✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto will be released in Japan on October, 19th with three bonus tracks!

coldpatrix

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why they decide to release it early in some countries, esp. Japan. People will buy it, and rip the album and put it up for free - there goes your inital day album sales. They should just release it on the same day worldwide, and let the chips fall where they may -

Can anyone in the know, tell me why labels do this? or does it not make a difference to release the albums at different dates in the world, i mean with the internet - this album will be downloaded illegally 5 d before it is released to the rest of the world.

It's already been explained, but you just haven't read - to encourage buyers to buy the local version, which is costlier than buying a cheaper foreign import.

EDIT- Oh shat, ninja'd.

My son collects Japanese releases and we were in Tokyo a few years ago and went to the big HMV store. I was in my glory. I think it was something like 5 or 6 stories, filled with music. All those releases with all kinds of bonus material. I had planned to buy a bunch of stuff but couldn't justify spending $40-$50 per CD. Like someone mentioned, these bonus tracks will become available eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is there no chance to find out which bonustrack will be on the japanese version?

Can they already preorder it and see the tracklisting?

Earlier today I remembered that Japan would have bonus tracks so I decided to switch my iTunes store to Japan to see if the tracks were up there. They are. The bonus tracks are just live version of Charlie Brown and ETIAW from Glastonbury.

Earlier today I remembered that Japan would have bonus tracks so I decided to switch my iTunes store to Japan to see if the tracks were up there. They are. The bonus tracks are just live version of Charlie Brown and ETIAW from Glastonbury.

That's really sucky.

^ This would make my year, but I am beginning to doubt whether will ever hear it. It is going to turn into the Famous Old Painters of the Mylo Xyloto era.

Why would it make your year? You don't even know what it is, it's just a title. It could be a 5 second drum solo for God's sake.

We will get several B-Sides for sure,maybe including 'Car Kids' and 'Wedding Bells'

We won't get wedding bells.

When I met Chris I spoke to him about it and he said it was originally a sister song for Christmas Lights, so if they were going to release it, it would have been as a B-Side to that. Though I did tell him I thought it should be on the new record and he said they should play it live.. which he kinda did a few times.

That's barely even enough to constitute a bonus track, ugh :sad:

We won't get wedding bells.

When I met Chris I spoke to him about it and he said it was originally a sister song for Christmas Lights, so if they were going to release it, it would have been as a B-Side to that. Though I did tell him I thought it should be on the new record and he said they should play it live.. which he kinda did a few times.

I don't know, these guys change their minds every twenty seconds. I think if we were to get original B-sides for the remaining singles on this album, that *could* be one of them because it's a "safe" choice and has already been received pretty well in the manifestations we've heard. Even a lot of non-fanatics have heard that one and seemingly liked it, and I think as long as they have a recording of it that they like enough to show the world, I wouldn't be surprised if they put it out there because it's pretty covetable already.

That's a long-winded way of saying "I don't trust a word that comes out of their mouths and wouldn't put it past them to release it someday" :P

Bonus track- Car Kids

The fact that "Car Kids" and that "CK" symbol are all over everything onstage, especially their clothes, makes me think that has morphed into a different song, but the phrase "car kids" still is in the lyrics somewhere of something that's on the album.

The fact that "Car Kids" and that "CK" symbol are all over everything onstage, especially their clothes, makes me think that has morphed into a different song, but the phrase "car kids" still is in the lyrics somewhere of something that's on the album.

The only thing about that that throws me is that CK is the symbol for Us Against the World which makes no mention of the phrase...so if that had happened why wouldn't that make the CK the symbol for the song it had turned into? And wasn't LRLRL supposed to be the title track of Viva and the song itself got scrapped? Not trying to be a theory killer...just giving some food for thought.