✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Mylo Xyloto leak? ** EFFECTIVE 16-10 LINKS NOT PERMITTED ** (PART I)

bearcat1229

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the album has leaked some time ago. Personally, I think it's a good album but slightly below expectations. Every Shiver Is An Earthquake and A Shot Of Urine To The Bladder are the best songs in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Those songs are average at best, my personal favourite is God Put Hair Upon Your Chest. That piano solo at the end is incredible.

it will leak on oct. 21st :nod:

(that's the release date* so yeah, kinda obvious xD)

*for some european countries at least it seems, we have a thread on this. the exact dates are yet to be announced for different territories, except UK & US where the dates are officially confirmed...

EDIT:

here's my post from the other thread

so i gave Debs a few links and asked her what's correct since we have different dates and well, Debs replied:

I didn't click the links but just looking at them it seems they are for different territories, which explains it. You'll have to wait for nearer the time for full territory by territory date details. If you're in the UK/US, the dates we gave are correct.

x

PS: i had a dream about mylo xyloto xD amazon offered it for preorder there, but sadly my dream has not become true as of yet :P

If Mylo Xyloto leaked there should be a download link somewhere (which I would not click) that should be deleted from here so it doesn't ruin the surprise effect on the fans...

Even though I don't believe the guy who posted the "tracklist" of the LP5, once I get the holy album in my hands I'll come here, read the page 13 of this thread and if it doesn't match I'll report him and suggest a ban for ruining surprise effect (?

If Mylo Xyloto leaked there should be a download link somewhere (which I would not click) that should be deleted from here so it doesn't ruin the surprise effect on the fans...

Even though I don't believe the guy who posted the "tracklist" of the LP5, once I get the holy album in my hands I'll come here, read the page 13 of this thread and if it doesn't match I'll report him and suggest a ban for ruining surprise effect (?

:nod: Plus, I am pretty sure that is not the tracklist. I think they are still mixing and won't have everything completely done until midnight on September 9 ;)

:nod: Plus, I am pretty sure that is not the tracklist. I think they are still mixing and won't have everything completely done until midnight on September 9 ;)

i think they'd personally collect every single copy and replace them with an improved version if they were not content with it after they handed in ther final version :nod:

I actually would not want to listen. I have waited three years for this, and I don't want it spoiled.

You have it spot on. I am fully with you 100% of the way.

Why would you want to spol and ruin such an anticpiated part of your life? In my opinion- those who download it illegally before it has been released 1) aren't real fans, and 2) if they are, they don't have any real respect for the work Coldplay and EMI have put into it- therefore being as bad as someone who isn't a real fan.

Have some respect guys, and get the album when the album comes out.

Personally, I wouldn't want to spend the period of time the album is officially released bragging about how I already knew it all anyway. Where would the fun be in that?

I can't wait for the build up.

Viva la Coldplay, in the true sense. x

Why would you want to spol and ruin such an anticpiated part of your life? In my opinion- those who download it illegally before it has been released 1) aren't real fans, and 2) if they are, they don't have any real respect for the work Coldplay and EMI have put into it- therefore being as bad as someone who isn't a real fan.

Personally, I wouldn't want to spend the period of time the album is officially released bragging about how I already knew it all anyway. Where would the fun be in that?

I agree, except for the red part.

Good point. We have waited so damn long for this album! Why would we spoil it for ourselves. I will definitely be waiting ;)

When the album leaks, it's not allowed to be posted directly on this board anyway, even in MM...but that doesn't mean it's hard to find, either. It will be available for anyone who wants and avoidable for anyone who doesn't want it (but not for those who don't want to READ about it, because this place will explode with comments and opinions just like it did on June 4, 08). But about half the fanbase doesn't see leaking as "ruining a surprise," so whoever leaks it/finds it and directs attention from this board to it will not be banned, unless policy has changed since what happened in '08.

I'm don't want to get all preachy and go into "leaks 101," but...

