✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise Live

LetsTalk212

It doesn't sound any better. The lyrics are still piss on toast and the instrumentation is significantly underwhelming.

ETIAW: 1

Paradise: 0

When have the boys ever been known for intricate or impressive instrumentation? A mere beginner in guitar, drums, and bass could learn most of their tracks, and the piano riff for "Paradise" is very well written.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the live version!! The piano especially. It sounds so good. I liked the song before the live version, but I like it a bit more now. I think it has a lot of energy...though I wish they had ended with Clocks or something older at the festival.

I think that in the live version you realise even more how bad the "Para Para Paradise" bit is.

It takes too much time before it goes on if you know what I mean.

So yes, of course it's better live, but it can't "rescue" the song.

Haha yes. As soon as the first 'para para paradise' comes in, I thought to myself..'gosh that part is really REALLY bad'. The live version really highlights all the bad things about the song. You can hear the lyrics more clearly, and every line makes me cringe even more. Though, I have to say, I like the first 30 seconds instumental part of the song.

I love the live version!! The piano especially. It sounds so good. I liked the song before the live version, but I like it a bit more now. I think it has a lot of energy...though I wish they had ended with Clocks or something older at the festival.

Clocks was played later

Haha yes. As soon as the first 'para para paradise' comes in, I thought to myself..'gosh that part is really REALLY bad'. The live version really highlights all the bad things about the song. You can hear the lyrics more clearly, and every line makes me cringe even more. Though, I have to say, I like the first 30 seconds instumental part of the song.

exactly my thoughts. Still song is meh but I really didn't care too much because Major Minus and UATW were amazing!

Guest howyousawtheworld

I am really enjoying the live version. Nothing memorable but I think this has gotten the same reception from me as Violet Hill. Don't know it will have the longevity of Violet Hill though.

I'm sorry and I don't mean to hate on this song even more but I don't understand why some people like the live version better.... To me chris' voice sounded off in some parts which kind of made me cringe. Did anyone else feel that because he is definitely a better singer than how he sung in that song. One part I did like was the instrumental intro though

^ Jonny's solo should have been turned up though.

I'm sorry and I don't mean to hate on this song even more but I don't understand why some people like the live version better.... To me chris' voice sounded off in some parts which kind of made me cringe. Did anyone else feel that because he is definitely a better singer than how he sung in that song. One part I did like was the instrumental intro though

I think that many are just relieved they didn't rely on the backing track too much. It seemed pretty piano driven.

The singing will improve when Chris is more used to playing it, I think. It's not the easiest song to sing, but he can definitely do better.

^ Jonny's solo should have been turned up though.

I think that many are just relieved they didn't rely on the backing track too much. It seemed pretty piano driven.

The singing will improve when Chris is more used to playing it, I think. It's not the easiest song to sing, but he can definitely do better.

Yeah, when they started to play Viva la Vida live, you could only hear the drums and the strings backing track. Now they do the main strings part with keyboards and loop it. I think they learned that they should play most of the instrumentation live, even when the studio version has instruments that can't be played live. I have nothing against backing tracks, though. They've been using them since AROBTTH I think (at least for Politik)

And although this is a bit off-topic, I'd love if they do a special concert someday with a orchestra/real strings (I think they played Politik that way at the Grammy's)

Paradise live has thumbs up from me, simply because CM is strapped in and doesn't prance about like a moron ruining his vocals AKA ETIAW

I noticed this, too. I think it translated well live. I was worried about it. But, even though he was chained to the piano, I still think he sounded....tired? Fatigued? His voice just didn't have any power.