✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto will be released in Japan on October, 19th with three bonus tracks!

coldpatrix

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why they decide to release it early in some countries, esp. Japan. People will buy it, and rip the album and put it up for free - there goes your inital day album sales. They should just release it on the same day worldwide, and let the chips fall where they may -

Can anyone in the know, tell me why labels do this? or does it not make a difference to release the albums at different dates in the world, i mean with the internet - this album will be downloaded illegally 5 d before it is released to the rest of the world.

Japan gets bonus tracks because it costs less for Japanese fans to buy Import releases from other countries.

So to encourage them to buy domestic albums in Japanese stores/online, they add bonus tracks.

Mostly, especially in the days of CD singles, these tracks end up as B sides elsewhere later on.

This is according to various interviews with bands where they've been asked about it.

I know it isn't the right place but ETIAW has been just registered on ASCAP

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=883323595&search_in=i&search_type=exact&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=25&start=1

It was the only one that was not registered yet. I wonder if they'll be registering some more or not...

I was in HMV in Cork, Ireland today and just to see what he said I asked when the album is out. He told me it's out on the 21st of October, so it's out here early too but no bonus track though :-/

Brillant - October 21st it is!!

Least we get it 3 days earlier then the release date stated!!

So Im guessing Canada will have to wait till the 24th? Thats not fair :(

But I agree with the rest of you, Im sure the internet will supply me with the songs before I have the actually cd. Thats one positive aspect of all of this I guess.

bad news , I think it's might actually be the 25th...depending on who you ask Canada gets thrown into the United States 25th release date

Brillant - October 21st it is!!

Least we get it 3 days earlier then the release date stated!!

Yeah but I doubt that includes the pop up edition though which is what i'm hoping to get. At least it's only 3 days in that case but if not then 3 DAYS OF HAVING IT BEFORE A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!!! lol :D

The guy in the shop might have been wrong though...

i don't think he was, he typed it into the computer and that's what came up. Also White Lies new album came out 3 days before the UK date. Bombay Bicycle Club's album which came out in the UK yesterday came out on Friday over here

I love it, it's my favourite album of the year so far and i've only had it a few hours. It's all electric again so it's nothing like Flaws. My favourites by a mile on the album are Take The Right One, Beggars and Leave It. They've done a great job with this album