✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[21-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Today Show, Rockefeller Plaza, New York, USA

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know for sure that the emails for Fan/VIP Passes have been sent or not? I haven't gotten one yet but I registered on Monday. It's odd because the email notice to register came 2 weeks before, instead of the usual 1 week. Guess they thought demand would be high :)

Blah, plans are falling throughhhhhhhh. Forget the sun gods, I'm praying to the Coldplay karma gods to finally smile upon me for ONCE, cause if I don't get a VIP or Fan Pass I don't think I can go anymore :( :( :(

are there any Coldplayers with connections/good karma/something that can possibly help me out?!?!

Yeah, I'm beyond bummed about of the VIP passes. I wrote the longest essay (as in used all of the characters available) explaining my love for Coldplay. NBC is the worst. But, whatever, still going and it's going to be great! Stayin' positive. LESS THAN A WEEK EVERYONE!

eh, it's not about the fact that I want a good spot, it's the fact that everyone I know is now either VIP or not going, so I have no one to go with :\ I can't go alone, so... hoping for a miracle so I can still go!

hi everyone!!! haven't been on here in agessss, what a terrible fan i am :embarrassed:

i signed up for a pass on monday or tuesday i believe and havent received an email back. pretty much lost all hope =[ how long after you signed up did you get the confirmation, halokiti?

I was away on business most of the week and didn't see the info about the passes until yesterday. But I went ahead and applied anyway! Praying that it'll work out but I will be there even if it doesn't. I'm not camping out - at my age I need a bed at night! - but will get there around 5 a.m. If anybody wants to keep in touch via text while there please send me a PM. And if anybody has an extra pass and no guest, I'd love to be there with you!

I didn't get a VIP pass either... :'( I wrote a very short thing about how much I love Coldplay, and how I'm flying up from Florida to see this which is a pretty big deal for me since flying is one of my biggest phobias ever. My boyfriend also did one (even though he's staying down here) and simply put "I plan on bringing one guest" and didn't get an email back either. Bummer!

I haven't found anyone to go with yet, since unlike 3 years ago, all my CT friends all have grown-up jobs now and refuse to call out... but I'll go either way. The only thing I'm worried about is finding someone to hold my spot while I run around the corner to McDonalds to pee or something. It'll be a good time no matter what though, I'm sure of that.

I am going but I am not camping out. I was planning on heading over between 4-5am. I am really bummed about the VIP passes. I got an email 2 weeks ago and replied right away. I figured I just didnt get them. I was out of town all week and just got home and saw they sent another one and missed it. Ugh. I will have my daughter with me who is almost 8 and was really hoping we would be close so that she can see the band. I would love to meet up with anyone who doesnt have VIP.

this is my first time posting here

guess i've been too shy to do so

anyhow, i plan on camping out for the concert

i applied for the fan pass but i doubt i'll get one

plus i forgot to include how many guests i wanted to bring

i plan on leaving home after Grey's Anatomy goes off

so i'll be camping out all night

i wanted to drag my friend along but she really doesn't want to camp out

Hello! I have not been in here in ages, but a quick note on VIP passes and what not. This will be my second time going to a Today show concert (Yes I won passes this go around) The first being John Mayer last summer.

I just want to tell people do not give up hope and to let you know if you did not get a set don't be too bummed. I had fan passes for JM, and the set up was not that great, no "perk" really, the people without passes were pretty much in the same part as we were, and unfortunately there was A LOT of gate hopping, and people were just pushing up front. It was quite the scene.

This is my first post too. I applied for a pass as well... should we have heard back by now? I just checked on their website and the "Ever wish you could be front and center when your favorite music star performs on TODAY? Well, now you can. For a chance to get a fan pass to Coldplay's concert" up on the site. Which means Im assuming they are still accepting responses?

I wrote this huge thing about how i am a college student in physical therapy program and this concert is fate because its just 2 days after 2 of my hardest finals (neuroanatomy and neurophysiology) and its the only weekend I have off until christmas. How can you say no to that! :)

Despite the pass situation I still plan on driving the 5 hours thursday after the finals and being there at 1 or 2 am (my friend in NYC Im going with has to work at 11am after they perform so i want her to atleast get a little sleep haha)

See everyone there! :)

I didn't get a VIP pass either... :'( I wrote a very short thing about how much I love Coldplay, and how I'm flying up from Florida to see this which is a pretty big deal for me since flying is one of my biggest phobias ever. My boyfriend also did one (even though he's staying down here) and simply put "I plan on bringing one guest" and didn't get an email back either. Bummer!

I haven't found anyone to go with yet, since unlike 3 years ago, all my CT friends all have grown-up jobs now and refuse to call out... but I'll go either way. The only thing I'm worried about is finding someone to hold my spot while I run around the corner to McDonalds to pee or something. It'll be a good time no matter what though, I'm sure of that.

Not really sure how to use this whole "quote" feature yet... I'll be there too and the 2 friends Im going with might have to leave for their 'real jobs'... we can have eachothers backs with the whole mcdonalds peeing stuff haha... what time do you plan on going?

Hey I'm interested in camping out - have done it twice before for other concerts there last year, it was a lot of fun, bc you're hanging with die hard fans, plus some people bring their instruments or radios and play the music. I can arrive after 11p since i'm working till then, let me know - PM me, I would like to be a part of this bc this album is amazing and i'm an old school coldplay fan from the get go - it's great to see how far they've come.

I actually skipped out work for an hour last time they were there in 2008, totally worth it. definitely camping out for this one - can bring supplies let me know.

hey guys pm me - i live in the city, upper west side by columbus circle - am going to the colbert report tomorrow for the taping, but want to definitely camp out for the Coldplay concert, i work till 11p on Thursday, so can come after that - let me know - PM and I will send you my contact info - so excited for this, it's a lot of fun - and it will great to meet real Coldplay fans - just watched Red Bull concert - awesome!, can't wait to see them this Friday.

Viva la Coldplay