✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China: Worst Coldplay song ever?

KKOPPI

I hate Lost+ but at least 75% of that is still a Coldplay song.

agreed. but that one 25% can still spoil the rest of the song. and you can always just skip once you get to the Jay-Z cameo :laugh3:

PoC doesn't have that luxury though, so if you don't like it you'll just have to skip the whole song.

Hmm I actually really like Jay Z's Part in Lost - but I like how that was on an EP - rather than the actual album. Would have prefered Rihannas part as a B side or something because I just love chris's voice far too much to loose it on a song

God no, the worst is either The Goldrush or Ode To Deodorant. POC is far from it.

I'll agree in the sense that these choices make more sense to me for "worst Coldplay song" than PoC. "The Goldrush" is really kinda cheesy (in a not-so-good way), and O2D is just...well, y'know.

I can't help but feel like a lot of people have already set themselves up for hating this song solely for Rihanna's presence on it. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I said Rihanna isn't even one of the top 5 reasons why I hate this song. I feel I should list those 5 reasons:

- Terrible synth usage that's even more overbearing than in Paradise

- Aforementioned synths completely bury any actual instruments, making 3/4 of Coldplay members useless

- Even that 4th Coldplay member - Chris - is barely noticeable on this song as he has the minority of vocal parts

- Shit lyrics that are either for toddlers ("I wanna be a princess!") or just lazy as hell ("Lalalalalala oooooooooh")

- It's Coldplay writing an R&B song, for crying out loud

Rihanna is Reason #6. :laugh3:

Guest howyousawtheworld
I can't help but feel like a lot of people have already set themselves up for hating this song solely for Rihanna's presence on it. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I completely agree. And I think those who don't like it and say it isn't because of Rihanna are in denial.

I like it. I don't love it but I like it. Something different. The screaming synths I love. I've never been a fan of the circus that is Rihanna but she does a good job on the song and I can see plenty of people loving this song. This board isn't the be all and end all for gauging musical opinion. Plenty of people out there love this song but you're not going to find many on here.