✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China: Worst Coldplay song ever?

KKOPPI

It's weird because I heard this song on Pandora and thought the music was extremely cool and that the lyrics were great. It's really what got me into Coldplay.

I'm not a huge Rihanna fan, but I think she did pretty well on this song. I feel like people just hate on her to hate on her and don't give her enough credit. It's a really nice song, and while Rihanna maybe wasn't the best choice on Princess of China, she still did a really nice job.

I can point to you at least 5 Coldplay songs worse than Princess of China: High Speed, We Never Change, The Hardest Part, X&Y and What If

:bigcry: those are some of my favourites.

Am i the only one who doesn't really dislike any Coldplay song? I always seem to find a part of a song i find amazing, For me POC is best with only Chris voice

I like the song, it's catchy but that's all. It is definitely not their best work but it's different for a change. I think they made a wrong choice in asking Rihanna, I think if they would have asked someone like Emily Sandé it would have been a lot better.

I like the song, it's catchy but that's all. It is definitely not their best work but it's different for a change. I think they made a wrong choice in asking Rihanna, I think if they would have asked someone like Emily Sandé it would have been a lot better.

i love emily sandè!:cool:

Kelly Clarkson it's really awesome...:nod:

• 4 weeks later...

lol, I liked it at first when it was released. Then, after the MV came up on Youtube, I was totally disgusted. Nobody really needs to see Chris staring at Rihanna's backside, for one. The song is more pop than usual (and I think we can all agree on that) and a little flaw for fans like us (fans of non-pop artists/bands) is that we tend to look down on the things we see on the Billboard chart because, well, they're pop. But it's time for us to move on over this little bit and just get over it, because the song itself was quite catchy. And although it was not exactly moving nor emotional, it was intentionally created that way and we should accept it.

okay, I'm done ranting. o.o

• 5 months later...

I'm not a big fan of Rihanna and her generic pop music, but I didn't mind PoC that much. I think it probably could have been better if it wasn't so synthesized and overdone production-wise, but it's still a solid track on MX.

• 1 month later...
I like POC, and I like Lost+.

I guarantee every time someone else features in a Coldplay song (Rihanna, Jay-Z) that song will be accused of being the worst song ever. I like them both.

Not if it would be a singer from a good band, singer-songwriter or any other more respected artist. Coldplay with a rnb singer and a rnb beat, or rapper is not really a great decision.. I think.

If it would be Fran Healy, Gary Lightbody, Tom Smith.. :rolleyes:

..it would be in my dreams I guess.