I know they played 5 last time... so my guess is

(not in order)

ETIAW

Paradise

Charlie Brown

*those are shoe ins

other potentials could be:

UATW

Viva (although they played it last TODAY Show)

Scientist (hoping !!)

Fix You

Clocks (played last time)

so those first 3 and either combo of those last ones to make a 5 song setlist

What do you guys think ??

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lucky enough to get VIP passes and will be coming up from school in Virginia to see the band. I also got passes the last time they were at the Today Show...it was so worth it. If it's like last time, there is a gated pen that occupies a few hundred people for VIPers, a passageway, and then behind that are everyone else that camped out.

My train gets in at around 2am Friday, I'm dropping off my stuff at my sister's place, and then plan to go straight to Rockefeller Center. Hope to see some crazy Coldplay fans there with me

My guesses for what they'll play, assuming they do 5 again on air:

Paradise

ETIAW

Charlie Brown

Hurts Like Heaven

Viva

I'd really like to switch out Viva for something else new, though, just because it's a short set and I'd like to maximise hearing new stuff because it's new. Either way, I think they'll stick to the happy, pumped-up songs for a televised morning show, nothing too melancholy or slow like UATW, or the oldies like The Scientist or Fix You. Watch me be totally wrong, though :lol:

Last time in soundcheck they also did an acoustic version of Yellow, so maybe we can hope for one more song in soundcheck?

My guesses for what they'll play, assuming they do 5 again on air:

Paradise

ETIAW

Charlie Brown

Hurts Like Heaven

Viva

I'd really like to switch out Viva for something else new, though, just because it's a short set and I'd like to maximise hearing new stuff because it's new. Either way, I think they'll stick to the happy, pumped-up songs for a televised morning show, nothing too melancholy or slow like UATW, or the oldies like The Scientist or Fix You. Watch me be totally wrong, though :lol:

Last time in soundcheck they also did an acoustic version of Yellow, so maybe we can hope for one more song in soundcheck?

This is my guess for the setlist too :P

I'm also hoping they play something newer other than an older song :wacko:

I saw them at Ellen on Monday and KROQ in Tuesday. They played Viva, Clocks, Paradise, Fix You, and ETIAW on Ellen. They played Yellow, Viva, Paradise, Fix You, Charlie Brown and ETIAW on KROQ on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to be kind of miffed if they really have that many old things :sad:. At least, as miffed as one can be at a Coldplay show, but I'm surprised that they're not focusing solely on the new stuff, given all their insane promo.

I can really, really live without Fix You. I want HURTS LIKE HEAVEN, MAN :bigcry:

Not really sure how to use this whole "quote" feature yet... I'll be there too and the 2 friends Im going with might have to leave for their 'real jobs'... we can have eachothers backs with the whole mcdonalds peeing stuff haha... what time do you plan on going?

Oops, haven't been online! I was planning on getting there sometime between 9 and 11, but not exactly sure yet...

Anyone else going the the free show in NYC Friday?

Just wondering if anyone was going to the free show in NYC friday morning, cause I am! I am going the day before, cause I live in jersey, so I don't want to have to go home and come back. I may take my digital recorder, and try and record the show. I am going rain or shine!

Hey guys I know I'm really really late in asking about this show. But I would absolutely love to go although I don't think I can camp out all night. I'll have to drive around 4 hours and maybe the earliest I can get there will be like 3am? Do you guys think it would be worth it to still go? I don't care how close I am as long as I could actually see the stage somewhat and hear it :p that's what I mean by worth it. Any input from people who went last time would be great. I've heard camping all night is good and getting there at 6 is bad, but I just dont know about in between those times. These things don't happen too often but I just don't know what to expect.

Thanks guys!

Hey guys I know I'm really really late in asking about this show. But I would absolutely love to go although I don't think I can camp out all night. I'll have to drive around 4 hours and maybe the earliest I can get there will be like 3am? Do you guys think it would be worth it to still go? I don't care how close I am as long as I could actually see the stage somewhat and hear it :p that's what I mean by worth it. Any input from people who went last time would be great. I've heard camping all night is good and getting there at 6 is bad, but I just dont know about in between those times. These things don't happen too often but I just don't know what to expect.

Thanks guys!

Driving 4 hours? I work three blocks from there and I am still hesitant to go.

I'm not sure when I'll end up getting there :P

I'll be doing my best to livetweet everything as much as possible though, with the soundcheck and everything. It depends on my phone batter though :P

Anyway my twitter is: onlyindreams387, zoe's is notlost92 and my friend Amy who is also coming is thatgirlamy19

I'm so excited :dance:

Hey all - I've pm'd a few folks here planning to camp out - was trying to get a coldplaying faction together in line for the camp out - let me know if you're interested in joining. Now it's going to be hard to save spots for everybody for whoever decides to join this group and is the earliest in line, but we should try coordinate something, think it would be great if we had legit coldplaying fans as close to the front as possible. I've camped out before, and people can save spots to a degree/ within reason. Let me know what you all think. It would be great to meet all of you in person bc even friends of mine who are fans, r not as diehard as we all are. PM me, or post to the board if interested.

I might get there after 11p but am working on getting there earlier. All the best - to a great concert, and meeting fellow coldplayers.

btw as far as the setlist - Viva will definitely be on there. ETIAW, Paradise for sure, and I think we will see POC possibly since it is going to be a single (?already, I think it's too soon, but i guess they're going for it). As for a fifth song - possibly MX/HLH which would be amazing, would love to dance to that one right from the get go. Supposedly on the Today show, they said the concert will start at 830 or so.

CB is also a definite possibility bc it's such an immediate song and will be a hit for sure, plus they will get people interested in getting the album if they like that song which is the purpose of all these promo concerts.

i prob could have gotten vip tickets through work but i didnt want to risk it for my job. Also If you want to the letterman show early or late you prob could have seen them getting in and out of the buildings.