...these days, leaks aren't simply things that people steal and post on the internet in spite of the artists and labels and their wishes--many artists and labels and management teams see leaks as GOOD things, sometimes even INTENTIONAL things, so it really can have very little to do with "respect," unless Coldplay were obviously extremely and vocally adamant about keeping it under wraps until release like Jay-Z and Kanye were of late. Leaks are inevitable in this day and age, so rather than fight against them, they have been incorporated into promo techniques and sometimes are PURPOSELY leaked by the "authorities" themselves under the table. Regardless of whether or not they want it to happen, the band's aware it probably will get out and probably won't be hurt or tortured by the idea that some people choose to listen to it a few weeks before the date that they decided to put it on shelves. For a lot of people, the release date isn't some ~magic~ point in time where they're granted permission from a higher power to do something, it's a date to look forward to with massive excitement, but something that's willingly ended early. It doesn't make listeners bad people, or any less of fans than the people who (so often haughtily) regard themselves as saints for not listening until the ~magic~ date of release. It's often impossible or hard to tell where a leak came from, so it all may be part of EMI's plan, or Coldplay's plan themselves. We'll never know, but to call people that listen to leaks disrespectful or not "real" fans (whatever the hell THAT means) is ludicrous. Everyone just needs to make up their own mind on whether or not to listen when it happens, and those who don't want to listen just need to be careful where to point their eyes when on this board and other centers of Coldplay fans. Beyond that, let's not pass judgement on a person for doing something that the band/the label/the team may WANT us to do in the first place, or at the very least, doing something that the band/the label/the team have certainly planned for and are aware of. If the thought of people listening a few weeks early really broke them up, they'd either take Kanye/Jay-Z-level precautions or not be in this industry.

Side note: The band has already shown they're not entirely precious with keeping it under wraps by letting the whole world listen to versions of about half the album live already, releasing a studio variation of "Charlie Brown" to UK TV, and inviting six fans to a private listening party on September 16 in Austin, TX, where things could potentially get out despite contracts and precautionary measures. The Kanye/Jay-Z method would never be that lenient. Maybe they still don't want the whole thing to leak, but they've proven they're not overly concerned about it, either.

To me, the only ethical problem with album leaks is that many of the more casual fans who download leaks don't intend to buy the album when it's actually released and therefore don't put their money where it should be going to keep the industry they obviously have some interest in afloat. But for big, big fans of a band, who usually will buy at least one hard copy of a band's album anyway and see them on tour at least once...there's absolutely nothing wrong with listening to a leak. Some people like to associate specialness with the date that the industry has deemed acceptable for release. Others don't give a rat's ass and see a leak as PART of the album buildup and excitement. Don't take that excitement away from them, either.

That's directed at no one in particular, by the way, despite quoting posts :D. It's just that if we're going to throw around the wretched phrase "real fan," let's educate ourselves a bit about what leaks actually mean and what they actually DO before positioning ourselves above or below other fans and pointing fingers at personal and ultimately harmless choices. If anyone was really curious, I could give an explanation of why someone would WANT to listen to a leak for reasons that weren't simply "I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE, GIMME GIMMIE GIMMIE."

Bottom line: it's almost definitely going to leak. All you have to do is decide whether YOU want to listen and plan accordingly.

When the album leaks, it's not allowed to be posted directly on this board anyway, even in MM...but that doesn't mean it's hard to find, either. It will be available for anyone who wants and avoidable for anyone who doesn't want it (but not for those who don't want to READ about it, because this place will explode with comments and opinions just like it did on June 4, 08). But about half the fanbase doesn't see leaking as "ruining a surprise," so whoever leaks it/finds it and directs attention from this board to it will not be banned, unless policy has changed since what happened in '08.

...these days, leaks aren't simply things that people steal and post on the internet in spite of the artists and labels and their wishes--many artists and labels and management teams see leaks as GOOD things, sometimes even INTENTIONAL things, so it really can have very little to do with "respect," unless Coldplay were obviously extremely and vocally adamant about keeping it under wraps until release like Jay-Z and Kanye were of late. Leaks are inevitable in this day and age, so rather than fight against them, they have been incorporated into promo techniques and sometimes are PURPOSELY leaked by the "authorities" themselves under the table. Regardless of whether or not they want it to happen, the band's aware it probably will get out and probably won't be hurt or tortured by the idea that some people choose to listen to it a few weeks before the date that they decided to put it on shelves. For a lot of people, the release date isn't some ~magic~ point in time where they're granted permission from a higher power to do something, it's a date to look forward to with massive excitement, but something that's willingly ended early. It doesn't make listeners bad people, or any less of fans than the people who (so often haughtily) regard themselves as saints for not listening until the ~magic~ date of release. It's often impossible or hard to tell where a leak came from, so it all may be part of EMI's plan, or Coldplay's plan themselves. We'll never know, but to call people that listen to leaks disrespectful or not "real" fans (whatever the hell THAT means) is ludicrous. Everyone just needs to make up their own mind on whether or not to listen when it happens, and those who don't want to listen just need to be careful where to point their eyes when on this board and other centers of Coldplay fans. Beyond that, let's not pass judgement on a person for doing something that the band/the label/the team may WANT us to do in the first place, or at the very least, doing something that the band/the label/the team have certainly planned for and are aware of. If the thought of people listening a few weeks early really broke them up, they'd either take Kanye/Jay-Z-level precautions or not be in this industry.

