✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise Live

LetsTalk212

Okay, so now that we have seen a good quality version of Paradise live, what is everyones opinion? I personally thought it was a good song once I heard it, but I feel like seeing it live, it just comes across much better. I'd like to get everyones opinion that has seen the ACL stream, as I know there was a lot of division over the song this past week.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows I haven't been the biggest fan of Paradise but the studio version is far better than the live version. The live version sounds kind of.... flat. It certainly doesn't have that epic sound of the studio version because it would be hard to recreate live without using significant amount of playback. It also isn't helped by Chris Martin's pitchy vocals (is it me or is his live singing not as consistent as before?)

I literally just saw the live stream from Austin City Limits. Wonderful, as with any Coldplay performance. I loved "Paradise" from the moment I first heard the studio version, and I have a feeling it will end up being one of my favorite songs off MX. Can't wait to see it live in person!

I'm not going to go anywhere near saying that Paradise is my favorite song off of the new album. BUT, I will say that it sounded wonderful live! I liked the studio version, but hearing it live just confirmed the fact that it isn't such a crap song like some people think it is. It really soars, and it brings out more of the band as a whole. I'm excited for the rest of the album now! :D