✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the HLH studio version?

F1-77

I can't put my finger on it, but the released version of HLH sounds slightly different than the leaked version...

I hear it too. My initial answer would be is that the leak was compressed to ****, whilst the CD is the best quality (other than a FLAC or lossless file) and therefore there is a ton more things going on and it sounds better.

I actually eschewed my normal practice of downloading (from 7digital or ITunes) in favour of picking up a CD as the quality will (hope I am right in saying this) be better on CD than on a compressed MP3 file?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had the time to read all of the posts but i think i'm one of the few who prefer the album version, i think the sheer energy of it is great, it gets me moving right away 8-) i actually think that the MX/HLH combo is their best album opener since Don't Panic

I, too, prefer the studio version. In fact, I didn't like the live version at all.

I prefer the live version... too much of the vocals are overprocessed on this cut. I can't tell who I'm listening to at times. It's great when they let the natural splendor of the voices carry the song, as it tends to do in the latter half.

I also think the music is overproduced at times. Once again, when the song has life when they ease off on the effects. I hope it will grow on me over time, but I can't get the live version out of my frame of reference.

I feel like when they play live, the emotion of the song really comes out. And that's what made their previous albums so good, because that emotion and brilliance was translated onto the album. I think musically, this album is unique and brilliant in its own way. But with Chris's lyrics and singing, I think they took a wrong turn.

Hurts Like Heaven is a great example of a song, which really connected you with the graffiti and the concepts they were conveying through that song. But the studio version has lost that, and I don't get shivers listening to it as much as a song like "The Scientist" or "Moses". Sure there are a few moments on the album such as "Up With the Birds" or "U.F.O." or "Us Against the World", but they don't always completely grab my attention for their beauty. That's what made Coldplay great. They made music for people to listen to, because it was just amazing to hear. The production of this album has left a few good moments and a few really bad moments. I still enjoy this album as I do the others, but not in the same way.

I guess that's what they want us to feel with this album. But I think they should worry less about the popularity of their music, but instead on the message they are giving through it.

I absolutely love both versions. After hearing all the live versions of HLH I was worried I was going to be disappointed. Yes, the studio version is quite different to the live versions... but to me they are both unique and great in their own way. This song really wants to make me dance! One of my faves on the new album.

when i first heard it, i felt it strange... the atmosphere felt like i was in mars... lol. maybe im exaggerated. but when the song plays overtime with the opening song of mylo xyloto, they both have made such a great feeling to me. :D