✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the HLH studio version?

F1-77

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's growing a little on me, but I'm still really disappointed with the vocal effects, especially in the beginning - it almost sounds as if Chris is a robot singing underwater...ridiculous. But I guess it's easy to get used to, and the guitar is awesome.

Where is Johnny's guitar riff in the verse? :/

It's a fantastic opener. It sounds a bit weird though, because MX swells up a lot during the end, and then it swells down again at the start of HLH, like it isn't properly mixed or something.

bizarre

i was one of the rare people who didn't really like the live version of HLH.

it was a cool song, but the rawness of the live version kind of made it uninteresting to me.

now, since the studio version of HLH is full of effects...

it's still a cool song and it's super interesting.

so after a handful of listens through the entire album... studio HLH is a favorite.

I started laughing, it was just sooo weird listening to the studio version!! I'm not sure I like it, def better live. We'll see, I will probably get used to it. Overall, the album does sound different than I thought it would be despite hearing more than half of it in live performances and early downloads from iTunes...I'm sure the album will be a favourite after a few more listens.