✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ SECC, Glasgow, Scotland

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I was hoping that they would return to two hour gigs like they did with the VLV tour. 90 minutes for a festival gig is understandable but for an actual concert in my opinion, they should play for at least 2 hours. A little off topic but I saw Jason Mraz earlier this week and he played for 3 hours and Coldplay has more albums then he does. A bit disappointing that they aren't doing longer sets and hopefully that changes.

Wow, I was hoping that they would return to two hour gigs like they did with the VLV tour. 90 minutes for a festival gig is understandable but for an actual concert in my opinion, they should play for at least 2 hours. A little off topic but I saw Jason Mraz earlier this week and he played for 3 hours and Coldplay has more albums then he does. A bit disappointing that they aren't doing longer sets and hopefully that changes.

I agree, with the prices they should definitely be playing closer to 2 hours than 90 minutes.

is this the Setlist, sorry the concert is 2 hours ago and here are the speculation are running. Where is the Setlist. Is here no scotish man that confirm the setlist.

When U2 play at takatuka land, than is 30 seconds after concert a confirmed Setlist on a German Side calls U2tour. de.

where is the Problem, why needs it so long, to send the Setlist from tonights gig in Glasgow.

i remember it took them a while to play Cemetries of London and reign of love during the Viva la vida tour.... i was waiting for that back then

Did they ever play reign of love live?! Not that I want them to play it live but did they?

Guest howyousawtheworld

Strange. Not at tonight's gig but went to the last Coldplay gig at the SECC 3 years back (exactly 3 years this Friday) and they played for about 2 hours. Also I'm guessing they didn't do the little acoustic set from the audience which is a shame because that's one of the many things that made the Viva tour so great. Maybe they need time to develop the setlist and over time it will get to around two hours.

After all I do believe this MX tour will be one primarily made for stadiums and not so much arenas. But still....

And very surprised they didn't bring in new songs. Again in comparison with the Viva tour they played effectively the whole album bar two songs which was just incredible for a band of their size. But no new songs for this one - very strange. Very nice to hear they brought back Daylight and What If though! Although swap What If with Square One, White Shadows or Swallowed In The Sea and you'd make more people happier I believe!

90 Minutes? I payed over 70 quid for my ticket tomorrow night. I paid 200 quid for a ticket to Leeds festival this summer. Let's compare the two shall we? 3x 14 hour days of music compared to 90 minutes for just under half the price. Something seems off there.

Although, I am still very excited and look forward to tomorrow xD

To all complaining about the short show: This was the way the early gigs were back on the VLV tour. By the time they were playing america and stadiums in the summer of 2009, then they had the shows that were 2 hours long with 25 songs in the set.

To all complaining about the short show: This was the way the early gigs were back on the VLV tour. By the time they were playing america and stadiums in the summer of 2009, then they had the shows that were 2 hours long with 25 songs in the set.

yeah but i see no reason for that

Yeah and also in Cologne, I was there.. And it was great :)

buah lucky person, i live near the E-werk and won no tickets, Glückwunsch

but i have tickets for cologne the 15th and Frankfurt 20th, and will be have a lot off fun, i cant wait.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jRLET9AXY&feature=related]Coldplay - Green Eyes - YouTube[/ame]

will be played tonight