Side note: The band has already shown they're not entirely precious with keeping it under wraps by letting the whole world listen to versions of about half the album live already, releasing a studio variation of "Charlie Brown" to UK TV, and inviting six fans to a private listening party on September 16 in Austin, TX, where things could potentially get out despite contracts and precautionary measures. The Kanye/Jay-Z method would never be that lenient. Maybe they still don't want the whole thing to leak, but they've proven they're not overly concerned about it, either.

To me, the only ethical problem with album leaks is that many of the more casual fans who download leaks don't intend to buy the album when it's actually released and therefore don't put their money where it should be going to keep the industry they obviously have some interest in afloat. But for big, big fans of a band, who usually will buy at least one hard copy of a band's album anyway and see them on tour at least once...there's absolutely nothing wrong with listening to a leak. Some people like to associate specialness with the date that the industry has deemed acceptable for release. Others don't give a rat's ass and see a leak as PART of the album buildup and excitement. Don't take that excitement away from them, either.

That's directed at no one in particular, by the way, despite quoting posts :D. It's just that if we're going to throw around the wretched phrase "real fan," let's educate ourselves a bit about what leaks actually mean and what they actually DO before positioning ourselves above or below other fans and pointing fingers at personal and ultimately harmless choices. If anyone was really curious, I could give an explanation of why someone would WANT to listen to a leak for reasons that weren't simply "I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE, GIMME GIMMIE GIMMIE."

Bottom line: it's almost definitely going to leak. All you have to do is decide whether YOU want to listen and plan accordingly.

I couldnt have said it better myself. I will listen to the leak, but Im also buying the special edition, Im not at all hurting Coldplay OR EMI, if anyone cares for EMI in the first place :D

You have incredible posts

...these days, leaks aren't simply things that people steal and post on the internet in spite of the artists and labels and their wishes--many artists and labels and management teams see leaks as GOOD things, sometimes even INTENTIONAL things, so it really can have very little to do with "respect," unless Coldplay were obviously extremely and vocally adamant about keeping it under wraps until release like Jay-Z and Kanye were of late. Leaks are inevitable in this day and age, so rather than fight against them, they have been incorporated into promo techniques and sometimes are PURPOSELY leaked by the "authorities" themselves under the table.

:thinking:I never even thought about that, but it makes a lot of sense.

A huge band (and their management, record label, etc.) will probably be able to prevent an album from leaking, if they really wanted to. So yeah, maybe leaks aren't that 'wrong' at all.

And I agree with the rest of your pretty huge post. :kiss:

I have never had any qualms about listening to a leak, so I'm able to freely say (not that I've made any secret of it in the past) that I'll listen to the album if we do happen to get it any earlier than planned and not feel worried that it makes me any less of a fan, or that it's a show of disrespect toward the band. I know I'll be buying copies of the album, so pretty much I'm just playing the waiting game now.

I have never had any qualms about listening to a leak, so I'm able to freely say (not that I've made any secret of it in the past) that I'll listen to the album if we do happen to get it any earlier than planned and not feel worried that it makes me any less of a fan, or that it's a show of disrespect toward the band. I know I'll be buying copies of the album, so pretty much I'm just playing the waiting game now.

+100000

Every time I see a new post on this thread I die.

:thinking:I never even thought about that, but it makes a lot of sense.

A huge band (and their management, record label, etc.) will probably be able to prevent an album from leaking, if they really wanted to. So yeah, maybe leaks aren't that 'wrong' at all.

And I agree with the rest of your pretty huge post. :kiss:

It's actually exactly the opposite: even huge bands and their management teams and labels CAN'T prevent an album from leaking, no matter how hard they try. Or at least they couldn't until a few weeks ago, when Kanye and Jay-Z pulled out a new method that actually worked--a highly anticipated album from a major artist in the past five years or more that hasn't leaked is almost unheard of, which is why the story of Watch The Throne and what it took to protect it is pretty remarkable. But artists and labels and teams know that they CAN'T stop leaks, so instead of trying to stop them, many of them have now adjusted their business and plans to make them work in their favor, which sometimes includes leaking it themselves on their own terms before someone else does :smiley:.

And thanks for the lovely things everyone's said :blush:.

I'm sure it will leak maybe one or two weeks before and I know most of the leaks are on purpose but I won't listen to it befor buying the record. I just love the feeling of puting the CD on and "discovering" the songs. I don't want it to leak, but I don't mind if it does, what I really want right now is the tracklist though.

They're the biggest band in the world, this is the most anticipated album of the year, it won't leak before 10 October.

(= random guess)

sigh

Coldplay is not the biggest band in the world, guys. To most of us, yes, but to the rest of the world? Heck no.

^ :P

Coldplay is the biggest band in the world.

Tell me a band that is bigger than CP nowadays WW ?

U2 has bigger tour yes ,but in terms of sales coldplay wins by far in the last years.

Now if the new album is big as its supposed to be..

They will rule again..

youll see