✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China: Worst Coldplay song ever?

KKOPPI

I don't think it's their worst song when they have came up with A spell a rebel yell and chinese sleep chant, the songs that I really can't stand, but personally I really miss the boys in the song. All I can hear is Chris and Rihanna and those crazy effects, I don't even consider that it's a Coldplay song, for me it's a Chris Martin feat Rihanna song.

I used to really dislike 'Talk', and I don't even know why, but PoC is the only Coldplay song that I'll skip, and I feel that if it came on the radio, I'd turn it off. But then, I'm one of those really strange people who adores 'Paradise' (but then, I am a little biased after they filmed the video in my country and at my concert ;) )

I like it but I can understand why people dislike it, as it has been said a lot of times, this is more of a rihanna song, and a pretty good one, I'm sure most of the people who dislike it would be ok with the song if it was in a rihanna album ft chris :uhoh: I mean, I don't like Lhuna, but since it's not in a coldplay album it's fine, but I'd hate to see it in MX for example

I like it but I can understand why people dislike it, as it has been said a lot of times, this is more of a rihanna song, and a pretty good one, I'm sure most of the people who dislike it would be ok with the song if it was in a rihanna album ft chris :uhoh: I mean, I don't like Lhuna, but since it's not in a coldplay album it's fine, but I'd hate to see it in MX for example

that's true..

Yet your sig shows it's one of two coldplay songs you're listening to? :rolleyes:

What's the big deal about it? I tried to give it a few more listens, who knows if it grows on me. Just because I don't like it, does it mean I can't listen to it?

^ that! Imo, Moving to Mars could perfectly get PoC's place.

"Chinese Sleep Chant" is way better than this trash. (CSC is leagues better than "Yes", the drivel I have to sit through in order to reach CSC in the first place.)

Well, I just can't stand it :sad: I can't understand a word of what's said and the song does not grow up on me at all.

The Goldrush is a wonderful song, wtf is it with you people??? :D

PoC I don't find to be the worst, I don't find it that bad , to be honest. For me, their worst one might be Up in flames. And I fucking hate Paradise too.

- the biggest conformist on the forum much? :laugh3:

I hate X&Y. One of the worst albums of the last decade. Don't laugh at me despite our differences, try and be respectful.

There's a difference between blindly conforming and liking everything a band has done and then just throwing round bullshit statements of "it's 75% Coldplay" or "it's a Rihanna song really". If I'd have put my heart and soul into a song, I would want my effort to be recognized and not dismissed in the way that it has been by some. That word "respect" again.

It's just boring, doesn't really fit on the album and as said before feels like a song Chris has penned for Rihanna.

btw i really like Paradise, surprised to see it get o much dislike. It's very much a Coldplay feel to it but at the same time incorporating something new...something POC fails at.

What's the big deal about it? I tried to give it a few more listens, who knows if it grows on me. Just because I don't like it, does it mean I can't listen to it?

Just thought it was funny as you were so passionately stating you hated the song and you wanted it to vanish but you continue to listen to it. Why would you want it to grow on you if you've already decided you hate it?

No biggie if you dislike it. I haven't even heard it all yet, so I may be in the same boat come next week! :lol:

You know, after I've listened to it quite a few times now, it's starting to grow on me a teeny little bit, I guess, I don't like to say it, but for the sake of Coldplay, I'm going to say it's a half decent song and not their worst, but still, I wouldn't class it as a 'good' song, because let's face it, it isn't, it's mainstream, synth pop garbage, which is a lot of what I hate, but as long as Chris' voice is there to guide me through the downside of the album, I'm content with it :inquisitive:

is not synth pop

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsB_gjjcn6c]Coldplay & Rihanna - Princess of China - YouTube[/ame]

but sound that Irish folk modern. (origine of Rihanna)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNCkU16hFlo&feature=related]Ballade irlandaise - YouTube[/ame]

already know the Scottish folk bagpipes on Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall .

I hate X&Y. One of the worst albums of the last decade. Don't laugh at me despite our differences, try and be respectful.

There's a difference between blindly conforming and liking everything a band has done and then just throwing round bullshit statements of "it's 75% Coldplay" or "it's a Rihanna song really". If I'd have put my heart and soul into a song, I would want my effort to be recognized and not dismissed in the way that it has been by some. That word "respect" again.

sorry if that was a bit harsh, I was trying to joke. I agree, tastes differ !

Guest howyousawtheworld
oh dear god.

Oh dear god indeed! I am an unashamed lover of that track. I love it so much that it's better than the acoustic VLV tour version.

No Princess of China is just not the worst Coldplay song ever. It's actually very very good. The worst Coldplay song ever is Twisted Logic. My god, what a bore that song is. What an absolute bore. Come on people!

Yea... This song is pretty bad. Still can't get over the fact that they featured Rihanna on the album, or even bothered including a song like this on the album. ETIAW is actually a song I like a lot, Paradise is alright, this is pretty terrible.