✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China: Worst Coldplay song ever?

KKOPPI

Guest howyousawtheworld
You found the Paradise video clever, so im not even sad about your judgment.

Where did I say the Paradise video was "clever". You're clutching at straws mate.

Don't bother with the tasteless remarks regarding african children.

"And whyd you have to go, have to go and thorw out all of my things."

"I couldve been the princess youd be a king, i could have had a castle and worn a ring."

If thats not dumb i dont know what it is...It sounds like Bieber stuff. And "catchy"? the chorus is:

Lalalallalalala you stole my star lalalalalal.

Whoa, ohohohohohohoh ohohohohoho....

cmon -.-

Name one Coldplay song that is worst than that.

"I couldve been the princess youd be a king, i could have had a castle and worn a ring."

If thats not dumb i dont know what it is...It sounds like Bieber stuff. And "catchy"? the chorus is:

cmon -.-

I cant because there isn't one. Heck even if I was Rhianna I would be upset, its like he saved his crappiest song ever for his first duet.

YouTube users are the idiot scum of the earth and are blind worshipers of anything and everything, yet the top-viewed video for PoC currently has a 30% dislike ratio, way higher than anything else you'll find by Coldplay. That says quite a bit about the casual reception.

I didn't like "Lhuna" either but that didn't make it onto an album (did it ever even get a proper release aside from low-quality rips from the RED site?)

Guest howyousawtheworld
YouTube users are the idiot scum of the earth and are blind worshipers of anything and everything, yet the top-viewed video for PoC currently has a 30% dislike ratio, way higher than anything else you'll find by Coldplay. That says quite a bit about the casual reception.

I didn't like "Lhuna" either but that didn't make it onto an album (did it ever even get a proper release aside from low-quality rips from the RED site?)

Lhuna I think was slightly stunning. Should have been at least a Prospekts March.

Before I go on my (hopefully short) rant I'd just like to say that I'm baffled at how so many Coldplay fans can disagree on so many things when it comes to our taste in music. I guess it's to be expected though.

1) I think most the people who don't like PoC are the same ones who either A) haven't ventured out into other genres of music or B) just don't like other styles.

I'm inclined to believe that most haven't even given other types of music a chance. To those who have, that's fine, not everyone likes everything. Some like vanilla, others like chocolate, and some enjoy both :D

2) Before I became a CP fan I listened to a lot of rap (Tupac, Bone Thugz, etc), Rock, Pop, Country, whatever have you. I've been musically rounded so to me the new style is a "Coldplay-ized" version of different genres, which at first I didn't like, but now I *LOVE.*

3) Chris Martin recently said that Kanye West had redefined the way we interact with music in the sense that (my interpretation here) before we had metalheads here, hip hop fans there, and people were in their own musical box. It's this last decade that we've mashed up different styles (Jay-Z + Linkin Park, etc) and produced something completely different. I'd embrace it, I think it's great. I'd hate it if CP was 5 albums in and sounding the same. Give us a few songs that are oldplay, but give us something fresh too. That's how bands get boring, they just redo what they've always done. CP is better than that. They venture out, they dare to incorporate new styles and develop.

4) Rihanna's voice is beaut, and the song is a toe tapper. It is also a grower - you need to give it a few listens for it to hit you. When I first heard Every Tear I hated it, but now I love it. It's brilliant. Here's the problem: Most people who call these tracks terrible are comparing it to an unrealistic expectation: For Coldplay to dish out the same types of songs. If you're comparing it to Parachutes and A Rush of Blood then yes, these songs are completely off from those sounds. But if you judge it for what it is, I think there's no denying they did a great job, even if you don't like the new genre/style they're adopting.

For me it is. There has actually NEVER been a Coldplay song that I hated from the beginning - I did so with PoC. Has anyone else thought about this being the actual 'Worst song of Coldplay ever'?

PoC - Rhianna = Acceptable

cmon -.-

If you're seriously asking me to name bad Coldplay lyrics, we will be here all day.

And there's nothing wrong with "oh's." The chorus for Arcade Fire's Wake Up is one of the most catchy things ever, and there's no lyrics at all.

please do a brain MRI!

Judging by the responses so far, it looks like at least half the fanbase is going to need an MRI in that case. I don't like Rihanna but she's not what ruins the song. It's just a plain-old terrible song with or without her.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Judging by the responses so far, it looks like at least half the fanbase is going to need an MRI in that case. I don't like Rihanna but she's not what ruins the song. It's just a plain-old terrible song with or without her.

Oh yes! Just because some people don't share your "holier than thou" opinion they all need their heads scanning. Truly wonderful.

Oh yes! Just because some people don't share your "holier than thou" opinion they all need their heads scanning. Truly wonderful.

Did you even read the post I was responding to? I was saying according to the post I was quoting, everyone would need brain scans, including yours truly.

My opinion is holier than thou, but at least look at it in context.