✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China: Worst Coldplay song ever?

KKOPPI

I said Rihanna isn't even one of the top 5 reasons why I hate this song. I feel I should list those 5 reasons:

- Terrible synth usage that's even more overbearing than in Paradise

- Aforementioned synths completely bury any actual instruments, making 3/4 of Coldplay members useless

- Even that 4th Coldplay member - Chris - is barely noticeable on this song as he has the minority of vocal parts

- Shit lyrics that are either for toddlers ("I wanna be a princess!") or just lazy as hell ("Lalalalalala oooooooooh")

- It's Coldplay writing an R&B song, for crying out loud

Rihanna is Reason #6. :laugh3:

So you hate everything that has to do with synths? Go and search for another band, CP will be no more acoustic than before. :P

You seem to all be forgetting about a little ditty called WHAT IF.

Easily the worst Coldplay song ever.

Anyway, I think that hating on this song just because it doesn't use "real" instruments is just...stupid. Ignorant. Piano and guitar aren't the only "real" instruments, you know. Synths are perfectly good instruments, and I for one refuse to dismiss a song based on their usage.

Now, whether or not the synths are used WELL...that's a different story.

So you hate everything that has to do with synths? Go and search for another band, CP will be no more acoustic than before. :P

Already done, my friend. I have at least a dozen bands I would currently place ahead of them, probably more. Coldplay had begun losing me with Viva but I chose to stick with them because they still had redeeming qualities in my eyes. Now they've lost me altogether and I can't even consider Coldplay as one of my favorite bands anymore.

Already done, my friend. I have at least a dozen bands I would currently place ahead of them, probably more. Coldplay had begun losing me with Viva but I chose to stick with them because they still had redeeming qualities in my eyes. Now they've lost me altogether and I can't even consider Coldplay as one of my favorite bands anymore.

Sad to read :\

But well, that's how life goes on!

I can't help but feel like a lot of people have already set themselves up for hating this song solely for Rihanna's presence on it. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I completely agree. And I think those who don't like it and say it isn't because of Rihanna are in denial.

Honestly, no. I actually think Rihanna did her job well in the song. It's just... I don't know, not Coldplay-esque enough to me? If I happened not to recognize Chris' voice I swear I wouldn't know this is Coldplay.

But the obvious reason is, I just don't like it.

Same.

For the record PoC>Paradise

The Goldrush is a wonderful song, wtf is it with you people??? :D

PoC I don't find to be the worst, I don't find it that bad , to be honest. For me, their worst one might be Up in flames. And I fucking hate Paradise too.

You guys need to open your minds a little more. Jay-Z's cameo in Lost+ was stellar and Princess of China has been praised by quite a many critics. They're both 100% Coldplay songs. Get a grip.

- the biggest conformist on the forum much? :laugh3:

I agree with Ivet, for me Paradise is one of the worst Coldplay songs ever.

I actually quite like PoC though :uhoh: I'm not proud of it, but I do. It's catchy as hell. I'd take that over Para Para any day.

Paradise is the only Coldlay song that I don't like since them beginnings :\

I said Rihanna isn't even one of the top 5 reasons why I hate this song. I feel I should list those 5 reasons:

- Terrible synth usage that's even more overbearing than in Paradise

- Aforementioned synths completely bury any actual instruments, making 3/4 of Coldplay members useless

- Even that 4th Coldplay member - Chris - is barely noticeable on this song as he has the minority of vocal parts

- Shit lyrics that are either for toddlers ("I wanna be a princess!") or just lazy as hell ("Lalalalalala oooooooooh")

- It's Coldplay writing an R&B song, for crying out loud

Rihanna is Reason #6. :laugh3:

This is why I said "a lot of people" and not "everyone." :tongue:

...Wait. That lyric is really in there? The "I wanna be a princess" one?

What the hell, guys? Seriously? :|

I completely agree. And I think those who don't like it and say it isn't because of Rihanna are in denial.

:nod:

You seem to all be forgetting about a little ditty called WHAT IF.

Easily the worst Coldplay song ever.

Anyway, I think that hating on this song just because it doesn't use "real" instruments is just...stupid. Ignorant. Piano and guitar aren't the only "real" instruments, you know. Synths are perfectly good instruments, and I for one refuse to dismiss a song based on their usage.

Now, whether or not the synths are used WELL...that's a different story.

1. I actually like "What If" quite a bit, and it's not nearly as bad as some other Coldplay songs I know.

2. See, that's the thing. If the synths were used well, I'd be OK with that. However, Coldplay have shown that they lack those sorts of skills throughout the entire album.

Honestly, no. I actually think Rihanna did her job well in the song. It's just... I don't know, not Coldplay-esque enough to me? If I happened not to recognize Chris' voice I swear I wouldn't know this is Coldplay.

But the obvious reason is, I just don't like it.

I understand completely.

You guys need to open your minds a little more. Jay-Z's cameo in Lost+ was stellar and Princess of China has been praised by quite a many critics. They're both 100% Coldplay songs. Get a grip.

Just because critics like it doesn't mean we have to. Instead of telling us to be more open-minded (some of us have really tried, y'know), perhaps you should be more open-minded about the differing opinions of other people.

As a Rihanna song its not bad at all, but as Coldplay song it sucks big time.

THIS. This right here. Omigeez.

Worst than A Spell A Rebel Yell? Hell No!

Exactly. That song is just atrocious.

I don't think it's so bad. Paradise is bad. ETDIAW... is better than Paradise...

Paradise is bad.

:nod:

I agree...horrible, horrible song...I'm so disappointed by this album.

How they made this after where they came from baffles me...PoC sounds like a fucking dance song...

There's nothing wrong with dance songs if they're good. Unfortunately, PoC doesn't fit into that category...