remember it being like a month before of something like that.

Holy crap, I remember that. I had the willpower to stay from the leak before release, but this one I don't know if I could help myself if it was a MONTH before!

It won't leak until like a week before I think. Having said that, the latest Kanye West/Jay-Z album did not leak at all and the new Red Hot Chili Peppers is a few days until release and it hasn't leaked yet. Maybe record labels have found a way around it for some of their bigger releases?

Exactly. I definitely won't be downloading it . . . although that is going to suck :blank:

Yeah I'm just going to have to stay away from the forum the 24th. I don't want to spoil it for myself. I really don't want to listen to it if it leaks as well because it will ruin the beauty of release day for me. I'd rather just wait.