✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the HLH studio version?

F1-77

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I F**KING LOVE this studio version. It took a while to get used to the production but I think it suits the song very well. Love the nuances in the Ultra-Quick-Hurts-Like-Heaven lyric. and the echo-ness. is that even a word. Who gives a shit, its becoming my favourite CP track very quickly.

Sorry GPASUYF we're

almost

through. *presses repeat*

Guest howyousawtheworld

This gets a 9/10 rating. It was always going to head that way. The live version gets a 10/10 version but this is still just a fan-bloody-tastic way to open a record. I've only heard this, Charlie Brown and Princess of China so far but I'm very much looking forward to the whole thing come Monday.

And to those crying into their beers over the supposed "butchering of Chris Martin's vocals" well...tough! I've heard more than enough Coldplay songs to be happy with clean, icy Chris Martin vocals but I don't expect, nor do I want same sounding vocals on every Coldplay track.

All in all with the vocal effects on this track it reminds me of what U2 did with Bono's voice on Zoo Station. Like that, these vocals totally work in every way.

have to say that my initial reaction to the studio version was not favourable - I like the rawness and energy of the live version better. Chris seems to be getting lost in the production of the piece (I get it, you naysayers - that's the point - experimentation, new musical paths, etc. etc.) After a summer of live performances, it seems to have lost some of its genuine passion - radio will love it though

^I was disappointed with it at first. I'm still disappointed with the first guitar solo. You can't hear it when it hits the low notes and it's super irritating. Otherwise, it's awesome! I love it! It's so icy-sounding!

This gets a 9/10 rating. It was always going to head that way. The live version gets a 10/10 version but this is still just a fan-bloody-tastic way to open a record. I've only heard this, Charlie Brown and Princess of China so far but I'm very much looking forward to the whole thing come Monday.

And to those crying into their beers over the supposed "butchering of Chris Martin's vocals" well...tough! I've heard more than enough Coldplay songs to be happy with clean, icy Chris Martin vocals but I don't expect, nor do I want same sounding vocals on every Coldplay track.

All in all with the vocal effects on this track it reminds me of what U2 did with Bono's voice on Zoo Station. Like that, these vocals totally work in every way.

Holy mother I love Zoo Station.

some tonal issues with my copy - it can tide me over til the release in a few days when i get my link for download...but in the meantime i edited MX so the xylophone bit comes in almost immediately, fading into it until the actual part where it comes in on the original piece..makes it a little better for me seeing that it's closer to the live version.. i also made it a bit louder. I'll take it, and i love the song regardless.

It was always clear that the live version is a bit better than the studio one. Of course we always knew that and that's why I don't understand some reactions here. What do you expect? Live songs of Coldplay are mostly better, because they are a fucking great live band. And especially some energetic, upbeat, euphoric songs like Hurts like Heaven always work better with a crowd. With regard to this I enjoy the studio version which is different and thats why I like it so much. It makes it more interesting.

The studio version itself is mind-blowing for me. All the effects fits perfectly in the atmosphere and the outro is simply beautiful! It gives me chills everytime I hear it.

Hands down Coldplay. One of the best songs of all time and yes, even better than some other giants like Politik, Violett Hill etc. (imho).

I haven't had the time to read all of the posts but i think i'm one of the few who prefer the album version, i think the sheer energy of it is great, it gets me moving right away 8-) i actually think that the MX/HLH combo is their best album opener since Don't Panic