✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Female vocal? ** UPDATED - It's Rihanna **

Mimixxx

this has been approved by Will.

If it's a terrible idea, Will would have said NO in the first place. He usually makes the call

True. But he allowed the lyrical incompetence of 'Paradise' - "para, para, paradise" on to the album.

Ah well, I guess it fits in well with "um...brella, ella, ella".

:shocked2:

ETA - that's a bit harsh calling Chris lyrically incompetent. But I hope the band realise they've worried a lot of their long time, hardcore fans. :(

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how some people are harboring the illusion that if they complain about anything enough they can influence the artist to change it.

Trust me, Rihanna, wouldn't have been the first name that popped into my head, but she has a decent enough voice, and with some Coldplay touch I'm sure it would be a great song.

I'm more interested in the revelation that this album is STILL a concept album about boy and girl relationships. The need for two voices is interesting!

Also, their last collab with a female artist, Kylie Minogue, was amazing. Luana is a great and underrated song.

How about using ohhh I don't know maybe fellow countrymen Adele or Florence? I was so disheartened when I read this this morning. My fiance and I were just saying the other day how every hip hop artist needed someone to collaborate with and I beckoned that I was overly pleased that Coldplay didn't feel the need to do that, then I get this news. Are they truly at the point in their career where Chris feels they need outside influence to get the job done? I feel bad for Will, Guy and Jonny...damn shame. Viva La Vida!!!

Rihanna! :angry:

Another step in the completely wrong direction, another stiff middle finger to the fans that have been with them since the beginning. If this is true, the band are now coming across like a bunch of complete whores and just trying to pick up new fans wherever they can find them. What are they thinking?! It can only be about the money, do they need it? Or are they thinking they will sell a zillion more copies and to every kid in the hood now with her name attached... dear me WTF is going on CP?! I was feeling quite optimistic about the album prior to this, even after listening to that turd Paradise (a massive regression) this morning... But this is to much though.

And of course now we will have to see her ugly little troll face pop up in the video for POC as well : (

Florence + The Machine would have been epic on POC. Her voice is soooo pure!!!

Nahh..

I think that they chose to have her on partly because they knew it would work and partly to challenge everyones perceptions of what a Coldplay song should sound like. Do people seriously think that they would do something like this without thinking it through? are you forgetting that theyve spent around 2 and a half years making this record?? Although it does seem a little strange we can only be positive and trust their judgement.

and think about all of the other excellent songs that are going to be on the album.

This makes me want to put a bullet in my head.

WTF is this Chris?? ^yes me too

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I mean to give credit to Chris I think she is one of the better female vocalists of today. But I don't want that SLUT SEX POP GARBAGE on my Coldplay album!! : F-ing ridiculous. X( I'm beyond disappointed. It makes me wanna badly change my favorite band to Radiohead. :'(

Edit: although they had Jay-Z on lost so. i guess I can't really say much. He's really talented though and Chris is good friends with him so it's different for me. i guess it could be worse. I just hope there is a version without her like the one without Jay of Lost! Maybe it'll be really good and surprise us. I kind doubt it though.

^+1

no its pretty fucking bad, her voice is sooo annoying, it sounds like a down syndrome jamacian

:lol: Yes it does, i don't think this is good at all, I mean seriously Coldplay, not this, please not this, Gaga would be better to be honest, at least she has a great voice, but not Rihanna, please... I'm begging you!!

Rihanna? Seriously? Geez, Chris Martin! You could've chosen anyone!! You chose someone who can't even sing live without the help of autotune!

Why not Sia or Regina Spektor or Sara Bareilles or Tori Amos?!

I'm so icked out right now. As much as I hate Lady Gaga, I would've rather seen her sing with Coldplay.

ETA: I hated the JayZ collaboration. HATED. I banished that song off my iPod. And if Chris and Jay are such good friends, then why not have Beyonce do the female part!?! She can at least sing.

I really like Jay-Z, so I was okay with having Jay-Z on Lost... and for those of us who weren't happy about it, at least they released Lost+ AND Lost! so you could pick and choose which version you listen to.

It'll be cool if they do the same thing with PoC... like, release a Rhianna version and a Rhianna-free version... but I doubt it'll happen that way.

I'm not too excited about this collaboration, but I guess I'll have to hear it before I can really make a fair judgement.

I had the same sort of reaction to this news (at first) but my roommate pointed out that Chris is super selective of the people he duets with and even Lhuna with Kylie Minogue didn't make the album.. makes me think that Princess of China is really something special. I'm not the biggest Rihanna fan, but I'll always love Pon de Replay and she was awesome on All of the Lights

Plus, with a Coldplay/Rihanna combo there's no way that song won't stay at #1 on the charts for like 10 years

Today has been some kind of Coldplay nightmare for me. First we get Paradise which turned out to be yet another underwhelming pop song to go with ETIAW. Now we have to have a generic pop artist on the song that could have saved the album? Coldplay may earn some new fans with this album, by they're going to lose alot of it's original fanbase. Moving to Mars is the best thing they've done this era and it's not even on the album. Coldplay used to be one of the most exciting bands around, but now they've been reduced to a cheesy pop band, and not a very good one at that. For the first time ever I'm actually considering giving the album a miss. I haven't heard anything so far that has made me interested in the album.