✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the HLH studio version?

F1-77

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

Surprised at the vitrol toward the song on the boards today. I think they absolutely nailed the studio version--the live rendition sounded far too similar to All My Friends.

I think it's fantastic. There are way too many people who still want 'old' CP

I promised myself I wouldn't listen to the leak but after all the comments I found I HjAD to listen to this song because it is one of my favourite CP songs.

Is it just me, or is it much faster than the live version? The clip I heard on YouTube sounds like its been run through a pitch shifter, kinda like when you change the playback speed on a record player?

Don't want to listen to a high quality version until Monday but thought it was a tad quick and slightly enoxified! Hoping it will grow on me like ETIAW did.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Got to applaud Coldplay for wanting to experiment with Chris's voice. Some may not like it (typically conservative Coldplay fans) but this song just works in any way. Not only one of Coldplay's best ever songs on record and live, but arguably their best opener yet. It covers so much ground and by time the song is finished you could be forgiven that you've heard the whole album! And yes it's better than Politik!

I don't get it tbh :S i think they've taken the theme of "aliens; out of space" too far, everything seems just so distant and Fazed, I pray my mind will be changed next week when i hear the vinyl and a higher Bitrate source, but still i really am dissapointed thus far.

Got to applaud Coldplay for wanting to experiment with Chris's voice. Some may not like it (typically conservative Coldplay fans) but this song just works in any way. Not only one of Coldplay's best ever songs on record and live, but arguably their best opener yet. It covers so much ground and by time the song is finished you could be forgiven that you've heard the whole album! And yes it's better than Politik!

Where can I subscribe? You hit the point perfectly. As always.

I'm proud that the guys are brave enough to make something new, different and fresh with the vocal work on this record. Just because the band is so big there'll be always criticism on everything new they do and also on everything they do the same way.

I love Hurts Like Heaven, nevertheless I consider the live version a little bit better, but thats not surprising with regard to the energy of the song.

Hurts Like heavan

MYLO XYLOTO

Hurts Like Heaven - 8/10 (Robotic kind of Voice, too many instruments)

Paradise - 7.5/10 (1 whole verse, too many ohh ohh ohh's)

Charlie Brown - 9/10 (Chris's voice, oohhhs too long)

Us Against the World - 7.5/10 (Slow, Pace dosent get fast)

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall - 7/10 (Too many instruments, Chorus too much)

U.F.o. - 6.5/10 (Very slow, DOSENT pick up at all, very short)

Princess of China - 4/10 (Too much synth, Rihanna, One Verse, oohhhs)

Up in Flames - 8.5/10 (Beats kind of odd)

Don't Let It Break Your Heart - 8/10 (Nothing special, just fast paced w/out solo instrument)

Up with the Birds - 8.5/10 (Not really a special chorus or solo instrument)

(3.5)

MYLO XYLOTO

Hurts Like Heaven - 8/10 (Robotic kind of Voice, too many instruments)

Paradise - 7.5/10 (1 whole verse, too many ohh ohh ohh's)

Charlie Brown - 9/10 (Chris's voice, oohhhs too long)

Us Against the World - 7.5/10 (Slow, Pace dosent get fast)

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall - 7/10 (Too many instruments, Chorus too much)

U.F.o. - 6.5/10 (Very slow, DOSENT pick up at all, very short)

Princess of China - 4/10 (Too much synth, Rihanna, One Verse, oohhhs)

Up in Flames - 8.5/10 (Beats kind of odd)

Don't Let It Break Your Heart - 8/10 (Nothing special, just fast paced w/out solo instrument)

Up with the Birds - 8.5/10 (Not really a special chorus or solo instrument)

(3.5)

respect your opinion but why does everyone have a problem with slow songs, there purpose is there so you slow down and think and provoke emotions and reflect. Why does everyone hate music that makes you think? is it too much work?

His voice on HUH reminds me in the last season of the TV show 'Lost' when Charlie's band Driveshaft had a pop remix of 'We All Everybody'. Sounds much better when he signs it live to me. I'll have to use the live version for my Coldplay hits CD that I use in the car.

Mmmmm.....

I gave it another couple listens and have decided that I am getting a sort of Viva La Vida feeling with this.

Although Viva La Vida is the very root of my Coldplay obsession, and I absolutely loved it the moment I heard it, I'm getting the same feeling with HLH.

I think I was just mad because I was used to hearing the rawness of the live version and not hearing all of the background voices.

1:15 on is when I got it... ARRGG the second verse is my absolute FAVORITE!

Now, I think this is my favorite song.

I applaud you, boys :D

The studio version is a disappointment to me compared to the live version.

Whenever i listen to the live version hundreds of shivers run down my spine.

The studio version sounds so sterile. Almost like an electro remix.

It is staggering how the instrumentation and production can change one's feeling for a song.

It proves the song-writing abilities are still present but it's sad the production choke it all down.